My son stole my Rev!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jonernie

Jonernie
  • Forum Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:16 AM

Well thanks to the guys at Dunstable Downs for getting me hooked!

Now they have another victim!

With my first flight lesson under my belt last weekend - I cant get my rev out of my head! I managed to sneak up in the week and with the knowledge that it was going to rain today went to the downs again yesterday for the afternoon/evening..

So after an hour on his Prism Quantum my son Charlie, 8, asked for a go on My new 1.5 SLE.

After a minute of standing behind him, guiding him, he brushed me off and that was it! He did better than my first time and now I appear to have lost my Rev!!

Ahh well it's fathers day next weekend so I'll be emptying his piggy bank and getting my self a vented B!!

Nobody me it would be this addictive!!

Here's some pics and a video of his first flight Charlies first Rev flight

Cheers all :-)

Jon

Anyone else suffered a similar fate?

#2 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:49 AM

Hah, serves you right for letting him have a go.

Looks pretty cool to me though.

I see another Father Son team in the future. :)

#3 Andrew Brown

Andrew Brown
  • Forum Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:06 AM

Jon,

Parallel story here... My son, also 8, stole my SLE and FORCED me to have to get a B-series. This worked out well as my wife would have had nothing to do with it if the idea came from me. The younger they are, the faster they tend to pick things up... I'm not sure how the winds are where you are, but Michigan winds are very light and variable. I went out and bought some light rods with a lot of flex to slow the kite down for him.

#4 --Pete

--Pete

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:39 AM

Andrew,

I expect that you fly at Lyon Twp Park in New Hudson. What days are active?

I have a permanent event every Sun., Mon, and Wed., which shoots down the "regular" days for local flying. Are there any other "active" days?
--Pete
(sesquipedalian man)

#5 Scott_of_melnsct

Scott_of_melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:05 AM

So after an hour on his Prism Quantum my son Charlie, 8, asked for a go on My new 1.5 SLE.

Yeah....we sold Laurel's Prism Quantum this past fall.
Scott A Koenig
Founding member: Tennessee Wind Militia
"We muster to fly at a moment's notice"

#6 cgregurich73

cgregurich73
  • Forum Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:25 AM

Jon,

Parallel story here... My son, also 8, stole my SLE and FORCED me to have to get a B-series. This worked out well as my wife would have had nothing to do with it if the idea came from me. The younger they are, the faster they tend to pick things up... I'm not sure how the winds are where you are, but Michigan winds are very light and variable. I went out and bought some light rods with a lot of flex to slow the kite down for him.

Yeah my daughter has started to take intrest in my rev 1.5. But the scary thing is so has my wife. If anyone wants to meet up and fly at lyon twn. Park I'm game lansing is only 45 mins away
My wife can't tell me to go fly a kite anymore..

#7 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:40 AM

Same story for me about 10 years ago, except that it was not my son, it was my wife, Lynn.

I guess most of you know how all that went. :lol:
Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#8 goestoeleven

goestoeleven

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:53 AM

Same story here on the kids and revs . . . bought the first one, and my son was flying better than me right away at 8 years old (9 now). My daughter also will fly sometimes, although not quite as much as my son. Only way to stay ahead of them . . . spend lots of time flying! :D

Of course, once your kids get hooked, of course your wife will understand that you "need" more than one of each kite . . . so you both can fly in the same wind. 2 regular, 2 vented, 2 SUL . . . and you'll need a couple matching line sets . . . and then the dual line kites won't leave the bag. Simply not having to be ground crew for my son on dual lines is enough of a reason to get him hooked on revs! The best Father's Day gift is actually spending time with the kids on something we both can enjoy.

Now I need to get outside - sunny, 65F - 70F, and looking a bit windy today!

ike_member.png and 180GO-100.png

#9 --Pete

--Pete

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:16 AM

... If anyone wants to meet up and fly at lyon twn. Park I'm game lansing is only 45 mins away

What I'm hoping for is a day of the week (besides Sun, Mon, Wed after 4) when available kite flyers usually meet at Lyon Twp Park. I can't always be sure I can come, but when I can, I would hope to see other flyers, who found the day available, flying there.

The only local (with a generous interpretation of 'local') general flying days I know about are Sun & Wed after 5 at Schoolcraft College and Mon after 5 at Lyon (all of which I can never get to because of permanent weekly engagements).
--Pete
(sesquipedalian man)

#10 Andrew Brown

Andrew Brown
  • Forum Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

Pete and Cgregurich73, I started a new thread for finding a time to fly in SE Mich.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users