#21 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:48 AM

The more the better.

I hope that someone is able to take this on.

Felix

I have asked if a PA would be allowed... We will need communication on the field!

In order to get a discount at The Halls of Residence numbers will need to be presented.

Felix

#22 Madquad

Madquad

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:38 AM

Would be great to come Felix !!

It's not the size of your Rev.. its how you use it.
Seven days without flying a Rev makes one weak.

http://www.air-4-ce.nl

batch-air4ce.jpg?w=230&h=230

#23 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:31 AM

Would be great to come Felix !!

I hope that all the recognised European Teams will be able to find the resources to attend this event.

If teams from further afield can also attend, so much the better.

Please see the following links to the places where many of the kite fliers stay:-

http://www.visitport...ees-hall-p11493

http://www.queenshotelportsmouth.com/

<disclaimer>

Felix

#24 Stephen

Stephen
  • Forum Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

Front Cover of the April 2011 Newsletter of the Kite Society of Great Britain features a photo of the mega-fly with the caption inside of "The People are Back Revolution Fliers at Portsmouth 2008 returning for a mega-mega attempt at Portsmouth in August"

Inside further information about Portsmouth states "One of the new events we have planned in conjunction with Felix Mottram and the Revolution fliers is UK record attempt similar to the fly in 2008. We have arranged a separate and larger arena for just this purpose, away from the normal arena space. So more space for all."

It seems that the expectations are high.

I will be there, I just hope that i am good enough or able to help out.

Cheers
Stephen

#25 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:46 AM

Front Cover of the April 2011 Newsletter of the Kite Society of Great Britain features a photo of the mega-fly with the caption inside of "The People are Back Revolution Fliers at Portsmouth 2008— returning for a mega-mega attempt at Portsmouth in August"

Inside further information about Portsmouth states "One of the new events we have planned in conjunction with Felix Mottram and the Revolution fliers is UK record attempt similar to the fly in 2008. We have arranged a separate and larger arena for just this purpose, away from the normal arena space. So more space for all."

It seems that the expectations are high.

I will be there, I just hope that i am good enough or able to help out.

Cheers
Stephen

Thanks Stephen,

So the field is there, there are details regarding PA and accommodation to be worked out but all we need now are the fliers!

Let's hear it from you all... [EDIT I just spoke to Ben and he is hoping to attend and sends his 'best wishes to everyone'...]

Thanks

Felix

#26 andelscott

andelscott

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

Let's hear it from you all...

OK chalk up another one. But I will want to renegotiate my accommodation if a discount ever materialises....
Andy

#27 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:31 PM

OK chalk up another one. But I will want to renegotiate my accommodation if a discount ever materialises....

Ha Ha Ha, I'm sure that you will be able to persuade them... Presumably you cancel and book up at the revised rate <grins>

More importantly, will you fly?

Felix

#28 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:51 PM

I can see the importance of being local but I think it may be easier if more than one could take on such a role. I'm sure we would all offer support to this group where we can. I'm looking forward to seeing this develop over the coming weeks and coming to Portsmouth 2011.

OK, moving rapidly onwards we need someone to spec a PA and sound desk, provide it and run it on the festival days with radio mikes etc. subject to permission being given by the council via Gill at KSGB. I think that there are a couple of people who are used to doing this, Simon?

We need someone to record Halls of Residence needs as there is a point at which there would be a discount offered. The basic link I posted yesterday.

I will be away at Berck and Cervia over the next two weeks but will hope to keep in touch with developments in the meantime.

Felix

#29 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:38 AM

Update...

Please contact Gill Bloom asap via info@thekitesociety.org.uk regarding bookings at Rees Hall which is where many of the kite fliers stay. A reduced rate for participating Rev Fliers 'may' be available if the numbers are sufficient. <grins>

A small number of 'free' camp site spaces have been pre-allocated to the participating Rev Fliers. Again please contact Gill asap!

