3 replies to this topic

#1 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

Hello out there to any southern NC / northern SC rev pilots! My wife has made plans for us to head to Kure Beach, NC (with her best friends from her high school days) at the end of July - from July 24th (afternoon) to July 28th (mid-day). So, in addition to my wife, I will have kids and a kite bag along for the ride . . . and I'm hoping to get in lots of flying time while we're there. Maybe I'll even get the kids to fly Revs with me some of the time :) - and if I'm doing really well, I'll create a few new dark side converts out of the other families. Am I trying to avoid spending all my time trapped "enjoying" time in a small beach house with three other families? No, that's not it at all well, yes I am . . . . and I'm really just looking forward to days of solid practice time in good winds.

Judging from Google maps satellite pictures, I'll have lots of beach to use for flying. If anyone has recommendations for good flying spots there, or knows where and when I can meet up with other Rev flyers, feel free to let me know. I won't have a rental car, so I'll be a bit at the mercy of our hosts as far as transportation goes (I can probably borrow a car some of the time). Worst case, I might rent a car. It's also possible we may go to other beaches while down there but I don't believe we have any plans yet besides "go to the beach"which translates for me to "fly kites" as much as possible.

Update . . . I may have a rental car after all, and therefore some more flexibility in location. If anyone is in the area at the time, feel free to reply or PM me if you are interested in flying Monday - Thursday. Thanks.

ike_member.png and 180GO-100.png

#2 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:42 PM

Enjoyed a week at the beach. Did not meet up with any other rev flyers during the week, but I was joined by someone with a "trainer" power kite for an afternoon. I was reminded of how much I've forgotten about dual line flying when I flew his kite. I had him fly one of my revs for a while . . . so maybe we'll have another convert in the future.

On a separate (flying) note, the beach in town is pretty narrow & somewhat crowded. Depending on the wind direction, I was either standing in the water or dodging people (or both) most of the week while flying on 120s. At the south end of the main road through the town of Kure Beach, there is a is much wider (and less busy) beach between Ft. Fisher and the NC Aquarium that is a better place to fly.

#3 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:10 PM

Sounds like you had fun....... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:58 AM

Sounds like you had fun....... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I did, I had a GREAT time - lots of flying and fun. I just could not get enough . . . until WSIKF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users