It was an awesome day of flying.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NCREVR

NCREVR
  • Forum Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:26 PM

Ok so me and some flyers were supposed to meet up in Louisburg to fly today but things happen and we couldn't meet up and fly. So I get in my truck with the wife and head out to a park that I wanted to go to for a long time now. I get there and what do I see but a kiteboarder. He said he used to fly Revs and that it was identical to flying a Rev. I go over to look at his setup. It looked like the Rev handles were on steriods hooked to a 6m flexifoil bohemeth. Can you guess what happens next....... You're right he let me fly it, that thing pulled me around the park like I was nothing. So now I'm home and sore, all in all it was blast... Yes I also flew my Rev too... It was not neglected today. 4 hours of wind and sun... Yeah baby.

Oh and here is a pic before I took the handles.....

Posted Image

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

#2 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

Ok so me and some flyers were supposed to meet up in Louisburg to fly today but things happen and we couldn't meet up and fly. So I get in my truck with the wife and head out to a park that I wanted to go to for a long time now. I get there and what do I see but a kiteboarder. He said he used to fly Revs and that it was identical to flying a Rev. I go over to look at his setup. It looked like the Rev handles were on steriods hooked to a 6m flexifoil bohemeth. Can you guess what happens next....... You're right he let me fly it, that thing pulled me around the park like I was nothing. So now I'm home and sore, all in all it was blast... Yes I also flew my Rev too... It was not neglected today. 4 hours of wind and sun... Yeah baby.

Oh and here is a pic before I took the handles.....

Any day when kites and sun get together is a good day...... Ben

Posted Image

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Attached Thumbnails

• P1010979.JPG

#3 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:35 AM

The Flexifoil Rage 3.5m was my first kite as an adult .... can't say any Flexi I own or have flown are anything like a Rev, but as long as you had fun who cares :blue-cool:

Since we're sharing, here are my 2 main (non Rev) power kites ...

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0048.JPG
  • IMG_0031.JPG

#4 windpoacher

windpoacher

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:57 PM

gotta love those flexifoil's !!!!! ncrevr.... probably got your exercise for a year!!! in that one day!!! thank's for sharing...;)
..........................W I N D P O A C H E R..........................
...........................thank god for wind..........................
............................thank him often..........................

#5 Khal

Khal

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:40 AM

My first quad was a Flexifoil Sting. I still love that kite. Too small to really drag you around much, but really agile. More of a stunter than a power kite. It could spin, back up, fly inverted, etc. with a bit of practice. While the controls are fundamentally similar to a Rev, I didn't find that the skills transferred directly.
Brian

Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users