15 replies to this topic

#1 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:51 AM

So my bags are packed and I'm getting ready to leave in the A.M. for Washington D.C. to kill 2 birds with one stone,1. to help support Connor and all
he is doing for the walk this weekend and 2. to fly at the " (new) Cherry Blossom festival" this weekend......Posted Image I must say this is a good thing cause
I got lots of things going on and the road always clears out my mind.....Posted Image So stay tuned for my report this weekend and then well, I guess you'll
just have to wait and see......Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Ben

#2 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:54 AM

Safe travels!! Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#3 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 12:11 PM

See you on Sunday Ben!

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#4 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:41 PM

Can't wait to see you Ben! Save travels to you! We head to NBC Studios in the morning around 10 am for an 11 am interview.. not sure with who yet but will call you when we are done. hugsssss
Amy

#5 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:14 PM

Can't wait to see you Ben! Save travels to you! We head to NBC Studios in the morning around 10 am for an 11 am interview.. not sure with who yet but will call you when we are done. hugsssss
Amy

Gonna miss you at the LC Indoor!!!Posted Image But I know it's for a good cause!! Posted Image Hope to see you soon!!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#6 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:35 PM

Gonna miss you at the LC Indoor!!!Posted Image But I know it's for a good cause!! Posted Image Hope to see you soon!!!

You go rock em at Lincoln City !!! We will miss you too but I know you will have a great timeee!

#7 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:46 AM

Gang,
It looks like waterproof boots, gortex rain gear and polartex layers will be necessary for this Sunday's Cherry Blossom Kite Festival on the grounds of the Washington Monument. My bride is already writing off the day as unworthy of her attendance (and she has all that foul weather gear, . . . enough to sleep in a snow drift comfortably)

I've also affixed a PDF of the field layouts so you can plan your destination. Metro Rail is best, parking will be a nightmare and I don't care if we got snow the night before!

You will be allowed to drive in your load,
~ if you show patience waiting your turn,
~ respect the fact that you can't turn around or go onto the grass at all
~ and only have a van or pick-up truck, (not the space shuttle filled with equipment)

Attached Thumbnails

• we\'reNOTcold1.jpg

Attached Files

#8 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:16 AM

Be optimistic, the rain gear "may" be necessary, so far it's only 30% chance of rain. It does look like it will be cold though.

I hope I can find parking because I am not up for lot's of walking.

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#9 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

Well myself and Dr. Moody have been on the "Mall" all day and it was brisk but the wind was really good, the only problem I had all day is Dr. Moody and he
has been in a foul mood all day......Posted Image No matter what I had a good day and was in shorts all day, but then again I went to Kites on Ice in shorts
so don't take my word for it..... Dr. Moody has been a hand full all day and at one point was even flying off my bridle, don't ask me I'm just a dummy.....
So I just wanted to update the conditions and the mood of the good doctor......Posted Image So here's a few photos and I'm going to get ready for some street
flying tonight and have a cup of coffee with Dr. Moody, I think the doc has jet lag cause he's really getting on my last nerve....... Ben (and Dr. Moody)Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF2044.JPG
  • DSCF2053.JPG
  • DSCF2058.JPG
  • DSCF2063.JPG

#10 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 02:04 PM

Well there was no kite festival per say in D.C. this weekend cause of snow and weather !!!!!!!!! Posted Image But there was still great fun with the releasing of the
"Dare to Dream" series with Connor and to help him in his speaking and flying for the crowds at the " Epilepsy Walk " and to tell you the truth I was impressed
he spoke very well and flew even better and what he gave to kiting was priceless......Posted Image The crowds loved him and he explained to all how kiting was his own
private cure for a crippling disease that he shares with thousands and in my humble opinion I really think we will have some new fliers in the future because
of the way he explained himself, and even more important I was just plain proud of him......Posted Image So here's a bunch of photos enjoy..... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF2078.JPG
  • DSCF2094.JPG
  • DSCF2102.JPG
  • DSCF2105.JPG
  • DSCF2109.JPG
  • DSCF2137.JPG
  • DSCF2155.JPG
  • IMG_6361.JPG
  • IMG_6393.jpg
  • IMG_6406.JPG
  • P3250306.JPG
  • P3250312.JPG

#11 jburka

jburka

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:29 PM

So here's a bunch of photos enjoy..... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Amy, since when do you get so fresh with Dr. Moody?!

Looks like a great time!

#12 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:59 PM

Amy, since when do you get so fresh with Dr. Moody?!

Looks like a great time!

Now how do you know it wasn't Dr. Moody being fresh with ME? hmm? Ok, well he is sorta cute.. in a way. :)

A big thank you to Ben,and Dr. Moody for all the help and support all week. Truly could not have done it without Ben and Jim. They were fantastic.
hugs Mousie

#13 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:08 AM

I want to know how much Dr. Moody paid Ben to get those handles in his hands??!!??Posted Image

wayne from portland

AKA member

#14 cdflyer

cdflyer
  • Forum Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:10 AM

Hey thanks Benny and Dr Moody for helping out at the national epilcepsy walk [I would also like to thank Jim Cosca because he helped out alot to

#15 jburka

jburka

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:14 PM

A big thank you to Ben,and Dr. Moody for all the help and support all week.

I'm still bummed I couldn't see y'all when you were in my hometown! On the plus side, I see that we'll all be at Windscape in June, so unless something goes wrong with my knee, I'll get to look forward to seeing you and Connor there!

#16 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:39 PM

Hi Ben....

Bummer about the weather, but it looks like you and Dr. Moody still made "it" happen! Great photos, too. ummm, Dr. Moody, you need to relax when flying, bring your arms down a bit and don't forget to breathe! ;)

Hi Connor....

Glad things went well for you (aside from the weather). Keep doing what you love; it always has the best outcome!!!
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users