35 replies to this topic

#21 --Pete

--Pete

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:47 AM

So what this event in the fall?? Whats the next event that everyone will be attending? I found out from work today, that I might be able to take more time off in July.. Can I come play with the big boys?? And girls, if there are any out there.

A useful resource on both the Rev Forums and on Kitelife is the Calendar, which you can see by clicking in the Navigation bar near the top of each page.

The Member Map (also both places) is useful as well; don't forget to enter your own location. (I even tried moving my location when attending a kite fest, but I don't think people check the maps for that purpose, so I probably won't keep up with that. Besides, it's too easy to forget to change it back to my home location.)
--Pete
(sesquipedalian man)

#22 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:12 AM

Hello all just got home and as I gear up thought I'd say, heck ya it was a great weekend and all the gear got
used, we went from mega vents on Saturday to Zens on Sunday and it all got used......Posted Image You know I can never say
enough about iQuad and Island Quad for all there tireless work and I'm here to tell you what they do is not easy by any means, plus they put up with me and for
that they should get a medal cause I can be well lets just say I have issues.....Posted Image This weekend was as always good for me but I did take a hard fall when I got
hit behind both knees by a log in light wind and right after that Bazzer went down hard, this can be tough some days but it's FUN.......Posted Image So all in all I'd have
to say we had a great time and as always my hat is off to all who work behind the scenes to make this a must do for anyone who's on this coast........ BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• P1000365.JPG
  • P1000403.JPG
  • P1000405.JPG
  • P1000415.JPG

#23 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:22 AM

It was good to see you again, Ben!! Posted Image Hope that log didn't take too big a toll on you!!! Posted Image See you soon!!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#24 mdilucca

mdilucca

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:37 AM

It was an awesome weekend indeed!! :kid_smartass:

Ben your friendship made the festival a complete fun as usual :wub:

Thanks so much to all the organizers of such an awesome event!!! :w00t:

Cheers
Mario

Cheers

Mario

Island_quad_logoSmall_50_zps817bf301.jpg

#25 terry w

terry w

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

Ditto on what Mario said :)
It certainly was a fabulous weekend, it was great to see the flyers and spectators enjoying themselves so much.
The sun was full on,the wind kept us guessing as it sometimes can do . Every thing from Zen to Extra Vent came out of the bag.
As always Ben your dedication to this sport is amazing and your generosity so greatly appreciated. Thank you
See you at WSKIF !!!!!!
Terry
ISLAND QUAD
Posted Image

#26 sirrom

sirrom

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:22 PM

It was fun to see everyone again
The weather was "GREAT" :P In a perfect world, Sunday could have doubled the wind speed up to 4mph B) But hey it was sunny the whole time and the people were great. This is one of the best places for me to fly.

06-24-2011 Lincoln City Festival (14).JPG 06-24-2011 Lincoln City Festival (22).JPG
BRETT
(Formerly sirrom2000)
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#27 FlyEmAll

FlyEmAll
  • Forum Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

Have to say it was one of the best weekends I've had flying. As a novice, I stayed outta the way for the most part, but sure did learn a lot. Many thanks indeed to Bruce, Brett, Bazzer, Wayne, and John for the kindness, fun, and knowledge. Some day I'll even get to actually meet Ben, instead of just watching his magic.
Hope to see y'all in August at WSIKF.

#28 SkyHook

SkyHook
  • Forum Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

I had a great time even though I only made it Friday and Sunday.

I really enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting and flying around several Rev flyers from all over.

The winds were a little light on Sunday but that just gave me more needed practice in light wind flying.

Bruce

#29 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:57 AM

I had a great time even though I only made it Friday and Sunday.

I really enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting and flying around several Rev flyers from all over.

The winds were a little light on Sunday but that just gave me more needed practice in light wind flying.

Bruce

We gotta go over there more often!!! SOOOOO NICEEEE!! Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#30 SkyHook

SkyHook
  • Forum Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:08 AM

We gotta go over there more often!!! SOOOOO NICEEEE!! Posted Image

This time of the year I always get to wishing I could live over there June to October.

Bruce

#31 windpoacher

windpoacher

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:07 AM

This time of the year I always get to wishing I could live over there June to October.

Bruce

YEAH!!!!! Me too!!!...................Let's do it!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
..........................W I N D P O A C H E R..........................
...........................thank god for wind..........................
............................thank him often..........................

#32 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:09 AM

So we agree!!! Posted Image OK, now who's won the lottery?? Posted Image

wayne from portland

AKA member

#33 windpoacher

windpoacher

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:35 AM

No !! Lottery!!!................I guess we will be sleeping on the beach!!! SORRY!! wife and kids!!
We will build a sand castle!!Posted Image
..........................W I N D P O A C H E R..........................
...........................thank god for wind..........................
............................thank him often..........................

#34 MercFlyer

MercFlyer

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:18 PM

I know of a house for rent in Yachats, only 50 miles south and we have some nice windy beaches too;). Otherwise hit me up if any of you go to LC and I'll try to make it up.:)

#35 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

I know of a house for rent in Yachats, only 50 miles south and we have some nice windy beaches too;). Otherwise hit me up if any of you go to LC and I'll try to make it up.:)

Unfortunately LC is already a 2 hour drive from Portland, and 50 more miles adds to time and gas!! I'll keep you posted when I go over there next!!! Posted Image

wayne from portland

AKA member

#36 SkyHook

SkyHook
  • Forum Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

We need that transporter.

Bruce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users