180 replies to this topic

#161 makatakam

makatakam

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:55 AM

Even London is considered 'the north' for Jonesey. If he went any further south he'd be wading across to the Isle of Wight.....

If you don't get five feet of snow in the winter, it ain't "North" !!!
Mark

Posted Image

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go."
CSN&Y

#162 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

Ben asked me to post some pictures for him as he is running late for his dinner with Queen Elizabeth, where he and Prince Phillip will likely trade fart jokes back and forth. The best thing about posting pictures for Ben is I can make up the stories! Ha!

As we can see in the first picture, Ben has decided to stop in on my own relatives, who look they are arguing over who will get the privilege of giving Ben a foot rub.

P1010058.JPG

Next up, it looks like Ben went shopping for something to cut thru the BS. I think this looks like an excellent choice though not sure how he will get it back in his luggage.

P1010210.JPG

Finally, here he is, dressed in what I know are his finest shorts, easily winning huge style points from Kate Moss for his dinner with HRH! Looking as handsome as ever in his spiffy iQuad jacket, I am sure the bag is a nice little gift of tea for her Highness. Surprisingly, he doesn't have his dressy pair of crocs on, but the cane looks like he's had some good use for it.

P1010233.JPG
David Hathaway, Revisionist
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

#163 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:15 AM

I will get you bro, I will get you..... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#164 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:17 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:lol: :lol: ROFLMAO :lol: :lol:

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#165 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:25 AM

. . . . . I am sure the bag is a nice little gift of tea for her Highness.

Oh, I see I thought he was carrying a gift from HRH’s corgis.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#166 Sailor99

Sailor99

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,334 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:30 AM

Even London is considered 'the north' for Jonesey. If he went any further south he'd be wading across to the Isle of Wight.....

But of course what mr jones isn't saying is that he is in fact from Bristol which is north of London and not far from Herefordshire. Have you ever noticed how many toes he has?
Over - Jeremy

Posted Image

Knowledge: The small part of ignorance that we arrange and classify.

#167 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:42 AM

Oh, I see I thought he was carrying a gift from HRH’s corgis.

OH! That's what it is! He must be taking that to the AKA Grand Nationals for John!
David Hathaway, Revisionist
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

#168 :-) Deryk

:-) Deryk
  • Forum Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:37 AM

At last, I've finally registered on the forum after being around for a couple of years and here's my first post:

Having met everyone I just wanted to add my appreciation for a great weekend.

I had plenty of (mostly successful) flying in the Rev arena and it was great having the opportunity to fly with all of you as well as people calling in a multitude of languages: French, Spanish even English at times (although I'm not sure how far north you have to go until English turns into another language Posted Image )
The red face I have got is DEFINITELY from the sunny weather and not the momentary loss of concentration before the start of Saturday's Megateam Fly Posted Image .

I have also now seen how Sunday's 42 kite display looked to the rest of the world having been able to view Jonesey's great video (I tried not to be distracted this time, keeping my eye on the correct Red and Black kite,
especially when Steven H told everyone to look at the "boxed 20" "Kodak" moment in front of us. I maintained this "call" was for the to the crowd behind rather than flyers Posted Image ).

So, only another year till the next Portsmouth event but there is still this weekend to come and I hope to see some of you at Bristol in Ashton Court..

Thanks to All,

.... Deryk
---------------------------------------------------

#169 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:45 AM

At last, I've finally registered on the forum after being around for a couple of years and here's my first post:

Having met everyone I just wanted to add my appreciation for a great weekend.

I had plenty of (mostly successful) flying in the Rev arena and it was great having the opportunity to fly with all of you as well as people calling in a multitude of languages: French, Spanish even English at times (although I'm not sure how far north you have to go until English turns into another language Posted Image )
The red face I have got is DEFINITELY from the sunny weather and not the momentary loss of concentration before the start of Saturday's Megateam Fly Posted Image .

I have also now seen how Sunday's 42 kite display looked to the rest of the world having been able to view Jonesey's great video (I tried not to be distracted this time, keeping my eye on the correct Red and Black kite,
especially when Steven H told everyone to look at the "boxed 20" "Kodak" moment in front of us. I maintained this "call" was for the to the crowd behind rather than flyers Posted Image ).

So, only another year till the next Portsmouth event but there is still this weekend to come and I hope to see some of you at Bristol in Ashton Court..

Thanks to All,

.... Deryk

Thank you for joining and thanks for just being there my friend.... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#170 JasonOsteo

JasonOsteo

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:04 AM

Was a great weekend.

Thankyou to all the teams who turned up and suffered the poor flying of us mere mortals. Also thankyou to those who took the time to fly with us and call for us, probably some of the best fun of the whole weekend.

Probably lucky the licensing ended early at the pub, would have had less flying and not felt good. Although Gary did find a way round it, start earlyPosted Image
People are like Slinkys. Basically useless but fun to watch falling down stairs.

#171 Murph

Murph

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:02 PM

Brilliant photos and videos, really enjoyed flicking through them. Thanking you.

Chris

#172 JasonOsteo

JasonOsteo

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:57 AM

A little video of some of the teams practicing at Portsmouth together. With multi-lingual calling from Mr. Hoath.

People are like Slinkys. Basically useless but fun to watch falling down stairs.

#173 Madquad

Madquad

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:30 AM

Its about time we stop the multilingual calling....Saves time...and Mr Hoaths throath too !
Please....all learn to understand the international calls, makes everything much easier.

Just my opinion. Posted Image

It's not the size of your Rev.. its how you use it.
Seven days without flying a Rev makes one weak.

http://www.air-4-ce.nl

batch-air4ce.jpg?w=230&h=230

#174 Stephen Hoath

Stephen Hoath

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:01 PM

Its about time we stop the multilingual calling....Saves time...and Mr Hoaths throath too !
Please....all learn to understand the international calls, makes everything much easier.

Just my opinion. Posted Image

Agreed and it also will stop me offending people with my poor Spanish and French. If people cant understand my calls in English i will just have to speak slower and shout louder until they understand me! :kid_smartass:

Stephen Hoath

<a href="http://www.baidesign.net" rel="nofollow">Bai Design</a>

cappalatte-150x90.jpg

#175 andelscott

andelscott

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:38 AM

Agreed and it also will stop me offending people with my poor Spanish and French. If people cant understand my calls in English i will just have to speak slower and shout louder until they understand me! :kid_smartass:

That will cut out half the fun! The multilingual calls give the rest of us longer to work out which is the 'right tip' or 'clockwise'.... :kid_devlish:
Andy

#176 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:12 AM

Sounds about right to me Andy.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#177 Fernan

Fernan

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:04 AM

Great festival, more photos in:

www.bolau.org

#178 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:37 AM

Great festival, more photos in:

www.bolau.org

What a great set of images! Thanks very much for sharing...

Felix

#179 Madquad

Madquad

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

Beatifull pictures of a wonderfull festival !

It's not the size of your Rev.. its how you use it.
Seven days without flying a Rev makes one weak.

http://www.air-4-ce.nl

batch-air4ce.jpg?w=230&h=230

#180 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:13 PM

But of course what mr jones isn't saying is that he is in fact from Bristol which is north of London and not far from Herefordshire. Have you ever noticed how many toes he has?

Hang on, I live in Herefordshire.

(quietly looking down and counting toes, yep, 6 on each foot. Sigh of relief, normal, just like other Rev fliers. :kid_devlish: )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users