2048 replies to this topic

#1641 --Pete

--Pete

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:13 AM

You don't need to read the whole thread unless you want to. Just read new posts if your interested, and occasionally read the first post on the first page of the thread -- it gets edited and updated periodically to include all new Revs posted here.

As to searching by country, I don't see any way to do that. In the "Advanced Search" you could type in a list of authors that you know to be from Japan, and search for any posts they have made in the Topic "Global Rev Count".

Edited by --Pete, 01 January 2011 - 05:21 AM.

--Pete
(sesquipedalian man)

#1642 hyzakite

hyzakite

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:47 PM

I bought my first Rev in June 2010 it is a Rev EXP it is still in the package. I also have a Rev 1.5 SLE and 2 Rev 1.5 SLE Vented's, the other 16 Rev's I just put in the Gallery, so put me down for 20 Revs.

Mike

#1643 sirrom

sirrom

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:56 PM

Was able to get out today and fly my newest rev Vented Bazzer Eyes with the new Green Race rods, winds at 8-12 mph :blue-grin:

1-1-2011 Vented Bazzer Eyes (6).JPG 1-1-2011 Vented Bazzer Eyes (2).JPG 1-1-2011 Vented Bazzer Eyes (3).JPG

Was clear, cold and a good first day of the year :blue-cool:
BRETT
(Formerly sirrom2000)
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#1644 windpoacher

windpoacher

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

Was able to get out today and fly my newest rev Vented Bazzer Eyes with the new Green Race rods, winds at 8-12 mph Posted Image

1-1-2011 Vented Bazzer Eyes (6).JPG 1-1-2011 Vented Bazzer Eyes (2).JPG 1-1-2011 Vented Bazzer Eyes (3).JPG

Was clear, cold and a good first day of the year Posted Image

Excellent kite !!! I LOVE IT !!! great pic's
Is that the park on stewart ?
If so DARN IT, I was their from 10:00 till 1:00
It was a great, first day of the year...
We need to meet up and fly together !!??
..........................W I N D P O A C H E R..........................
...........................thank god for wind..........................
............................thank him often..........................

#1645 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:38 PM

Sirrom 2000 - Looking good!!! :w00t: JB took some pics at our Delta fly, he's gonna edit and create a show!! :) Should be up soon!!:) See ya on the beach!!!!:lol:

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#1646 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:45 AM

kwmf - does that put hyzakite's total this year over yours??!! Posted Image 20 kites since June??!! Holy Moley!!! :kid_smartass: I am seriously jealous of that!!! :kid_cussing:

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#1647 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:13 PM

Pictures and receipts ... or it never happenedPosted Image

#1648 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:24 PM

Are we down to proof of purchase, now??!! Posted Image

wayne from portland

AKA member

#1649 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:47 PM

Gotta defend my title mate Posted Image

#1650 Scott_of_melnsct

Scott_of_melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:39 AM

Pictures and receipts ... or it never happenedPosted Image

The pics went into the gallery days ago, and with or without money changing hands, ownership happens. Sorry, you tried hard, but at the end, you got sniped. Not to worry, it's a new year...start sending in the orders now, I'm sure Ben and Lolly will gladly help you regain your title.
Scott A Koenig
Founding member: Tennessee Wind Militia
"We muster to fly at a moment's notice"

#1651 hyzakite

hyzakite

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:55 AM

The pics went into the gallery days ago, and with or without money changing hands, ownership happens. Sorry, you tried hard, but at the end, you got sniped. Not to worry, it's a new year...start sending in the orders now, I'm sure Ben and Lolly will gladly help you regain your title.

Now guys take it easy, I waited until 2011 to add a few of my revs as not to take any titles away in 2010, so officially in 2010 i only had 11 revs revealed.

I see kwmf as the clear winner for 2010.

Mike

#1652 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:11 AM

That makes the picture clear as mud!!!:kid_devlish:

wayne from portland

AKA member

#1653 louiedogg03

louiedogg03

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

Update mine count to 5!!
Louie Tiberio

#1654 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:10 PM

I see kwmf as the clear winner for 2010.

What a gentleman...

I'll let you have it this year, I'm slowing down a whole lot .... or at least thats the plan anyway. I can only think of 5 at most that I would potentially get and most of that depends on how the B-2 turns out. No Pro series for me yet, at my skill level the cost vs gain just isn't justified - I think the money would be better spend on a trip over to the USA to spend time with people that can teach me to fly better.

#1655 Scott_of_melnsct

Scott_of_melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:37 AM

I think the money would be better spend on a trip over to the USA to spend time with people that can teach me to fly better.

excellent idea! When shall we expect you? Next weekend is the Treasure Island kite festival...always a good turnout of Rev flyers there.
Scott A Koenig
Founding member: Tennessee Wind Militia
"We muster to fly at a moment's notice"

#1656 ahofer

ahofer

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:39 AM

I acquired my first rev in July. The Twisted I got for Xmas made 10. Should get some sort of award for speed. Granted, I have three sons who like to fly with me, occasionally all at once.
When I was young, my bologna had a first name. Now my bodywash has an "Objective".

#1657 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:16 AM

excellent idea! When shall we expect you? Next weekend is the Treasure Island kite festival...always a good turnout of Rev flyers there.

No such luck, but it is an idea I'm SERIOUSLY considering.

I can fly a rev without crashing, hover in a pretty confined space, do inverted hovers and slides, etc ... so I think I just need to spend time with someone hands on to convey all those things that can't be picked up from videos and text. I'm guessing that those little things will provide masses of 'lightbulb moments' and seriously accelerate my abilities and also unlock the ability for me to learn easier from video and text.

The exchange rate makes life a bit tough and I may be a bit limited on weight to bring all the Revs I may need, although I suspect I might be able to borrow some for learning purposes. On the bright side, I have a valid tourist visa from my 2009 trip so I wouldn't have to go through that process all over again.

Any suggestions on kite events where I'm not going to battle for transport and acommodation and won't get charged the earth for it?

#1658 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:18 AM

Granted, I have three sons who like to fly with me, occasionally all at once.

Thats the reason for my extra set of B series revs - I want to fly with my girlfriend Posted Image

#1659 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:45 AM

WSIKF. We had a good rate at the place we stayed for the week and if you are going to come over for a festival you might as well make it a nice big one like this is.

You'll learn lots for sure. Can't help but absorb all sorts of knowledge at this event. Easily doubled my skill being there.

Bart

No such luck, but it is an idea I'm SERIOUSLY considering.

I can fly a rev without crashing, hover in a pretty confined space, do inverted hovers and slides, etc ... so I think I just need to spend time with someone hands on to convey all those things that can't be picked up from videos and text. I'm guessing that those little things will provide masses of 'lightbulb moments' and seriously accelerate my abilities and also unlock the ability for me to learn easier from video and text.

The exchange rate makes life a bit tough and I may be a bit limited on weight to bring all the Revs I may need, although I suspect I might be able to borrow some for learning purposes. On the bright side, I have a valid tourist visa from my 2009 trip so I wouldn't have to go through that process all over again.

Any suggestions on kite events where I'm not going to battle for transport and acommodation and won't get charged the earth for it?

#1660 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:24 AM

Greetings Murayama-san!

Welcome to the Rev forum, our warmest greetings to you and the rest of the Aile/Nest family! :)

You are the first Japanese flier counted here far as I know, not including Takako who is of course now in the USA with me.

Glad to have you with us, sincerely, welcome. :)

==

Updated totals:

aile_mt - +7 (7)**
flyinken - +1
kwmf - +3 (13)

2,378 Revs between 265 pilots!

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users