Photo
- - - - -

Headed To Play With Our English Friends, UK here I come...

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:18 PM

That looks pretty iconic to me!

Ben in Greenwich at the EDIT 'Royal' Naval College no less. The Royal Observatory is at the top of the hill in the background.

Felix

Ben - Glad that you are getting to enjoy London & flying in many cool places. Wish I could have come to Portsmouth to meet you since I missed meeting you at WSIKF!

The Royal Observatory is awesome, especially if you've read Longitude (or know a bit of history).

ike_member.png and 180GO-100.png

#42 Maggie

Maggie

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:44 PM

"Later, we realised that the same van was patrolling the Royal Naval College and later 'again' the streets of Greenwich..." Felix

Attached Thumbnails

• Ben + Canary Wharf.jpg
  • Ben packing up.jpg

#43 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:23 AM

"Later, we realised that the same van was patrolling the Royal Naval College and later 'again' the streets of Greenwich..." Felix

Today we went to 'The Monument' which relates to the big fire in 1666 after the plague of 1665 (as I recall???) when victims were buried in plague pits on Blackheath where we flew yesterday...

We travelled on to 'Big' Ben which is not the tower and clock but the name of the Bell which sounds the hour. We arrived at 12 Noon so had the full call.

We walked round the Parliament buildings to view the Rodin sculpture in Victoria Gardens and then walked back via the Moore sculpture on the green before going into Westminster Abbey.

We spent about an hour in the Abbey before getting a quick coffee and getting back to Liverpool Street via the Circle Line for a quick bite before getting on the bus back to Hackney Road...

Curry at Al-Amin on Mare Street to follow <grins>

Felix

#44 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:27 PM

Today we went to 'The Monument' which relates to the big fire in 1666 after the plague of 1665 (as I recall???) when victims were buried in plague pits on Blackheath where we flew yesterday...

We travelled on to 'Big' Ben which is not the tower and clock but the name of the Bell which sounds the hour. We arrived at 12 Noon so had the full call.

We walked round the Parliament buildings to view the Rodin sculpture in Victoria Gardens and then walked back via the Moore sculpture on the green before going into Westminster Abbey.

We spent about an hour in the Abbey before getting a quick coffee and getting back to Liverpool Street via the Circle Line for a quick bite before getting on the bus back to Hackney Road...

Curry at Al-Amin on Mare Street to follow <grins>

Felix

Nice update Felix :) Thank you! T

#45 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:01 AM

What he said...... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• P1010233.JPG

#46 dazlarsen

dazlarsen

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:57 AM

Hey Ben
Glad your having a good time mate.It was a pleasure to meet you last weekend,your a first class guy.Enjoy the rest of your stay and have a very safe journey home

All the best
Daz
All the best

Daz

#47 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:17 PM

Well I'm at Bristol and can finally post some photos of Portsmouth that me and Dr. Moody took, as you
can see I'm in good company there and to tell the truth I really had a great time.....Posted Image First I'd like
to thank the Blooms for putting up with me, and all the teams which included the Decs, Flying Squad,
Bolau and Fussion for doing more than there part.....Posted Image Also a big thank you to Carl and Chris for
flying Carls new masterpieces and making it really work, so enjoy cause it's time for me to get ready
to work / have fun in another place..... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• P1000748.JPG
  • P1000774.JPG
  • P1000811.JPG
  • P1000819.JPG
  • P1000864.JPG
  • P1000938.JPG
  • P1000982.JPG

#48 Murph

Murph

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:00 PM

Ben, great to see you out and about in THAT London ...enjoying the sights etc., ...yeah those local bobbies do seem to be keeping an eye on you, I wonder did they get a tip off Posted Image

Have a good one at Bristol too.

BTW Simon, Stephen or Gary ...Any chance of TFS smuggling Ben over to Dublin for next weekends kiting Shindig?! Posted Image

Chris

#49 Stephen Hoath

Stephen Hoath

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:53 PM

BTW Simon, Stephen or Gary ...Any chance of TFS smuggling Ben over to Dublin for next weekends kiting Shindig?! Posted Image

Chris

Chris, Gary doesn't like to share his Guiness so we have kept the whole thing quite. I bet Ben doesn't even know we're coming!

See you soon.

Stephen Hoath

<a href="http://www.baidesign.net" rel="nofollow">Bai Design</a>

cappalatte-150x90.jpg

#50 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:08 AM

Well as I wind down here in London to get ready to come home I must admit I'm really very sad I
just feel as if I'm leaving somewhere where many of my friends live...... I know I'll be back but still
I like the Family here and it's seems as if they in turn like me.......Posted Image I'd really like to thank everyone
for helping to make this a very good trip and putting up with me..... The one person I'd really like to
thank is Felix of the Decs cause he was just top notch as always and as we all know I can be a bit much,
but he was a trooper and went well beyond the normal.... I've had the chance to travel the world with
Revolution kites and and to spread the message of " Family " cause folks thats really what we are a Family who no matter what love this sport and give of ourselves each time we go out there, so with
that said lets all spend a minute to just be thankful of each other and the four strings that keep us
together..... Ben (your brother)Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#51 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:19 AM

Well as I wind down here in London to get ready to come home <snip> Ben (your brother)Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Ben,

Something tells me you have enjoyed your visit. <grins>

Glad to have been able to help with some of the travel arrangements.

Safe journey home...

Felix

#52 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:23 AM

Well I'm home and as you can see I'm at it cause truth be told I'm missing London and all my English
friends.....Posted Image Plus with the help of Maggie who took these photos I just wanted to share, it really was a
great trip and I had loads of fun and was able to just sort of relax between events and sort of see the sights
which is a plus for me....Posted Image So enjoy and remember, " I'll be back ".......... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• P9031519.JPG
  • P9041648.JPG
  • P9031502.JPG
  • P8311476.JPG
  • P8311447.jpg

#53 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:04 AM

<snip>
sort of see the sights which is a plus for me.... So enjoy and remember, " I'll be back ".......... Ben

Wandering around Westminster Abbey was interesting. I was probably last there 40 years ago...

Ben did wonder about flying in the Cloisters but adhered reverentially to the 'No Photography' rule...

Felix

#54 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:24 AM

Wandering around Westminster Abbey was interesting. I was probably last there 40 years ago...

Felix

You must have been a toddler then.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#55 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:28 AM

You must have been a toddler then.

Thank you John, but sadly not...

Felix

#56 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 03:35 PM

Great photos, glad you're having fun Ben! :)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#57 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:56 PM

Hello Ben and the "Gang across the pond"....

Looks like you all had beautiful weather and a great time!!!

Ben, glad you're home ...safe and sound (sound????? hmmmmm.... safe, anyway) ;) joking... of course!

See you in a couple weeks.

xoxo
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#58 Maggie

Maggie

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:04 PM

Hi Ben,
Glad you are home safely. Was great to meet you and such fun to take pics of you 'urban flying'.
I have a fantastic memento of your visit, my Rev 2 vented from the auction in Portsmouth.
Take care
Maggie

#59 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:06 PM

Hi Ben,
Glad you are home safely. Was great to meet you and such fun to take pics of you 'urban flying'.
I have a fantastic memento of your visit, my Rev 2 vented from the auction in Portsmouth.
Take care
Maggie

Thanks for all you do my friend and remember you always have a friend to visit in San Diego...... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#60 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:01 PM

Was good to shake your hand again at Portsmouth Ben, sorry I didnt make it to Bristol.

Looks like you had a great time while you were over here. Looking forward to the next time I meet you allready.

Stay safe, stay well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users