#1 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:13 PM

Argh...

North Las Vegas spring winds have finally kicked up enough to ground me. 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph....

While I normally don't enjoy flying in winds over 10 mph with dual line kites, I bought a 1.5 B Series a couple months ago, and I've got the Rev fever BIGTIME. I'm considering a full-vent Rev for days like today, when I'm staring at out the window wishing I was flying . As I browse prices for 1.5 vented, looks like the 1.5 SLE vented is about $90 cheaper than a B Series vented.

I've got about 80 hours flying time on my 1.5 B Series Night(color scheme), though I'm usually flying in 2-10 mph. In conditions like the ones described above, will I notice a difference in performance between the B Series and the SLE vented?

It would be nice to save the money, only because I won't need to bring the vented out too often. N. Las Vegas has more no-wind days than high-wind days, so the custom Zen will be on order first Posted Image

Thanks for your opinion!

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#2 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:58 AM

OK, This is a personal choice!! The "B" is the nicer design, but if you're only going to use it a few times a year, then you've got to justify the extra cost!! I'm sort of in the same boat, I've got a mid-vent "B" and a fully vented SLE, considering the winds and how much I get to use it, I'm ok with the SLE! Sure, I wish it was a "B", I like the way the mid-vent responds to my commands, but the SLE is more than serviceable!! Either way you can't go wrong!!!Posted ImagePosted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#3 Reef Runner

Reef Runner

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:06 AM

I'm no pro, but my first Rev, after a SLE, was a B-series full-vent. I now have about 8 revs, but so far, that full vent, is still my favorite Rev.

I can't really make the comparison, that you are wanting, as I do not have a SLE full vent, to compare to the B-series full vent,

BUT,

I do have a B-series standard sail, that I can compare to my SLE standard sail, and I think that all will agree, that the B-series, is the superior kite.

Based on this, I think you will find that comparison to be true, as well, on both the mid-vent, and the full vent, SLE vs. B-series. The B is just a superior kite.............IMHO

Good Luck with your decision Posted Image I know, decisions, decisions, decisions..................

($$$ considerations understood)

Sent from my regular old laptop, with real keys:

nick, from North Carolina
a.k.a. "Reef Runner"
Kitelife Subscriber #590

It's important to have as much fun as possible while we're here.
It balances out the times, when the minefield of life explodes.

J Buffett - "A Pirate Looks at Fifty"

#4 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:32 AM

I'm no pro, but my first Rev, after a SLE, was a B-series full-vent. I now have about 8 revs, but so far, that full vent, is still my favorite Rev.

I can't really make the comparison, that you are wanting, as I do not have a SLE full vent, to compare to the B-series full vent,

BUT,

I do have a B-series standard sail, that I can compare to my SLE standard sail, and I think that all will agree, that the B-series, is the superior kite.

Based on this, I think you will find that comparison to be true, as well, on both the mid-vent, and the full vent, SLE vs. B-series. The B is just a superior kite.............IMHO

Good Luck with your decision Posted Image I know, decisions, decisions, decisions..................

($$ considerations understood)

You've got 8!!!Posted ImageAnd you're complaining about me??!!Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#5 Reef Runner

Reef Runner

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:33 AM

You've got 8!!!Posted ImageAnd you're complaining about me??!!Posted Image

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!

Sent from my regular old laptop, with real keys:

nick, from North Carolina
a.k.a. "Reef Runner"
Kitelife Subscriber #590

It's important to have as much fun as possible while we're here.
It balances out the times, when the minefield of life explodes.

J Buffett - "A Pirate Looks at Fifty"

#6 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:38 AM

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!

Hey, you started this!!!!!!!Posted Image Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread!!Posted Image

wayne from portland

AKA member

#7 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:53 PM

Lol righteous replies, tough choice either way. Glad A Wind of Change kite shop will let me swap out SLE leading edge for 1/4" 4 wrap. I wish there was a color scheme that I had to have, or some other feature that would settle it, but I like all the color schemes!

Thanks again Posted Image

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users