Patriotic indoor rev

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 JPurvis

JPurvis
  • Forum Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:52 PM

So I was at my local YMCA practicing with my new indoor rev when an employee asked me if i would like to perform during the National Anthem for a gymnastic meet. She asked if had an American flag design, but i only had the standard red/white/black design. I know that there is a red/white/blue design, but can there be a flag design as well?

Anyone got any ideas?
Class of 2010

#2 Scott_of_melnsct

Scott_of_melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:27 AM

that's a question for Ben. If he approves it, which I can't imagine him not, and you can pay for it....then you'll have your answer
Scott A Koenig
Founding member: Tennessee Wind Militia
"We muster to fly at a moment's notice"

#3 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,446 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:31 AM

There was a Red-White-Blue available, maybe still is. The only flag offered by Revolution was 1.5 made by Bazzer.
As for an indoor flag, it would be a custom made. That can get into the money and take a bit of time at that.
The best is to contact Revolution directly concerning a REV indoor flag.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#4 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:43 AM

Penny has an American Flag rev indoor, but I believe it is painted on a regular rev indoor. It is possible to get most any sail pattern from Revolution so long as you can afford it. Also bear in mind that to get such a custom order could take some time and may not be ready before the gymnastics meet. If I were in your position, I would consider one of three options. 1) buy a regular red/white/blue rev indoor, 2) borrow a regular red/white/blue indoor from someone you know, or 3) paint on a pure white rev indoor *not recommended*.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 kitefantex

kitefantex

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:44 AM

I have an indoor red/white/blue. I have only tried one time out side on a windlesss day. Click on my avatar and sed me an email if interested.

Kitefantex aka Gumby

#6 Jim Foster

Jim Foster

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:53 AM

Get a red, white and blue indoor and add white stars to the blue areas. We have added stars to many of our Revs.

Attached Thumbnails

• P4303798.JPG

Fly together! Share the joy, Share the fun

#7 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:58 PM

Penny has an American Flag rev indoor, but I believe it is painted on a regular rev indoor. It is possible to get most any sail pattern from Revolution so long as you can afford it. Also bear in mind that to get such a custom order could take some time and may not be ready before the gymnastics meet. If I were in your position, I would consider one of three options. 1) buy a regular red/white/blue rev indoor, 2) borrow a regular red/white/blue indoor from someone you know, or 3) paint on a pure white rev indoor *not recommended*.

Or 4 Get " The Brothers " to print a Indoor Sail.....

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#8 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:43 AM

you could also wear R/W/B and then fly an all white indoor

#9 Scott_of_melnsct

Scott_of_melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:21 AM

when is the gymnastics meet? That's my indoor in my avatar. I could maybe loan it to you if you will pay the shipping. PM me.
Scott A Koenig
Founding member: Tennessee Wind Militia
"We muster to fly at a moment's notice"

#10 JPurvis

JPurvis
  • Forum Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:12 PM

Unfortunately the gymnastic meet was that same day. But, they said that if there are any other meets or events going on that i am more than welcome to(pending on the kite of course). I do have some news though. I contacted the local school district about doing a indoor demo for national kite month. The superintendent sent an email to the principals and they hopefully should respond soon.
Class of 2010

#11 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:50 AM

Unfortunately the gymnastic meet was that same day. But, they said that if there are any other meets or events going on that i am more than welcome to(pending on the kite of course). I do have some news though. I contacted the local school district about doing a indoor demo for national kite month. The superintendent sent an email to the principals and they hopefully should respond soon.

Hi Johnathon,

Great!

Did you see the school demo YouTube vids that Watty put up with Scotty, Phil and Spence flying for kids at a school? You could show them to the superintendent.....

Watty has several posted there......

#12 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:53 AM

I know that there is a red/white/blue design, but can there be a flag design as well?

Anyone got any ideas?

Just about ANY custom sail can be made and ordered through The Kite Shoppe! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users