New to rev flying

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cgregurich73

cgregurich73
  • Forum Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:31 AM

Helllo, Im chris from lansing MI, I have just purchased my first Rev. a b series night. I have been a active sport kite flyer and traction kiter for the last 2 yrs and in Nov. I occured a spinal injury that has pretty much stopped my active flying. A couple of weekends ago. My wife and I were at the Great lakes Kite Festival and I was able to try a B-series vented in major wind on that sunday it had hardly any pull and i learned i could fly with out jolting my back around. I thank Revolution for creating such wonderful kites that allow people who love this sport to continue to fly even if they are impaired. Also thanks to Iquad for showing these awsome kites at the festival.

Thank you,
Chris
My wife can't tell me to go fly a kite anymore..

#2 Jynx

Jynx

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Location:West Allis (Milwaukee) WI ...and... New Smyrna Beach FL winters

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:48 AM

Welcome to one of the best sporting families one could ask for!

WINDerFULL thoughts your way!

"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power,

then there will be peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#3 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:08 AM

Another flier back!!! I like to call it "Wind Therapy"!! Posted Image Welcome to the "Darkside"!!! Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#4 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:50 AM

there's a whole bunch of busted-up backs in the revolution family! We can compare scars or surgical techniques, . . . as well as sharing our kites and abilities.

#5 cgregurich73

cgregurich73
  • Forum Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:46 AM

there's a whole bunch of busted-up backs in the revolution family! We can compare scars or surgical techniques, . . . as well as sharing our kites and abilities.

Yeah im finding out that revs are more therapy...
My wife can't tell me to go fly a kite anymore..

#6 JasonOsteo

JasonOsteo

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:01 AM

Bad back? Well, if you would like to step into my clinic I will see what I can do......Posted Image
People are like Slinkys. Basically useless but fun to watch falling down stairs.

#7 --Pete

--Pete

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:01 AM

I've learned to manage my back since I wrecked it over 50 years ago (lifting a car out of a snowdrift - audible crunch). No serious problems for nearly two decades now. (One 5mg Valium - muscle relaxant - and 3 Ibuprofen at the first sign of tightening-up/spasms and GET OFF IT {bed or good fitting chair} for at least two hours.)

Kiting rarely bothered it and may have helped with strengthening the back muscles to avoid future problems.
--Pete
(sesquipedalian man)

#8 Andrew Brown

Andrew Brown
  • Forum Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:13 AM

Chris,

My son and I recently started Rev flying as well. We are over in Northville. I'd be up for meeting halfway if you want to fly sometime (Brighton? Howell?). By the way, there is the Lyon Kite Festival this weekend in the Milford/South Lyon area if you are interested. I believe it is hosted by Jon Trennepohl, so it will be heavy in dual line sport kite flying. He typically does a very good job with these events though. We are planning on attending. Let me know if you want to go and I'll find a way meet you.

Thanks,
Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users