11 replies to this topic

#1 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

Hello Family just a heads up on the new ferrules we are now using on all quarter inch rods, we here at the factory went to a hollow ground ferrule for many
different reasons but there will be no strength lose to the old style ferrules as a matter of fact these are stronger..... Also because of the flex in all the new
rods we are sure with the hollow ferrules we will get a better contact of rod to ferrule and even when they do break lose (which will happen) you will be able
to get at them better. No these are not 240 pultruded these ferrules are a Revolution product and are closer to the ferrule we have always used on the SLE
rod, they are strong and they are lighter and they are an improvement on what we do.... As always we are working on the inside to give you a better all
round product and with that changes have to happen...... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 tommylurvebus

tommylurvebus

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:12 AM

"Stronger and lighter" always sounds good to me Ben.
tommy harrison

#3 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:20 AM

Awesome!
I'll get some.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#4 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:14 PM

Thanks Ben, for the explanation and always striving for new and improved!!

You are awesome :)

I received some already!

#5 Thomas S. Petersen

Thomas S. Petersen
  • Forum Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:47 AM

Sounds great Ben Posted Image

Then we hope the some of them will be send to Europe !!
Best regards
Thomas
Denmark
SKYM8S

#6 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:20 AM

I guess it's time to go to the 6 piece frame travel sets now and a Revolution Transport Log instead of their old styled rolled-up skinny bags. Something designed to fit in a bucket from the home center stores? Maybe a modular color coded stacking unit style so it's easier to keep the different configurations of their products organized?

#7 hyzakite

hyzakite

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:51 AM

I noticed on my ferrules one is hollow all the way through after poking through with a smaller rod, the other ferrule is hollow down to 2 1/2" then solid, maybe it's glue, now i have to drill it out or it will bug me the rest of my lifePosted Image

#8 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:00 AM

I noticed on my ferrules one is hollow all the way through after poking through with a smaller rod, the other ferrule is hollow down to 2 1/2" then solid, maybe it's glue, now i have to drill it out or it will bug me the rest of my lifePosted Image

I like to bug people, it is hollow and that is glue...... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 hyzakite

hyzakite

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:16 AM

I like to bug people, it is hollow and that is glue...... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Yes, I got it out about 1 1/2" of grayish/blueish/greenish glue, still sticky,, you did well glasshopaPosted Image

#10 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

as i always said before the advantage 1.5 frame that rev used for their indoor. cut down to a 1.5 SLE specs is the best for flying in little to no wind flights.some might agree and some will dissagree but if im gonna add my 2 cents on this subject i would like to see rev do a frame set like that one for the 1.5 or b series style kites ive had my advantage frame set for my 1.5 ghost custom solid white since i got it 3 years ago and i love the setup its so amazing that i can fly this kite in 0 to 1 mph wind with very little effort .. people come up to me and wonder how i fly it with no wind..this is why
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#11 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

as i always said before the advantage 1.5 frame that rev used for their indoor. cut down to a 1.5 SLE specs is the best for flying in little to no wind flights.some might agree and some will dissagree but if im gonna add my 2 cents on this subject i would like to see rev do a frame set like that one for the 1.5 or b series style kites ive had my advantage frame set for my 1.5 ghost custom solid white since i got it 3 years ago and i love the setup its so amazing that i can fly this kite in 0 to 1 mph wind with very little effort .. people come up to me and wonder how i fly it with no wind..this is why

Ant no problem in making this, but you only get about 10 sticks per mandrel because of how they need to be pulled so they need to be replaced often, so per set of sticks I'd have to charge lots of money but if you want them I'll make them for you just put up your money and I'll make it happen..... Also in truth light wind
flying is more technique than any thing else so as a maker and designer of Revolution kites I'd have to disagree and in truth IF you are flying in no wind outside of
"Zen" flying as a person who has put on thousands of hours on the kite and been in the wind/ smoke tunnels I'd have to say you have just have gotten very good
in light wind conditions....... So as it being the rods believe in what you will to keep flying, and if you want the supper skinnies made I'm more than willing just
contact me and I'll have some stainless steel mandrels made up and will make these rods for you but for the rest of us I'll keep what is both affordable and correct
for the kite.... Also when I changed the indoor rods this was done for many reasons relating to wing loading and such and even more important I got the opinions
of the ten of the very best indoor fliers and worked with them to see what worked.... Then let me run this by you the rods your speaking of were made with a
150 weight straights with 150 weight 90's carbon fiber and they were 2 wrap, which in truth is more fragile, flexible and heavy than the standard Race rod
of today which is 90 weight straights with a 70 weight 90's and it is a 3 wrap which lets you have tons of reflex and are very durable and indeed weighs less than
the cut down supper skinny. My friend it's not the weight of the kite for if you search around you'll see Joe H. indeed flying the 2.4 indoors which is both huge
and heavy but he is using techniques and inertia to keep this kite flying........ Ben Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

very useful info my friend as always. this is why i put this out here i do have alot of hours on this setup and it has been a very good one for me.. you say you have a more affordable method well ill stick to that as you are the pros at makeing these frames work for us. i just never hear any talk of these rods so i put it out here to see what other fliers think.. to see if im not alone with this.at the time i tried it as a gamble that paid me well.. 3 years latewr i still love this setup but im always up for trying new things ..i have tried the zen and i love it ..they had race frames in them at the time but they were really sweet kites to fly..the zen is on my TO GET list..thanks for the info as always brother..as things are looking my setup is classic now but hey nothing wrong with that.. you are right about weight mabir ive been missing something,, you saw it quicker then i did
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users