5 replies to this topic

#1 Adam

Adam

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:39 AM

I was carrying my ever growing collection of Revs out to the flying fields, and also lugging lawn chairs, coolers, cameras, and other impliment of destruction. It had become a bit of a burden, and many of the kites were being left behind.

I bought an old golf hand cart on e-bay, attached a bucket, and viola, a much easier way to cary the kites out to the field. Of course I can always sling ghe bag over my shoulder, and leave the cart behind, but the cart is very convenient.

Adam:sign_kitelife:

Kte Cart.jpg

VOILA!
"It was the wind Captain"

#2 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:56 AM

You can carry a viola on that??? Posted Image lol!!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#3 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:57 AM

You can carry a viola on that??? Posted Image lol!!!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image smartie hehe

Cool idea Adam! Hand cart like that is nice and cheap too.

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#4 --Pete

--Pete

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:05 PM

I got a thing called a 'beach cart' from Amazon. It has a low shelf to put a cooler on, and a mesh bag suspended from a hoop for all the kite and equipment bags, and a wide hook to carry folding chairs. Big wheels for sand (tilted back and towed), and a couple of small casters to make for easy wheeling when you are on hard surfaces. Not quite cheap, but not exorbitant, either.
--Pete
(sesquipedalian man)

#5 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:19 AM

Adam,
I'm on a similar rig, (golf-cart, liner and bucket) now. It holds my fold-up cane/3 legged seat, a sport lawn umbrella, tarps, ground pegs, a handful of rev mini banners, my coffee cup clips onto the handle as well as the cooler my misses backed up, (filled with love and sandwiches, plus a totally stuffed Rev bag). There are pockets a plenty on the bucket liner and nothing falls out of 'em or is any of it overly awkward during loading, use or transportation. FLAWS? Yes, a couple, It's tough to pull through really soft sand, but at least it's not all on my back. It would not support the weight of the battery pack/Bose sound system.

We have the fat inflated tire fold-up dolley (that the show-kiters love so much out on the sand), it's too much of area hog in my vehicles, but sweet to use. I guess I could get a guy to weld on a tow-hitch attachment so I could be outside the vehicle we drove up in.

I've owned a couple of wagons also. Big ole hunks that held thousand pound load ratings, but they were like loading a mini-car into your vehicle. You had to put 'em in first (empty or you couldn't lift it yourself) and then build around them with all the other crap you wanted to transport. Outrageous!, I want to grab what I need and leave the rest of it behind, not unload every single stinkin' item each time I approach that wagon. In it's defense, it doubled as a love seat and comfortable back cushion after unloading, had a slick cooler shelf hung out the back, sported 16" tires and wooden side rails. You could attach 20 foot banners to it without sticking a stake into the ground (washington monument grounds). Effortlessly carried the Bose sound system/battery pack and big load of other kite related stuff, tables and club signage, you name it. I hurt just thinkin' about those darn days! Harold Ames broke my wood side-railed wagon + three kites in a single afternoon, ... I still miss flying with my friend Kitesquid. I finally just gave him the darn thing, he has a two car double deep garage. The next door neighbors got the other wagon (landscaping model) and store it at grandmom's until we need it.

Barbara carries several fold-up stacking crates & a fold-up wheeled shopping cart everywhere she goes, even in her daily commuter (it's a Civic). Yes and a cooler is in the trunk tool, gotta' love a farmer's market shopper, at least we eat well!

We have been thru almost all the carts and wagon choices over the years. Except for that fold-up aluminum garden transporter with monster tall/thin tires (Barbara wants one of those next!). Maybe we can tie it onto the roof rack securely until it's needed?

#6 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:09 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image smartie hehe

Cool idea Adam! Hand cart like that is nice and cheap too.

Couldn't help myself!!!!! Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users