Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:18 PM

I'll be #7 Jim!

Bazzer

You are welcome to be #7 with us anytime, no matter how many of us there happen to be.

Warning! It could go something like this.

Count off!

1,,,,,2,,,,,,7 :confused!:
Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#42 MercFlyer

MercFlyer

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:42 AM

Hey CJ, I got my my inverted hover practicing the "gaininng ground in low wind technique". Fly to the top of the window and turn your kite inverted with a lot of brake and start walking forward, things move a little more slowly with the kite and I was able to finally feel it. I still need a lot of practice but I can hover inverted now.

#43 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:17 PM

Hey CJ, I got my my inverted hover practicing the "gaininng ground in low wind technique". Fly to the top of the window and turn your kite inverted with a lot of brake and start walking forward, things move a little more slowly with the kite and I was able to finally feel it. I still need a lot of practice but I can hover inverted now.

That sounds like a familiar learning curve. Put a little more 'brake' on to carry this forwards.

I like the idea of a competition 'in light winds' to see which flier can get furthest forwards...

Felix

#44 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

That sounds like a familiar learning curve. Put a little more 'brake' on to carry this forwards.

I like the idea of a competition 'in light winds' to see which flier can get furthest forwards...

Felix

I got a bit of a head start - I use 50# x 120' lines in low winds!!!Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users