1 reply to this topic

#1 Windbag

Windbag

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:36 PM

We drove up from Coos Bay to Lincoln City in the rain on Friday. The farther north we got the more it was raining. Saturday morning the rain had stopped and the pavement was drying in the RV park. So down to the D River Wayside and it's calm. There was a guy with 2 foot long red balloons that he was weaving together. I asked & he said he was making a kite. He'd never heard of a kite made from balloons but he was going to make it & get it to fly. When I stopped for lunch at 1 PM he had the kite about 4' wide and was still working on it. About 2:30 PM I looked up & his creation was flying at least 50' above our heads.
Lincoln City Kite Fest 111008 Red Balloon kite 800.jpg

After lunch the winds picked up nicely to 6+ MPH. By 2:30 the announcer was saying there would be a Rev megafly forming at 3:00 PM. We ended up with 22 Rev flyers including Iquad & Island Quad. John Barresi called many routines for vertical & horizontal team moves but the follow with 22 fliers was the most fun. It was only at the end of our 20 minute routine that a couple of kites got tangled & fell from the sky.

The final wrap up was Team Iquad performing one of their superb routines to music from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. A nice day of flying on the Oregon Coast. Here is a link to Iquad's final performance of the day.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mB20-ocbkwY

It's 10:00 PM as I post this and it's raining big drops. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for being able to fly in the morning.
Have fun, Ray.

#2 SkyHook

SkyHook
  • Forum Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

Ray,

Great video

It was good meeting you Saturday.

Bruce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users