15 replies to this topic

#1 Joe B

Joe B

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:04 AM

I'm thrilled to have just picked up my first new Revs since about 2003! I ordered and received a new B-Series full vent and standard (thanks to AWOC for the great service) in the blue/gray pattern. I was surprised to find the center panels on both kites to be the same gray as the the other panels in the sail, versus the usual white I was expecting. I think this is rather nice, actually... just didn't know things had changed. Of course, it's been a very long time for me since I picked up a new kite so I don't know if this has been this way for a long time. Are the center panels all gray now, or is this just the case in the blue/gray pattern? My only concern is making sure that if I eventually pick up a blue/gray mid vent and whether it too will have a gray center panel to match my new set. Thoughts?

#2 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:18 AM

I believe that's the new color scheme for 2011! Also along with this change, they also offer black centers with the black and color variations!! I've got the black and blue w/black center, AWESOME!Posted Image If you order a mid-vent, specify the color combo to match what you have!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#3 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:35 AM

I'm thrilled to have just picked up my first new Revs since about 2003! I ordered and received a new B-Series full vent and standard (thanks to AWOC for the great service) in the blue/gray pattern. I was surprised to find the center panels on both kites to be the same gray as the the other panels in the sail, versus the usual white I was expecting. I think this is rather nice, actually... just didn't know things had changed. Of course, it's been a very long time for me since I picked up a new kite so I don't know if this has been this way for a long time. Are the center panels all gray now, or is this just the case in the blue/gray pattern? My only concern is making sure that if I eventually pick up a blue/gray mid vent and whether it too will have a gray center panel to match my new set. Thoughts?

There is in fact a change to the "standard production" panel coloring from 2010 to 2011 for the JB 1.5.
There is no white center panel. There is only a black or gray center panel which in turn depends on the panel color layout.
If the center is black then the side panels, from top to bottom are: black-color-black-color
If the center is gray then the side panels, from top to bottom are: color-gray-color-gray
The standard production JB colors for 2011 are: Blue, Red, Purple, Lime(yellow). There is a total of eight standard production combinations.

The 2011 B2 has the same standard production color layouts as the JB2 except for the fact that the center is always white, meaning eight combinations.

Now the Standard(formerly SLE)1.5 is another subject.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#4 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:50 AM

Yup, those are the new 2011 colors. The Gray center panel looks very sweet!!! I really like the new color combos.
We have full stock on all colors and all models (std, Mid Vent and Full Vent) in both the black and the gray. Our B-Series Night still comes with the white center.

We also have the new B2's in stock as well in all colors. Should have them posted up on the website soon.

#5 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:04 AM

Tell us more about the B night!

International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

#6 Joe B

Joe B

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:59 AM

Thanks everyone for the info! Kent, I'm loving the new scheme and it was a pleasant surprise. I'll be looking forward to ordering a mid vent from you guys in the near future and glad to hear it will match.

#7 Reef Runner

Reef Runner

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:01 PM

Hey Joe, Sounds like you got a "set", in the making...................sounds good !! Posted Image

Sent from my regular old laptop, with real keys:

Nick, from North Carolina, USA
a.k.a. "Reef Runner"

Kitelife Subscriber #590

It's important to have as much fun as possible while we're here.
It balances out the times, when the minefield of life explodes.

J Buffett - "A Pirate Looks at Fifty"

#8 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:29 PM

My photo shows the B Series night - my kite looks fantastic when the sun lights it up, looks terrific under the stadium lights at my local soccer fields! Night flying is paramount for serious desert-summer kiting. Cheers to A Wind of Change for offering this color scheme at the same price as the other B Series color schemes!

The debate on whether to get my Zen in the same color scheme rages on....... <grins>

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#9 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:21 AM

John,

The B-Series Night! is our very own custom shop colored B-Series. It was designed for our area where we do most of our flying during the evening and night time because of the high heat during the days. It is basically the exact same kite as normal B-Series kites and comes packaged just the same with two frames, weight kit, B-Series advanced flying DVD etc... Material is Icarex/ripstop poly just like the regular B-Series, just with colors that are much more vibrant at night than the darker blacks and charcoal colors found in the standard color lineup.

Here's the link to the kite with images:
B-Series Night! Edition

#10 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 01:13 PM

Kent, Many Thanks for jogging my memory. Now I recall your special JB-Night. If I recall correctly, you have been selling it for about 2 years.

#11 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:33 PM

Can custom Revs still be ordered with white center panels?Posted Image

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#12 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 05:57 AM

Either contact your local dealer or Revolution directly. They can arrange it for you.

#13 lasapcheong

lasapcheong

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:40 AM

May I know if the grey center colour variations apply to a custom Zen as well?

Thanks
-Darryl

#14 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:17 AM

May I know if the grey center colour variations apply to a custom Zen as well?

Thanks
-Darryl

When you refer to the word "Custom", I understand that almost anything is possible.
Just give Revolution a call and ask. Customs, usually cost extra.
As for "standard" ZEN, I think white is still their standard as shown on their web site.

#15 JasonOsteo

JasonOsteo

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:42 PM

Uh oh.

I may have to get onto the UK suppliers. Would like a match to my standard JB 1.5 lime and black.....
People are like Slinkys. Basically useless but fun to watch falling down stairs.

#16 Joe B

Joe B

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:59 PM

Thought I'd post a pic of my new blue/grays with gray center panels for those who might be curious....

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users