beery blues

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 inkslinger

inkslinger
  • Forum Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:07 PM

B) : i only came across #140 lb Berry Blues , are these as strong as the #150lb Gold Spectrum , i have a Rev 1 for now , i was given the #200lb Gold Spectrum with my kit , i would like a good line set to use with 1.5 vented some day and my Rev 1, do they make any stronger lines.

#2 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:55 PM

Why do you need stronger line than 150# or 200# for a 1.5 Vented? The strongest line I've ever needed for a rev was 90# Lazer Pro Gold. (excluding the Rev Blast)

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:08 PM

watty is right 90# is all you will need for the 1 or 1.5 the lines you have is good for power foils or the rev blast
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#4 Quad KiT

Quad KiT

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:29 PM

But to answer your question.. yes they do make stronger lines... generally used for power foil kites.

#5 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:43 PM

In high winds, I do sometimes like to use 150# lines on both the Rev 1 and 1.5... It really mellows the kite out, makes precision easier, less jittery. ;)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#6 inkslinger

inkslinger
  • Forum Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:59 AM

will my order did not came complete when i order a complete kit online ,the lines were missing?? . but i was given the 200lb golds , i am still please!! with my kit , an here in MA the winds can be strong at times , so the 140lb Beery Blues would be fine to use on my Rev 1 and later a Rev 1.5 vented , EXP, or the Rev 2

#7 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:49 AM

Well to be honest I look at it like this 4 lines x 90# gives me 360# of insurance for my expensive kite, weighing 300lbs myself if a kite is moving me around the field loaded it's time to up my policy.

90# seems to be good up to 15 mph generally above that I'll switch to 150# if using the speed series (even the vented sonic) I'll go to 200# the line is stiffer and makes control a bit easier, 90# feel like elastics in higher wind.

I have 2 sets of Berry Blue they are decent line if flying single (no team) they consist of 140# uppers and 100# lower which is usually the configuration for foil type kites.

If you want to get rid of that 200# line set I'll buy them from you, they were 75ft I believe.
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#8 inkslinger

inkslinger
  • Forum Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 02:39 PM

hey fortflyer didn't see ya all week , i went monday, thurseday, sat. thoes 2 older guys were there on sat. {i don't know there name's} they were flying there rev's and another newbi who just got a rev2 had a little trouble getting it in the air, i also went sunday and i was glade i had the 200lb line , man it was windy!! , i think i threw my back out!! no i didn't want to get rid of my line set, i was just thinking of getting a secon line set to have extra for when i get any more rev's and i like the beery blues 140lb just wanted to make sure they would be all right for the rev1.5 in those windy days in New Bedford because it did give me a good workout today and the Rev Inc. suggest 150lb for the 1.5

#9 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:21 PM

john what wind speeds are you talking ???? 150# for the 1.5 or 1 in a 20+?? i just want to know so i can try it ;)
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#10 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:27 PM

hey fortflyer didn't see ya all week , i went monday, thurseday, sat. thoes 2 older guys were there on sat. {i don't know there name's} they were flying there rev's and another newbi who just got a rev2 had a little trouble getting it in the air, i also went sunday and i was glade i had the 200lb line , man it was windy!! , i think i threw my back out!! no i didn't want to get rid of my line set, i was just thinking of getting a secon line set to have extra for when i get any more rev's and i like the beery blues 140lb just wanted to make sure they would be all right for the rev1.5 in those windy days in New Bedford because it did give me a good workout today and the Rev Inc. suggest 150lb for the 1.5

I've been around all week, sometimes I fly down near the beach when I'm by myself which is why I said call me first then I would go up to the Fort.

Sat as well I was on the beach water dancing and Today (Sunday) is my birthday so my son and I went to Newport to hang out with Steve & Sue.

I surprisingly broke a brand new 200# line today on the Vented Sonic in 25 mph wind (couldn't believe it) so one never knows.

Call me before you come down and I'll either tell you where I am or just meet you at the Fort.
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users