#1 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

Hi all,
I wanted to say thank you to everyone. First off to Mike and Cathy Moseman for their hospitality during the NASM Indoor Festival. We truly appreciate your opening your home to us.

Lisa Willoughby will be touring us around the East Coast for the week until she heads out to Lincoln City ( ok this seems odd huh lol) while we head back into DC. Thanks Lisa for having us, we can't wait!

We just received some very cool news from the White House.. We will be touring the White House on Wednesday March 23rd ! Ben, Lisa, Connor,Ian,Brielle and myself all cleared security status! Sad that Ben will not be coming into DC till Thursday however, and we don't have a choice of when we go, but we will be hanging with Ben the rest of the weekend for the National Walk for Epilepsy, and the Smithsonian Cherry Blossum Kite Festival!

Connor has raised $1664. for the National Epilepsy Foundation and is working hard to hit $2000. before we leave. You will hear more from him on that one. Thanks to those of you that have already helped make this happen!

I would also like to announce (per the good folks at Revolution Kites) that there will be a very special announcement made that week. Stay tuned on that one. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Our goal is to share what kiting has done for us, with many others, and to raise awareness for Epilepsy. Epilepsy is an invisible condition, until a seizure hits. Many have wondered why Connor gets so wiped out and falls asleep anywhere.. or sometimes seems *out of it*. It is something he deals with everyday, even when he is seizure free because of the meds he takes. For those who have been so supportive of him, taught him to fly , given him a good word when things have been rough. thank you.
Sincerely,
Amy Doran

Attached Thumbnails

• Connor cover.jpg

#2 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Johhny B Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:40 PM

Hmm, if you are staying with Mike and Cathy maybe we can all go to Dinner one evening. Mike doesn't live too far from me.

If not I am planning on being at the Smithsonian and at the Blossom festival.

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#3 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:16 AM

We all had a grand time at the tribute to Margo Brown (Nat'l Air & Space Museum's indoor kite fly) on the 19th of March.

Here's a couple of highlights from my office's staff photographer Daniel Sone. He & Andrew Albosta (WOW's extraordinary photographer and master class flier) worked their tail-feathers off capturing literally thousands of photo opportunities. I guess my bride will write-up an article for Phil Broder (Kiting Magazine) on the event.

Attached Thumbnails

• those shoes!.jpg
  • Charlie.jpg
  • Ian.jpg
  • spectators.jpg
  • lisa.jpg
  • jeff.jpg

#4 mousieo

mousieo

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:42 AM

We all had a grand time at the tribute to Margo Brown (Nat'l Air & Space Museum's indoor kite fly) on the 19th of March.

Here's a couple of highlights from my office's staff photographer Daniel Sone. He & Andrew Albosta (WOW's extraordinary photographer and master class flier) worked their tail-feathers off capturing literally thousands of photo opportunities. I guess my bride will write-up an article for Phil Broder (Kiting Magazine) on the event.

Wow how fun! Where can we see more photos? Get Copies? lol it was a blast! Heading into Philly today to do the tour there. Taking kites.. of course!

#5 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:03 AM

Guess where I'm headed???????Posted Image Well Im going to DC to hang out with Amy and Connor to help support them and to not let them have fun all by themselves........
Yes I would lie and say I'm just going to support them but the truth is I'm headed there to present Connor with a lets say a gift / business........Posted Image Hey but the real
reason I'm going is to be with my East Coast, West Coast Family and of course to fly a bit and share the magic...... So let me shake of the sand of Huntington Beach out and get the bag ready for DC, hmmmm no wonder I'm always so lost............ BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 jburka

jburka

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:37 AM

Ben -- still don't know if I'll make it down to the Mall on Sunday (partially depends on catching a ride with someone!), but I'm hoping to see y'all...

(yes, my surgery went fine and I'm now slowly recovering.)

#7 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:11 AM

Ben -- still don't know if I'll make it down to the Mall on Sunday (partially depends on catching a ride with someone!), but I'm hoping to see y'all...

Hi Jeff-

Glad things went well!!!

Listen to your docs and all will be well!!!

See you soon.

Hi Guys and Gals-

Have a great time in DC!!!
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#8 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:36 AM

You better take care of yourself or I'll come visit....... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:44 PM

You better take care of yourself or I'll come visit....... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Careful, he knows a thing or two about listening to the docs!!! Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users