Issues relating to the arena and PA appear to be resolved so I hope that fliers who are intent on taking part will now make themselves known here.

Thanks

Felix

#30 Madquad

Madquad

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:27 PM

We received the mail from Gill too Felix and we are busy atm planning things to make sure we can come too !

It's not the size of your Rev.. its how you use it.
Seven days without flying a Rev makes one weak.

http://www.air-4-ce.nl

batch-air4ce.jpg?w=230&h=230

#31 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:49 PM

I am more than happy to help out as ground crew on at least One of the Days, looks like probably the Sunday.

#32 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:09 PM

We received the mail from Gill too Felix and we are busy atm planning things to make sure we can come too !

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the update. I hope that you will be able to attend.

Felix

#33 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

I am more than happy to help out as ground crew on at least One of the Days, looks like probably the Sunday.

Hi Chris,

Thanks, all hands welcome. Just need to get the fliers lined up now <grins>

Felix

#34 dazlarsen

dazlarsen

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:09 AM

Count me in Felix,and possibly 3 more from haven flyers
All the best

Daz

#35 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:52 AM

Count me in Felix,and possibly 3 more from haven flyers

Thanks Daz. As I have said elsewhere, (I think) the actual number of fliers is not as important as to how we utilise the facility.

In Long Beach last August there was a good balance, over a number of days, between preparation for a large display interspersed with team Demos and the large display itself all in the one arena/field. At Berck, for the last few years the focus has been for sequences of performances through the afternoon in the main arena but with no 'realised' facility to prepare a large display. (It is no good attempting to rehearse in the main arena <grins>)

The potential at Portsmouth, as I see it, is for a large number of Rev Fliers to have the opportunity to fly together, as at Long Beach, but with a much larger audience.

Felix

#36 The Kite Society

The Kite Society
  • Forum Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:08 AM

Update...

Please contact Gill Bloom asap via info@thekitesociety.org.uk regarding bookings at Rees Hall which is where many of the kite fliers stay. A reduced rate for participating Rev Fliers 'may' be available if the numbers are sufficient. <grins>

A small number of 'free' camp site spaces have been pre-allocated to the participating Rev Fliers. Again please contact Gill asap!

Issues relating to the arena and PA appear to be resolved so I hope that fliers who are intent on taking part will now make themselves known here.

Thanks

Felix

Not many people have been in touch regarding the camping spaces/halls of residence - are any RevFliers interested?

#37 Vince

Vince

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:50 AM

There is a few from the North East for both camping and halls but we have not given specific reference as rev fliers, perhaps this is the case with others.
Vince

Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 BAZ

BAZ

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

There is a few from the North East for both camping and halls but we have not given specific reference as rev fliers, perhaps this is the case with others.

I too have applied for a camping pass but not as a "rev flier"

Maker of the ULTRA NO SNAG HANDLES

BAZ

ani_victory.gif

#39 The Kite Society

The Kite Society
  • Forum Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:51 AM

All

Those who have applied for camping passes should receive them in the next few weeks. If there is anyone who wants a camping pass and coming to Portsmouth (and have not applied already) then hurry up as we intend to release the reserved Rev flier camping passes in the next week.

For the Halls of Residence - well we have had three people interested - not enough to break into a discount band. We can extend the offer until the end of June after which we will have to let it go - so again please hurry if you are interested in this.

If anyone wants just a car pass then we need to have the vehicle registration number as well as your name - Email us

#40 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:22 AM

All

Those who have applied for camping passes should receive them in the next few weeks. If there is anyone who wants a camping pass and coming to Portsmouth (and have not applied already) then hurry up as we intend to release the reserved Rev flier camping passes in the next week.

For the Halls of Residence - well we have had three people interested - not enough to break into a discount band. We can extend the offer until the end of June after which we will have to let it go - so again please hurry if you are interested in this.

If anyone wants just a car pass then we need to have the vehicle registration number as well as your name - Email us

I wonder where all the fliers have gone? Maybe.... <grins>

Felix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users