5 replies to this topic

#1 ilh

ilh

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:35 PM

My inlaws have a place on the Cape in Yarmouth Port, MA. Yesterday, I "discovered" a gorgeous, wild, natural, quiet little beach in Barnstable Harbor (end of Bone Hill Road). It has open water to the north, lowlands to the south, and thus should have decent winds for most directions. These photos were taken close to high tide, and space is pretty limited, but at low tide quite a bit of sandbar is exposed allowing for plenty of flying space.

Anyways, I thought I would share some photos:

rainbow_vent_barnstable.jpg
This is my custom vented 1.5, 2-wrap frame, in about 5mph wind (too low), flying with right hand, camera in left hand. This is looking toward the west toward Barnstable village.

1.5_barnstable.jpg
I switched to my 1.5 SLE with 2-wrap frame for the rest of the evening. This is looking to the north toward a lighthouse near the end of Sandy Neck.

barnstable_1.jpg
The view to the east.

--Lee

#2 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:35 PM

that looks alot like the ferry beach i fly at in capemay nj only 10 minutes from wildwood beach.. when the tides are low i can go there when the winds come from the west and have the bay breeze just like haveing the ocean breeze on the east side this beach is on the bay on the west side of the island i will get somw pics for you next time i go there
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#3 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:44 PM

There are a lot of good secluded places to fly down in that area, your lucky to find one it beats dodging tourists.

Looks like a great location as well lots of places to play in the water, Cape Cod is usually good for wind from any direction as most of it is slightly above sea level.

Nice Vented Rev, I like that, Good Luck
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#4 nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:23 PM

Awww, but dodging tourists can be fun, as "dodge" can be read as "terrorizing with low ground passes, and head and knee high hovers"... errm okay, maybe i'm just a wee bit evil... but i smile while i do it, so they don't mind.

#5 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:28 PM

Awww, but dodging tourists can be fun, as "dodge" can be read as "terrorizing with low ground passes, and head and knee high hovers"... errm okay, maybe i'm just a wee bit evil... but i smile while i do it, so they don't mind.

OK so I'm not the only sick SOB that thinks that way, OK I feel better now thanks.
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#6 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 02:24 AM

the death buzz is always a good one too .... thats great with my duallines .. a nice snap of the line and a loud buzz screams across the beach but for those up close it can be scary
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users