3 replies to this topic

#1 MercFlyer

MercFlyer

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:36 AM

Got my new top leaders knotted up and on my handles, then I retied a couple knots so they were the same:pinch::D. Had two hours of nonstop flying in almost perfect wind to test my new settings:clap;, I tried a couple different knots till I could barely lift off and flew like that for awhile till I got tired of having to try to take off and went back a couple knots till everything was nice and easy.B) I can fly in reverse horizontally and kinda vertically across the window now and my inverted hovers actually hover :lol:. Very much looking forward to some team flying:rev_clockwork::rev_clockwork::rev_clockwork::rev_clockwork:, practicing the basics for that and dialing in my inverted hover are on the menu for now.:mf_party: Thanks again everyone on Sunday for letting some of your skills rub off on me, so much fun.

Wyatt

#2 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:38 PM

Yes, that inverted hover. I remember when I finally managed it for 5 seconds. Getting it is really the key to everything else I think.

Bart

#3 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:36 PM

It sounds realy stupid to make it so the kite will almost not take off when you launch, however it makes SO much difference to flying.

Glad you tried it and stuck with it, no problem backing it off a bit to make it easier to launch. I suggest you sped some time in the "step back quick pop" setting each time you fly, you will get more and more used to it. The only time I tend to set more forward is in very low wind, and I am sure most would say that is the wrong thing to do. However I am a very lazy flier and dont use my feet much.

#4 MercFlyer

MercFlyer

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:27 AM

The way the wind has been I usually have to do the step back qiuck pop to get the kite to get it in the air, the wind that day had died a little and it was getting to be way to much work to get into the air considering the wind that was still blowing. Too much wind for my exp yesterday:cat_censored:, hopefully better winds today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users