Global Rev Count.

• Please log in to reply
2035 replies to this topic

#1541 Kite.Whisperer

Kite.Whisperer
  • Forum Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

4 might be all you want to cover the wind ranges....

Parish the thought Baloo, what about those times that you just gotta have it, you know,, The Need For Speed! :w00t: Have to have that Super Sonic or Shock Wave, maybe even that original Blast. Then there are those days that you just need a real "pick me up" tail dragging just a little too much so you get out the 4~8 stack and give your arms a stretch. :devil: Let's just face it, we want and need them all. Now if only I could convince my bank account of that.:blue-confused:
Peace of mind is only as far away as the next flying field.

Rev it up!

Brett W
Milwaukee, WI.

#1542 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:06 PM

Oh goodness I have just thought.

Please add One for me, how could I forget the Zen. :blue-love:

So that is only 17 for me at the moment. :kid_devlish:

#1543 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:10 PM

Parish the thought Baloo, what about those times that you just gotta have it, you know,, The Need For Speed! :w00t: Have to have that Super Sonic or Shock Wave, maybe even that original Blast. Then there are those days that you just need a real "pick me up" tail dragging just a little too much so you get out the 4~8 stack and give your arms a stretch. :devil: Let's just face it, we want and need them all. Now if only I could convince my bank account of that.:blue-confused:

I was trying to piont out what we want and what we need are different things.

We all WANT enough (3) to fly in most winds. (5 if you add a SUL and Indoor)

We all NEED at least 2 of each Rev, and 2 ses of Rods for each, with 2 linsets for each length. We NEED 2 of each just in case One breaks, heck, lets make it 3 of each, just in case we have a REAL bad Day. Or of course we might need to lend a couple of each out to get others hooked on "The Dark Side"

#1544 Scott_of_melnsct

Scott_of_melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:19 AM

We all NEED at least 2 of each Rev, and 2 ses of Rods for each, with 2 linsets for each length. We NEED 2 of each just in case One breaks, heck, lets make it 3 of each, just in case we have a REAL bad Day. Or of course we might need to lend a couple of each out to get others hooked on "The Dark Side"

This gives me an idea. We need a "used rev lot". You know, surrounded by lines with a bunch of triangle (or Rev shaped) pennants hanging from them, where a guy with loud plaid pants and a cheesy mustache tries to talk you into that barely torn kite with the cracked leading edge "but it handles like the day it left the factory"
Scott A Koenig
Founding member: Tennessee Wind Militia
"We muster to fly at a moment's notice"

#1545 Dano

Dano

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:11 PM

I think this makes 6.0 Revs for me now. Posted Image

My new Rev 1. I just love that red lettering...

Attached Thumbnails

• Rev1.JPG

#1546 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:53 PM

I think this makes 6.0 Revs for me now. Posted Image

My new Rev 1. I just love that red lettering...

That is a new one on me. Very, Very Nice!
I never saw or heard of a white, blue that had a Red logo.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#1547 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:16 PM

The red logo on a REV I Classic is quite rare! The only time I recall seeing it was a "Rising Sun" REV I, destine for Japan and I vaguely recall someone posting a photo of another REV I with a red logo. I seem to recall it was all black.

If you can tell us a bit more about your REV I, I can tell you fairly close to when it was made.
Does it have "Patent Pending" or a patent number on it?
Does it have metal end caps with rubber caps over them or does it have plastic end caps?
Is the bridle set for equal length lines or lines upper and lower lines of different lengths of about 7 inches.

International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

#1548 Dano

Dano

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:31 PM

patent pending, and a #, red lettering on a black patch.
Plastic end caps like i've seen on all my others.
bottom tow point about 1", top tow points about 7"long, probably about 200# bridle line.
Big blue bag looks like an 8' dualie would fit in it, with a mesh line pocket on the bottom of bag.
SLE , and 1/4" veticals. Gold "revolution equipped" rods..

Thanks John.

#1549 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:57 PM

patent pending, and a #, red lettering on a black patch.
Plastic end caps like i've seen on all my others.
bottom tow point about 1", top tow points about 7"long, probably about 200# bridle line.
Big blue bag looks like an 8' dualie would fit in it, with a mesh line pocket on the bottom of bag.
SLE , and 1/4" veticals. Gold "revolution equipped" rods..

