7 replies to this topic

#1 Ant-

Ant-

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:43 AM

We're coming over to the States next month - flying into Chicago and then driving down to Louisvill KY. I hope to bring the Revs again, and was just wondering if there's any flyers / good places to fly anyone could recommend. We have a very open itinery - will probably stop off at the Indiana Dunes for a day or so, but any other suggestions warmly received.

Cheers
Ant

#2 cadguy

cadguy

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

Hello Ant, here's the link to the Illinois Kite Enthusiasts - IKE: http://www.ikeclub.o...orums/forum.php
A great group of fliers of all types of kites (and revs) with members throughout the state of Illinois and beyond.
Post a message in the Introductions section and let them know what dates you will be in the neighborhood. Maybe, there will be enough interest to have a club fly to meet you.
Also, here's the link for some events in the area: http://www.ikeclub.o.../2011_Festivals

Posted Image

Dayton David
"Dayton" David Kovacs

ike_member.png and 180or.png

PIGS aloft

#3 Ant-

Ant-

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:40 AM

Hi David - thanks for the info - looks like we'll be perfectly timed for the Great Lakes festival as we were looking at heading up to Sleeping Bear dunes the preceeding week anyway!

Cheers
Ant

#4 --Pete

--Pete

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:04 AM

Grand Haven/Great Lakes wasn't in your original "path" so I didn't say anything, but if you can make it to GH, it is looking like iQuad will be there.

I also am planning to attend. Look for the fat old guy in the yellow cap:Posted Image

--Pete
(sesquipedalian man)

#5 Jeepster

Jeepster

Curmudgeon

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:05 AM

I'll leave it to the Chicago IKE members to give you good directions to a local field. Although being in Chicago is a little like being in London ... could be right next door or an hour-and-a-half away from each other. You might give us a little closer set of coordinates.

Sleeping Bear dunes, as well as the entire local area, is a great place to fly. Lots of beaches and lots of sand. Do take your Rev when you climb to the top of the dune. The view is spectacular both inland and towards Lake Michigan ... and the flying with that view in the background is beautiful.

Look forward to meeting you at Grand Haven.

Cheers,
Tom

#6 Ant-

Ant-

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:08 AM

Thanks for all the info guys - I'm still making up an itinery but it's suddenly become very kite-centric :-) Basically we'll have a couple of days exploring Chicago, and then have to be in Louisville for a (non-kite) event the weekend of the 14th-15th, but apart from than it's an open book...

Of course I still have to persuade Virgin to let me take the kitebag as part of my free sports kit allowance...

Ant

#7 doctor rev

doctor rev
  • Forum Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 05:42 PM

if you need a rev break between chicago and louisville there's a nice spot in carmel, in, just north of indy, about 15 minutes off of I465

West ParkW 116th St, Carmel, IN 46032
"mille millions de mille sabords"

#8 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 05:00 AM

Be sure to take some street lines to fly by the Buckingham fountain in Grant Park!!!!!
grant park.png IMG00397-20100607-1316.png

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users