38 replies to this topic

#1 Madquad

Madquad

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:36 AM

Please reply on this topic to find out who really wants to come to/can confirm the Scheveningen Megafly 2012.
The festival will be 22 an 23 September 2012

- Team AIR4CE (5)..confirmed
- Decorators (3) ..confirmed ..probably 8
- The Flying Squad (6) .. confirmed..probably 8 or 12
- Team Fusion (5) ...confirmed.. probably 6
- Team4Mation ?
- The Crazy Drivers ?
- Team4Fun (8) ...confirmed
- Ephemere ?
- Team Bolau ?
- Team Mistral ?
- Imagina ?
- FLIC ?
- IQuad ?
- 180Go! ?
- Too Much Fun ?
- Lousticks ?

(i must forgot a lot of teams...please come up with more entries)

Total: 27 confirmed

No discussion the skilled individual pilots are invited too !! so please reply too......

It's not the size of your Rev.. its how you use it.
Seven days without flying a Rev makes one weak.

http://www.air-4-ce.nl

batch-air4ce.jpg?w=230&h=230

#2 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:40 AM

Please reply on this topic to find out who really wants to come to the Scheveningen Megafly 2012.

- Team AIR4CE (4)
- Decs 6 so far but probably 8 [EDIT]

#3 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:16 AM

Please reply on this topic to find out who really wants to come to/can confirm the Scheveningen Megafly 2012.

<snip>

Hi Marc,

Thanks for confirming the dates. Do you think that it would be possible to have 1 or 2 warm-up days ahead of the actual festival?

Felix

#4 Madquad

Madquad

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:50 AM

Hi Marc,

Thanks for confirming the dates. Do you think that it would be possible to have 1 or 2 warm-up days ahead of the actual festival?

Felix

I think that would be perfect !
And possible too.

#5 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:14 AM

<snip>

Les Lousticks from France are missing from your list.

I do not know if they are on the forum so I will e-mail them.

It would be a good idea to make sure that the Japanese teams are aware of the plans...

Felix

#6 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:47 AM

I'd have to, regrettably, miss this one. I can't save the money for that far a trip in a year's time. Hard enough to get to WSIKF on a budget. Maybe 2013 somewhere closer for another attempt if done.

Bart

#7 Madquad

Madquad

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:54 AM

It would be a good idea to make sure that the Japanese teams are aware of the plans...

Felix

May i please ask you to contact them Felix ? , so i can put them on the list.
(You know...my Japanese is not as good as yours Posted Image)

#8 Vince

Vince

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:01 PM

Please reply on this topic to find out who really wants to come to the Scheveningen Megafly 2012.

- Team AIR4CE (4)
- Decs 3 so far but probably 8 [EDIT]

Marc can you Please add Fusion (5)
Vince

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Madquad

Madquad

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:21 PM

Marc can you Please add Fusion (5)

I Knew it Vince Posted Image , you're all more than welcome !

#10 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

snip ...

Total: 11 confirmed

There are more teams listed here: http://www.revkites....s-and-contacts/
and I am sure there are more who are not on the list.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#11 Madquad

Madquad

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

There are more teams listed here: http://www.revkites....s-and-contacts/
and I am sure there are more who are not on the list.

Thanks John

#12 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:56 PM

May i please ask you to contact them Felix ? , so i can put them on the list.
(You know...my Japanese is not as good as yours Posted Image)

Marc,

I asked Mr. Modegi to let them know. I will look up the e-mail addresses tomorrow...

Felix

#13 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:17 PM

I'd have to, regrettably, miss this one. I can't save the money for that far a trip in a year's time. Hard enough to get to WSIKF on a budget. Maybe 2013 somewhere closer for another attempt if done.

Bart

Hey Bart,

Please do not write this event off your schedule.

Please do assess what the figures really would be in order for you to manage to attend.

I do not have access to funds but please do keep the date/option open.

Thanks

Felix

#14 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:03 PM

Marc,

I asked Mr. Modegi to let them know. I will look up the e-mail addresses tomorrow...

Felix

Felix,

For all the teams in Japan, I am aware of, you can find my last known email addresses for them at this thread on the forum: http://www.revkites....s-and-contacts/
As always, replace AT with @.

John

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#15 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:38 PM

I'm interested (but it may be tough to attend). It's a bit far out for me to commit (both time and funding) and I'd need to work on travel arrangements. More difficult than the travel arrangements will be convincing my better half that I need to travel across the pond for my hobby, presumably without her as it's during the school year and someone has to make sure the children get to school. Even so, it may be possible to get her permission. For example - this year, I convinced my wife that the family summer vacation needed to be in Washington . . . the same week as WSIKF. Some of the greatest fun I've had in the last year was participating in the group flying and 36 Rev grid at WSIKF 2011, since I don't get to do that nearly as often as I'd like in this area.

