27 replies to this topic

#21 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

You'll have to find something to clip the carabiner to, like a small piece of luggage, or maybe even a park bench or small branch low on a bush. Once you do, you can open up the carabiner, run your lines handle-side through it, and clip it closed so your handles stay put while you setup your Rev.

Posted Image

Posted Image carabiners come in super-handy.

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#22 Khal

Khal

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:18 PM

You'll have to find something to clip the carabiner to, like a small piece of luggage, or maybe even a park bench or small branch low on a bush. Once you do, you can open up the carabiner, run your lines handle-side through it, and clip it closed so your handles stay put while you setup your Rev.

Gotcha. Thanks. Should have been obvious I guess.

I'm so used to moving my stake around all over the field as I need it that it didn't occur to me to attach the 'biner to some (relatively) fixed object.
Brian

Posted Image Posted Image

#23 vimbokite

vimbokite
  • Forum Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

I used to cramp a Rev B Std in my normal luggage. Unfortunately I didn't take the rods out so as I arrived home my Rev had a nice round hole in its sail (as from a hole punch) :blink:
Since then, on flights I travel with my Rev B 2 :wub: ... satisfying for vacation and very handy, fitting perfectly in my backpack ...

http://data7.blog.de...553b9e32_m.jpeg

#24 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:37 PM

Thought I would add my 2 cents with my recent travel. Southwest airlines had no problem with the Revolution Kite Bag as a carry on. I put the kite stakes (I had about a dozen stakes on my return trip!) in the checked bag. Kites, line-sets, handles, spars were all in the kite bag. I just made like I knew what I was doing, and did not ask any questions about whether it was OK or not. Technically the Rev bag is not approved, it does not "fit" in the box used to check bag size on the concourse. It does fit with room to spare in the overhead bins on both the 737-300 and 737-700 aircraft Southwest flies.

Be courteous and diplomatic if anyone questions you about the bag, and if the flight crew objects, be REALLY diplomatic and ask if it would be possible to have it placed in the coat closet for the flight. (this last bit is from JB)
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#25 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

Posted Image

Nice one.

Not exactly, "thinking outside the box", more "thinking outside the bag".
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#26 Cody G

Cody G
  • Forum Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

This is another option for ditching the kite stake if you are traveling somewhere with sand/snow. Basically, fill it with sand or bury it and clip into the ring with a carabiner. I'm going to give it a shot and see how it works. 

anchor.jpg

http://www.rei.com/p...nd-tent-anchors

Alternatively, though it requires a little digging, you can use a stick or a blunt rod to make a deadman, again attaching a carabiner to a piece of cord.

deadman.jpg tent-with-Deadman.jpg

http://gearjunkie.co...repair-tips?pg=

#27 sammy

sammy

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

I just hide them in my pants, nobody ever questions me! 

RABBI שמואל aka SAMMY

TEAM REV RIDERS! LETS RIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#28 pond44

pond44
  • Forum Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

I just hide them in my pants, nobody ever questions me! 

That could turn-out to be painful, Ow!

"The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas".ani_idea.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users