Photo
- - - - -

Headed To Play With Our English Friends, UK here I come...

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 makatakam

makatakam

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:35 PM

It was a delight to see the big man again although I was saddened that he is still in pain. In the photo Ben is enjoying an unusual bit of sunshine in the company of two of the Strip Lynchets, Sanja and myself.

During the festival we all stay at a place called Rees Hall which during term time is student accommodation. The breakfasts are good, but the beds are appallingly uncomfortable! So as I lay there at 0300 this morning, with a spring sticking in my back, I was thinking. It's a big old world and as we sit here on opposite sides of the Atlantic separated by a common language. I think we sometimes concentrate on our differences rather than the common ground, or at least I do; not least of late Chinese kites. It seems there are different points of view that are so opposed I suspect we will struggle to find agreement and closure. It's no secret that Ben and my view is not the same, and I was expecting him to pick an argument with me at some point over the weekend. So I was totally disarmed and touched when he gave me a lovely set of custom handles, which are on the sofa besides me now. I wonder if we would be better off concentrating on the common ground: We all love flying kites in good company, and that we should therefore respect and be bigger than our differing points of view? No arguing, no bullying, no rubbing it in, just kite flying? I like to think that was what Mr Dantonio was trying to make me understand with his gift.

We did a bit of a megafly. No record was set (there were 30 or 40 flyers, I didn't count) but IMHO the coordination was the best I have had the honour of taking part in. It all seemed to gel , not least thanks to the leadership of the callers. We had Scottish, Spanish, French, English and probably other nationalities of flyers taking part - again I wasn't noting the nationalities down as it didn't seem to matter. I wonder if any American or Canadian flyers maybe able to join us again next year...........

Here, here. I raise my pint to you!!! :big_beer:
Mark

Posted Image

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go."
CSN&Y

#22 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:26 PM

So well put! So true!

Thanks for the sweet words of wisdom! ...You, now and always have, impressed me! Posted Image Just wish you lived on this side of the pond ~ Hopefully I'll get to your side someday!

I'll add my wild applause to Jeremy's sentiments. :-)
David Hathaway, Revisionist
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

#23 Jonesey

Jonesey

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:29 PM

Oh for gods sake .. don't you lot all start being nice to Jeremy he'll be even more unbearable Posted Image

Personally I was just glad to see Ben so I could 'sell' him a couple of my homemade rev rip offs .. that and the look of fear in my kids eyes when he threatened to build a carbon framed cage to put them in if they didn't behave ... what a good idea!

Havent been near a rev since Easter and the last couple of days reminded me why we do it .... like minded people from different cultures out in the 'fresh' (or torrential) air doing something they love doing ... or as my wife said last night we behave like its a family get together .. not a bad analogy?

Sundays mega fly for those with 15 minutes to waste

#24 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:50 AM

Just yesterday Jonesey was sat in his tent, Buddha like, chuntering on about the 'bloody foreigners' and saying 'family' is a typically Seppo (sic) concept. But now he's praising a festival for it's multiculturalism and waxing lyrical about feeling part of the rev family. :confused!: :kid_devlish: ;)

When you handed ever the kites Jonesey, didn't Ben say something about being surprised Hampshire had finally produced such a talented kite maker?
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#25 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:12 AM

Well just got in to London for a bit of street flying and visiting and taking in the sights....Posted Image Portsmouth was good and the weather was England but not to worry just hang out and it will change....Posted Image What has'nt
changed is the people who I hold near and dear to my heart and rather than be to nice I'll just say " thank

you one and all for a great time".....Posted Image So I'm going to get some sleep but I'll be back soon with some
more of " Wheres Ben, he's lost in England..... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#26 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:21 AM

Opps forgot these..... Ben

Attached Thumbnails

• P1000823.JPG
  • P1000831.JPG
  • P1000864.JPG

#27 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:03 AM

Well just got in to London

<snip>

So I'm going to get some sleep but I'll be back soon with some
more of " Wheres Ben, he's lost in England..... Ben

Don't worry. Ben will not get lost really.