I know you don't have to worry about the flying experience of the invited teams, but I imagine that you'll be trying some moves that may be tough for less experienced individuals. Even though it's a year away, it would be good for the organizers to post a list of the moves you intend to include in the routine - especially if some are not the "standard" grid flying (threads, ball, etc.). Then we'll know (as individuals) what's expected and determine what we need to learn to be "qualified" for the event. Individuals can also practice the moves with others when time / festivals / club fly events permit. While teams already know the calls & skills required, individuals may not. It would be great if teams that are planning to attend can nuture some interested individuals into gaining the skills needed and therefore increase the likelihood they'd participate.

I'm assuming I'd need to know the following basic moves for participation in a large group fly: threading up/down/left/right, holding any position in a ball, and ability to fly Benefits and Radar (and probably a host of other moves) in a grid. I'd assume the skills required of me to participate include basic competence with hovering upright/inverted/left/right, controlled flight speed forward & backwards, and turning 90 or 180 degrees (ideally from any attitude) without losing position in the sky. Also required - the ability to hold position at the edge of the window (including while inverted) and the ability to slide up/down/left/right and inverted left/right. Finally, simply understanding how to get into position for a grid fly. It's not that difficult, but obviously it's better if you've done it before so you know where the leaders want you to stand and what that position will mean for the kite when the call is for things like a ball.

In the meantime . . . I'll just keep flying and watching the threads. Wish I could get more time with fellow Rev fliers in good winds . . . .

ike_member.png and 180GO-100.png

#16 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:08 PM

I'm interested (but it may be tough to attend). It's a bit far out for me to commit (both time and funding) and I'd need to work on travel arrangements. More difficult than the travel arrangements will be convincing my better half that I need to travel across the pond for my hobby, presumably without her as it's during the school year and someone has to make sure the children get to school. Even so, it may be possible to get her permission. For example - this year, I convinced my wife that the family summer vacation needed to be in Washington . . . the same week as WSIKF. Some of the greatest fun I've had in the last year was participating in the group flying and 36 Rev grid at WSIKF 2011, since I don't get to do that nearly as often as I'd like in this area.

I know you don't have to worry about the flying experience of the invited teams, but I imagine that you'll be trying some moves that may be tough for less experienced individuals. Even though it's a year away, it would be good for the organizers to post a list of the moves you intend to include in the routine - especially if some are not the "standard" grid flying (threads, ball, etc.). Then we'll know (as individuals) what's expected and determine what we need to learn to be "qualified" for the event. Individuals can also practice the moves with others when time / festivals / club fly events permit. While teams already know the calls & skills required, individuals may not. It would be great if teams that are planning to attend can nuture some interested individuals into gaining the skills needed and therefore increase the likelihood they'd participate.

I'm assuming I'd need to know the following basic moves for participation in a large group fly: threading up/down/left/right, holding any position in a ball, and ability to fly Benefits and Radar (and probably a host of other moves) in a grid. I'd assume the skills required of me to participate include basic competence with hovering upright/inverted/left/right, controlled flight speed forward & backwards, and turning 90 or 180 degrees (ideally from any attitude) without losing position in the sky. Also required - the ability to hold position at the edge of the window (including while inverted) and the ability to slide up/down/left/right and inverted left/right. Finally, simply understanding how to get into position for a grid fly. It's not that difficult, but obviously it's better if you've done it before so you know where the leaders want you to stand and what that position will mean for the kite when the call is for things like a ball.

In the meantime . . . I'll just keep flying and watching the threads. Wish I could get more time with fellow Rev fliers in good winds . . . .

This sounds so familiar to me...

Bart

#17 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:59 AM

This sounds so familiar to me...

Bart

Yeah . . . . I read your notes/blog/thread entries from WSIKF 2010 before I decided to show up at WSIKF 2011 :). I spent lots of time flying in the spring just to get ready for WSIKF, since I've only been flying for a little over a year (and it had been much less than a year when I decided we'd go to WSIKF). I went to WSIKF specifically to get into a mega fly, and to get to fly with a lot of other people at the same time. I do get to enjoy flying with others when IKE has a club fly, but that's not as often as I'd like.

#18 JasonOsteo

JasonOsteo

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:47 AM

I'm in.Posted Image
People are like Slinkys. Basically useless but fun to watch falling down stairs.

#19 Mike

Mike

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:58 AM

Unless 180GO! gets a sugar daddy, I don't think the team will make it.
If it wasn't during the school year, I'd bring the family (one of whom is on 180GO!), but they are all teachers.
I might come as an individual and combine it with some sightseeing, but I can't confirm this far ahead.
Mike Kory:
Posted Image and Posted Image

#20 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:47 AM

Unless 180GO! gets a sugar daddy, I don't think the team will make it.
If it wasn't during the school year, I'd bring the family (one of whom is on 180GO!), but they are all teachers.
I might come as an individual and combine it with some sightseeing, but I can't confirm this far ahead.

How about a bake sale? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users