No replies to this topic

#1 ahofer

ahofer

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:44 PM

I just submitted this to Kitemap, but here's a field near downtown Princeton. These are University fields, located between Washington and Lower Harrison streets, and divided by Tiger Lane (~N-S). On the Eastern, Washington side are the most used playing fields by the university. The Eastern "Back" field is used for club games and some youth soccer, but is well-mown and a great place to fly. The Western or upper field has some spare ~5" ground cover, except for the lush cross country course around it. The "back" and upper fields are both very flyable, but the back field is obviously a little more pleasant and has no line-tangle problems. I have now flown every point of the compass there, and you can definitely find smooth wind for each by moving away from the windward trees. This is walkable from my house, so a good find.

search "Tiger Lane, Princeton NJ" in Google maps

In these pics, wind out of the SW, which is the direction of the first PIC, then NE, then SE

Posted Image
IMAG0052 by aphofer, on Flickr

Posted Image
IMAG0053 by aphofer, on Flickr

Posted Image
IMAG0054 by aphofer, on Flickr

<http://maps.google.c...013776&t=h&z=17
When I was young, my bologna had a first name. Now my bodywash has an "Objective".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users