The 48 Bus will get him to London Bridge in about 10 minutes with Tower of London, Tower Bridge and St Paul's Cathedral all in close proximity.

Felix

#28 david ellison

david ellison

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:09 AM

Just to proove that Mr Moody made it

Posted Image

#29 Yrna

Yrna

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:00 PM

Oh for gods sake .. don't you lot all start being nice to Jeremy he'll be even more unbearable Posted Image

Yeah... what Jonesey said!

But it was so fantastic seeing and flying with everyone again. Shame about those who couldn't make it and lets hope they can for next year. Ben seemed like such a nice guy I'm almost thinking it would be nice to meet some more of the people from across the pond ... Do bear in mind it's true what Jeremy said about the beds in the Halls, so don't book there if you have a dodgy back. I think I'll definitely be camping next year!

#30 andelscott

andelscott

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:09 PM

I missed out on the French, Essex and Dunstable teams, but captured a few representative images at:
http://www.revkites....album&album=568
Andy

#31 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:01 AM

Just to proove that Mr Moody made it

Plus he was really nice on this trip but he still has cold hands......Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Ben

Posted Image

#32 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:08 AM

Plus he was really nice on this trip but he still has cold hands......

How was the City of London today?

Felix

#33 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:05 AM

Dateline : London, England

Alas, Ben is still having issues posting from his hotel (my monkey trouble shooting says, hotel internet is kinda funky) so, we get pictures from Ben with captions by a monkey again!

It's been said many times by many people that Ben doesn't know if he's coming or going. In the shot below, he's got his 1.5 straddled on the Greenwich Mean Time dividing line, so, now, he's BOTH AT ONCE! :D

P1010287.JPG

And below, Ben is seen "conferring" with the local constables. Note there are no handcuffs, at least in this shot. Given tensions in the EU of late (for a myriad of reasons) they took a little exception to Ben flying the GMT line, however I will point out, that they are all smiles in this picture. Well done Ben! :-)

P1010296.JPG
David Hathaway, Revisionist
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

#34 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:41 AM

Well as always Monk you are spot on as they say around here cause I am without handcuffs and as
always I come I go but you just never know...... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#35 Maggie

Maggie

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:55 AM

Hi Ben,
Glad you had a bit of urban flying today, and didn't get into too much trouble!!! For me this is an experiment in adding a picture - hope it works OK
Maggie

Attached Thumbnails

• Ben in Greenwich.jpg

#36 Maggie

Maggie

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:33 PM

Hi Ben,
And another! Hope this one works too!!! More fun tomorrow!!
Maggie

Attached Thumbnails

• Ben, before the cops arrived.jpg

#37 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:36 PM

Thanks Maggie you made me look good..... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#38 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:52 PM

Hi Ben,
Glad you had a bit of urban flying today, and didn't get into too much trouble!!! For me this is an experiment in adding a picture - hope it works OK
Maggie

That looks pretty iconic to me!

Ben in Greenwich at the EDIT 'Royal' Naval College no less. The Royal Observatory is at the top of the hill in the background.

Felix

#39 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:59 PM

Dateline : London, England

<snip>

And below, Ben is seen "conferring" with the local constables. Note there are no handcuffs, at least in this shot. Given tensions in the EU of late (for a myriad of reasons) they took a little exception to Ben flying the GMT line, however I will point out, that they are all smiles in this picture. Well done Ben! :-)

Later, we realised that the same van was patrolling the Royal Naval College and later 'again' the streets of Greenwich...

Felix

#40 Jynx

Jynx

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Location:West Allis (Milwaukee) WI ...and... New Smyrna Beach FL winters

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:37 PM

Well as always Monk you are spot on as they say around here cause I am without handcuffs and as
always I come I go but you just never know...... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Except for the mink-lined ones...in your suitcase!!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power,

then there will be peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users