22 replies to this topic

#21 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:49 AM

I would like to practice on short lines (15' and 30') during the evening when i can get a break from the heat. Lately, the evening winds have been fairly strong and gusty. If I were to fly on my usual lines (75'), I'd be using the vented Rev.

Do vented Revs work well for street flying?

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#22 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

I don't know about street - but I've absolutley had the vented B-1.5 and B-2 on 30' lines (as well as 20') without any issues (other than a smaller window).

I did run some 5, 8 and 12 lengths about 8 months to a year ago in my attempt to develop some street skills in the park opposite my place in low wind - but with gusts coming from random directions in a full 360 I gave that location up and focused on other skills. It is something I will revisit again sometime soon

#23 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

I don't know about street - but I've absolutley had the vented B-1.5 and B-2 on 30' lines (as well as 20') without any issues (other than a smaller window).

I did run some 5, 8 and 12 lengths about 8 months to a year ago in my attempt to develop some street skills in the park opposite my place in low wind - but with gusts coming from random directions in a full 360 I gave that location up and focused on other skills. It is something I will revisit again sometime soon

Thanks for the reply ;)

I was watching a bunch of Rev flying vids and noticed I didn't see one street or short-line performance with a vented Rev. Figured I'd ask before i try it, as I usually only bring out the short lines when there is low low wind.

The basketball court I'll be flying at has conditions like the ones you describe at the park you were flying at.
I would love to fly on the 75' during the evening/night, but the city I live in is super broke and they will only turn on the stadium lights if you have gone through the trouble of paying for a permit. And then, they will only keep them on until 9:30 PM, so stadium lights aren't shining into houses when people are trying to sleep.
The lights over the basketball courts, however, are 40' high and will stay on 24/7, they are motion activated and turn on as needed! However, wind conditions here are all over the place. I'm hoping a vented Rev will smooth out some of the windy direction changes.

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users