Where next?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 marstonrev

marstonrev
  • Forum Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:59 AM

Hi all, I've really got the rev bug. I've just mastered the basics on my EXP. And feel I would like more speed and a bit more precission.Any advice as to which model to go for next would be gratefully received.

#2 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:23 AM

get the be series or 1.5 and also depending on the winds you get in your area youll want the right kite for it

moderate to heavy winds 1.5 or b series vented
light to normal winds.. 1.5 or b series
super light winds.. 1.5 sul or indoor

after you get these down go with the speed series(shock wave supersonic) those kites rock man
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#3 marstonrev

marstonrev
  • Forum Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:32 AM

Thanks, winds here in southwest UK are moderate so not vented should be ok. is there a great deal of difference between the entry level EXP and the 1.5 in terms of precission? Can anybody reccommmend a good UK dealer for the b series or 1.5.

#4 wufer

wufer

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:00 AM

marstonrev.

try kiteworld.co.uk for your revs.

thy seem to be the best i have found.
the only trouble is, if thy dont have what you want ,you have to wait till thy get it from rev in USA,
but from what you say your next buy should be a 1.5 b series
i dont have one myself but Everybody is raving about em so thy must be good.
oh by the way, hope you have a good bank balance,like us all, your going to need it.

anyway try kiteworld, thy should sort you out.

Derek

#5 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:16 AM

Yep - Wufer beat to saying KiteWorld. I sound like I'm on commision for them or something, but they have been really helpful to this newbie. Saying that, I was dashed on the rocks of despair yesterday when - to my amazement - I found myself on the phone to them, ordering a Blast!

I was amazed because I thought I had managed to put such mad notions to the back of my mind - having only been Rev-ing for a couple of months...

I was in despair because they didn't have any and it'll be "a few weeks" :o until they do.

Oh well. (Sigh)

#6 Mike

Mike

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:59 AM

Thanks, winds here in southwest UK are moderate so not vented should be ok. is there a great deal of difference between the entry level EXP and the 1.5 in terms of precission? Can anybody reccommmend a good UK dealer for the b series or 1.5.

In moderate winds, a vented kite with 2 wrap spars will give a slower more precise kite.
For a fast kite, with less precision, try a Rev II or a Supersonic.
Mike Kory:
Posted Image and Posted Image

#7 Harrier

Harrier

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:18 AM

"Thanks, winds here in southwest UK are moderate so not vented should be ok."

I have spent a fair while in that part of the world, if you want to fly more than once or twice a month outside you need some mesh and not just along the LE. :D

http://www.metoffice...gland/wind.html

#8 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:31 AM

For the last year or so I've been flying my vented with 2 wrap, 3 wrap and 4 wrap frame. It's like having 3 different kites for the price of 1-1/2, I don't think you really need to change the down spars (even though I do) with a 2 wrap total frame I've been able to fly my vented in pretty much ultra-light conditions as long as what little wind is steady, and the venting helps really make the kite very precise as well as less pull in higher winds.

I have yet to try a B series so I cant tell you about that, but if I were to have 1 kite that was to be variable in function I would go with a vented with multiple weight leading edges. (and you can also swap rods around just make sure they are marked) so you know what they are later.

Example - 3 wrap center 2 wrap outers, 4wrap center 3 wrap outers (my fav) and so on mix and match experiment until you find what fits your way of flying.

Of course I went the hard way and purchased about 30 Rev's to find this out :blink:

Hope that helps, Jim
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#9 clrizz

clrizz
  • Forum Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:43 AM

For the best of both worlds, get the B series vented! ;) I have the b standard, and LOVE it! I have also had the opportunity to fly the vented b several times, and will be getting one here shortly.

I have the 1.5 vented, and usually fly with a 2 wrap myself. But IMHO there is a noticeable difference when flying the b, it's just a more precise kite.
Posted Image

#10 Dave M

Dave M

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:20 AM

For the best of both worlds, get the B series vented! ;) I have the b standard, and LOVE it! I have also had the opportunity to fly the vented b several times, and will be getting one here shortly.

I have the 1.5 vented, and usually fly with a 2 wrap myself. But IMHO there is a noticeable difference when flying the b, it's just a more precise kite.

I do quite a lot of work for Kiteworld at festivals and behind the scenes so thought I would keep UK flyers updated

They will be doing a new order next week if there is anything unusual you require

A replinishment order of spares is on the list

We have about 5x B series left at the moment and a few more of the vented version.

Hopefully there will shortly be a special offer on rev bags to more closley match the
US price.

regards all

Dave Mitchell
Kiteworld

#11 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:17 PM

This is Ben and the B series is the way to go because the package gives you so much for alot of wind conditions and I agree that the vented is also a good tool to have in the bag but only you know what will work for you but I believe the B series is a real hard tool to beat and I've flown them all over the years................Ben

PS the best bet is to just get one of all of them :rolleyes:

#12 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:42 AM

I agree with Ben, I have both B's and although I sometimes fly my other Rev's I could leave them all at home.

Best for you, get the B series that you think will suit you best, or just get both at once then you are set up for EVERY wind you would ever want to fly in, the DVD is exellent as well.

Best for Rev, just get one of all of them, or more than one preferably.

#13 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:41 PM

haveing all the revs is good just get them one at a time so your not killing your bank roll
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#14 Quad KiT

Quad KiT

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:51 PM

I second Ben's last comment. Get them all!

And once you got them all get multiples of the same model!

And then after that get more of your favorite!

And then after that you are broke, but kite rich!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users