2 replies to this topic

#1 John F

John F

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:58 AM

On our way to the coast we are visiting our son in Truckee, CA. Dropped in at their new Rec Center. Beautiful new facility with 2 basketball courts. They have several hours of open gym every day. I went at 7AM for a couple of hours and had both courts to myself. The staff was friendly and as long as I didn't wipe out any bball players they were ok with me flying. If you are in that neighborhood give it a try. I suggest early morning. They open at 6AM.

Link http://tdrpd.com/rec_center.html

If a club were looking for a venue that would be a great one for a fly or competition.

We should develope a list of known kite friendly indoor venues on this forum. That always seems to be the biggest stumbling block to people starting indoor flying.

John

#2 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:21 AM

I'm in the Portland, Oregon area and found an indoor soccer arena that let's me in when there's no one around!! Posted ImageOnly a mile from the house!!! Posted Image My take on indoor - The wind is always the same, inside!!! Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#3 Scott_of_melnsct

Scott_of_melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

the Outer Banks YMCA in Kitty Hawk was very welcoming when I approached them about having an indoor fly there a few years ago. They gave us use of the gym for two hours for nothing, and gave each of us day passes to come back another day.
Scott A Koenig
Founding member: Tennessee Wind Militia
"We muster to fly at a moment's notice"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users