b-series midvent with race rods my new favorite kite

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jose

jose
  • Forum Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:59 PM

Always flew my b series std with race rods and my mid vent with 3 wraps, but last week while flyin with rich, steve, and al @ lsp we switched from std to mid vent and rich suggest i put the race rods on it and the kite flew so nice and smooth it was a noticeable difference...i went to lsp today and the wind was probably 5mph @ the low and maybe 10mph @ high but i took out the midvent had a blast with it, a lot of movin around to load the sail and gain ground but i can say that the midvent is my new favorite kite..now i need to get me another set of race rods for my std..cant wait to get back out..
if you ain't flyin', u ain't tryin'

#2 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:17 PM

Hi Jose....

Awesome!!!

It's a great combo.

See you out there, soon.

Take care.
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#3 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:03 PM

Sounds good to me, I have a custom set that I keep Race Rods in all the time, then I have a set of B's with various rods whice are always in the car. I am very tempted to swap round and put the custom Race Rod Revs in the Car as I do love them all with RRs in them.

#4 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:21 PM

I think I've tried Race Rods in every sail, including my older Rev 1, that I own!!! Race Rods ROCK!!! Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#5 Timeout

Timeout
  • Forum Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

I fly Race Rods in all of my kites except 1, that is the Full Vent which has 4 wrap in it, if it is blowing hard enough for me to pull out the full vent it has to be 20 plus. I now fly the Green Race (Rich Rods) frames. I feel that they are a little more stiff and still light. My favorite is the Elliot Shook 75% Mesh with Green race Frame. This is between a Mid and Full Vent. If the winds pick up, change kites from Solid to Mid to Full. I recommend the race frame. The 2 wrap Professional frame is a not stiff enough for me.

When team flying, you have to fly with like equipment. So, yes I will fly a 3 wrap on solid sail in 8 to 10mph or Mid Vent on 12 plus. But if solo or just having fun, I will be on a Race.

I will be up at LSP for Ro's event in July. Come and fly OPK from my bag...Posted Image
Posted ImageKeep the wind at your back

Fly Mesh. Fly Team. Fly 2.

Original Member of Wings Over Washington Kite Club

#6 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:52 AM

Thanks for the offer partner!
Cocsa and I both intend to take you up on it. We are leavin' all of our crap at home and flying out of your kite bag for NJSKC.
Can I please lay claim to the 15 inch no-snags, a set of skybond 50# 120s, your full sail B-Series Pro w/ race rods & sissy sticks?

If it's okay with you, . . . . I'll bring my own bridles though <LOL!>
~ the "other paul"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users