John B Kymera

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xC4RB0NxR3104Dx

xC4RB0NxR3104Dx
  • Forum Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

I know this technically doesn't have anything to do with revs, but I felt this forum appropriate due to the fact John Barresi made the kite.

If anyone is confused, John Barresi recently made a 2-line stunt kite called the kymera. Since my family managed to lose our entire bag of dualies (we're pretty sure they somehow managed to get left in the parking lot in at the wildwood festival) I now need a replacement 2-line kite. I have been very much enjoying my new B series rev, and I believed it to be destiny when I saw Barresi was making the Kymera.

That being said, the kite was supposed to be available in May of 2011, but is currently out of stock everywhere. So I have time to make a decision on whether or not I should get the kymera. That being said, has anyone flown it? If you have, I am interested in basic characteristics

1) is it more of a trick kite, or precision/ballet kite?

2)what wind range does it function the best at?

3) what other dualie (if you've flown any) would you compare it to?
KIRBY SHUFFLE!!!
^('.')^ (>'.')> <('.')> <('.'<) ^('.')^

#2 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:51 AM

We are still waiting to get ours. Not sure what has happened but it appears that the kite has dropped off the face of the earth. I haven't heard anyone that has one other than Joh's own prototype.

#3 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:22 PM

There were some delays with manufacturing, they've finally reached the states, shipments should be going out end of this month. :)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#4 xC4RB0NxR3104Dx

xC4RB0NxR3104Dx
  • Forum Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

There were some delays with manufacturing, they've finally reached the states, shipments should be going out end of this month. :)

I had thought about that, but I wasn't to sure it could actually happen. Anyway, I look forward to hearing all the great things about the kite ;)
KIRBY SHUFFLE!!!
^('.')^ (>'.')> <('.')> <('.'<) ^('.')^

#5 --Pete

--Pete

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:24 PM

Somewhere is a video of John wringing out a prototype (I think at Huntington Beach). You can SEE great things about that kite (and of course, the flyer!)
--Pete
(sesquipedalian man)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users