Thanks John.

This one appears to have been modified from it's original manufactured state.
Details of some manufacturing changes in 1991 and 1992:
- Patent Pending was changed to the patent number in 1991.
- End caps were changed from metal to plastic in 1992.
- bridle changed from two different length lines to equal length lines in 1992. The first had swivels for attaching lines.
- bag is obviously from another kite. The original was blue but only around 42-45" long with a draw string.
- 1/4 inch LE rods changed from outer metal ferrules to inner ferrule in 1992.
- SLE rods where first produced in 1997.

In summary the sail was made between 1989 and 1991. Several changes appear to have been made after the original manufacturing of the rest of the REV.

#1550 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:59 PM

What ever happened to the original poster of this topic, Fraser?

#1551 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

I was trying to piont out what we want and what we need are different things.

We all WANT enough (3) to fly in most winds. (5 if you add a SUL and Indoor)

Either you have toooo much cash laying around or you are hopelessly in debt!!:bones: Between my son and I, we have 4 Revs, a I, II, a 1.5 vented, and if you count it a Backtracker! Only have a couple of linesets and only one extra LE. If you have extra cash would love to have more kites, rods, and lines!!:devil: Did you hit the lottery???Posted Image Just adding to the count!!!

Edited by stroke victim, 28 June 2010 - 10:34 PM.

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#1552 BillLamm

BillLamm

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:33 PM

that is an average, He isn't taking into consideration that some people have lots of kites. There are some people I've never seen the same kite twice. Or some that change kites every hour. As far as I'm conserned, four is a very good number;one indoor, one full-vent, one mid-vent, one full-sail. And if you don't like flying indoor three is enough.

I know.. honestly I would love to have a full or mid vent and an indoor to round out my flying fun... but dreaming is always fun.... :D

You and your blast in Kenosha!!! my wife is still hiding the check book from me :kid_brooding:
Bill Lamm
Posted Image

#1553 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:52 PM

I know.. honestly I would love to have a full or mid vent and an indoor to round out my flying fun... but dreaming is always fun.... :D

You and your blast in Kenosha!!! my wife is still hiding the check book from me :kid_brooding:

Wouldn't we all like to have more stuff???Posted ImagePosted Image I've got a I ,1.5 vented!!:blue_wink: Want more rods (frames), more linesets, a Zen, Maybe a full sail B! More gear !!!;) We can dream can't we??:kid_brooding:

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#1554 sirrom

sirrom

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:43 PM

I just added another B-Pro Full Vent Custom Colors

That Makes 5 total

IMG_3334.JPG
BRETT
(Formerly sirrom2000)
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#1555 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:16 AM

What ever happened to the original poster of this topic, Fraser?

Ta-dah! :)

Actually, I'm sitting here stunned that it's nearly two years since the Portsmouth/Bristol jamboree when I got to meet so many of you! Two years! :blink: Where on earth does time go.... eh?

Edited by Fraser, 04 July 2010 - 12:23 AM.

#1556 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:27 AM

Hay, Fraser, good to hear from you again I was beginning to think that either you had fallen of the radar for good or you had been taken for someone else and got locked up in one of those places you build. :kid_smartass:
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#1557 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

Actually, I'm sitting here stunned that it's nearly two years since the Portsmouth/Bristol jamboree when I got to meet so many of you! Two years! :blink: Where on earth does time go.... eh?

Welcome back Fraser.

#1558 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:45 AM

Will you be at WSIKF (or however it is spelt) in August for the next serious attempt on large format team flying <grins>

Since it was 1993 when I first suggested the possibility of the format, things are moving very quickly now.

Felix

#1559 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:45 AM

Please don't frighten him off again Felix, we've only just got him back again. On second thoughts scrub that you won't frighten Fraser he comes from tat scary purple place, beyond .The North
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#1560 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:49 PM

Please don't frighten him off again Felix, we've only just got him back again. On second thoughts scrub that you won't frighten Fraser he comes from tat scary purple place, beyond .The North

Hey, since when did I frighten anyone? That is not my role, not even in respect of 'The North'. <grin>

Felix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users