708 replies to this topic

#361 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 02:29 AM

Your pics are proving to be the true mystery pics! ; )

Here's an idea. E-mail the pic to the kite Loft and ask them to print the pic and place it on their counter or wall, with a sign next to it that says "Is this you?" Whoever the person is, is bound to speak up if they frequent the store a lot. Have the store e-mail you back when/if they find the mystery Rev flyer. : )

Hey, remember you're in the States - won't you get sued for impinging on someone's privacy, compromising their human rights, infringing photo publishing and copyright law, any number of wireless and telegraphy laws, talking about someone without their express permission in writing (remember, you've commented on his stature - bet that's an offence on a person's 'perceived body image' (or something...I might have made that one up though.... LOL) and lastly: viewing a cam pointing the wrong way when there's NOT an 'R' in the month - a VERY serious one that.

Just a thought..... :kid_devlish:

F

(Please note: The views expressed in this message are not necessarily those of the writer. No kites were harmed in the posting of this post. No similarity to anyone or anything, alive or dead, animate or inanimate, was intended or implied, or thought about or hinted at. The author can accept no responsibility - real or imagined - from any event, occurrence or thought, humorous or otherwise arising in any way whatsover from the reading of, or exasperation with, this post.)

#362 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:00 AM

Looks like you have it covered pretty well there Fraser.

#363 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:52 AM

Hey, remember you're in the States - won't you get sued for impinging on someone's privacy, compromising their human rights, infringing photo publishing and copyright law, any number of wireless and telegraphy laws, talking about someone without their express permission in writing (remember, you've commented on his stature - bet that's an offence on a person's 'perceived body image' (or something...I might have made that one up though.... LOL) and lastly: viewing a cam pointing the wrong way when there's NOT an 'R' in the month - a VERY serious one that.

Just a thought..... :kid_devlish:

F

(Please note: The views expressed in this message are not necessarily those of the writer. No kites were harmed in the posting of this post. No similarity to anyone or anything, alive or dead, animate or inanimate, was intended or implied, or thought about or hinted at. The author can accept no responsibility - real or imagined - from any event, occurrence or thought, humorous or otherwise arising in any way whatsover from the reading of, or exasperation with, this post.)

I was reading this thinking "Wait I don't remember responding to that" then I realized it's probably a good thing you and I are separated by thousands of miles of ocean, One can only imagine the havoc that would occur which leads me to thinking if I do go to the UK next year to visit an old friend, I see some flying and Pub crawling after a short boat ride to Scotland lol. :kid_devlish:
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#364 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:48 AM

Looks like you have it covered pretty well there Fraser.

ha ha!

#365 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:49 AM

I was reading this thinking "Wait I don't remember responding to that" then I realized it's probably a good thing you and I are separated by thousands of miles of ocean, One can only imagine the havoc that would occur which leads me to thinking if I do go to the UK next year to visit an old friend, I see some flying and Pub crawling after a short boat ride to Scotland lol. :kid_devlish:

Absolutely Jim! Dunno where the 'boat ride' comes in though..... where's your old friend?

#366 TGunn

TGunn

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:19 AM

Just a thought.....

Ok then, we sweeten the offer by offering a free set of quad handles to the person that proves that they are the mystery person in the photo, and then they wouldn't even care if we snapped a shot of them flying their rev in their birthday suit! ; )

Speaking of Birthday suit flying, has any one here ever done it? Years ago on a small island (Suavy Island), in the middle of the Columbia River, near Portland, Oregon, there was a nudist beach that used to organise a clothing optional kite fly each year. Gomberg's have flown at the event, and so has David Brittain. LOL

Troy Gunn

TKO Sport Kite Team - Founding Member
<a class="bbc_url" title="External link" href="http://tko.sportkite...d.com/home.htm" rel="nofollow external">http://tko.sportkite...od.com/home.htm

#367 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:01 PM

Your pics are proving to be the true mystery pics! ; )

Here's an idea. E-mail the pic to the kite Loft and ask them to print the pic and place it on their counter or wall, with a sign next to it that says "Is this you?" Whoever the person is, is bound to speak up if they frequent the store a lot. Have the store e-mail you back when/if they find the mystery Rev flyer. : )

I can't help but think this person HAD to know they were on the cam (and thus shouldn't be upset). Maybe I should just email the pics to the Kite Loft folks and see if they have an idea who it is. They might know. :)

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#368 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:57 PM

I also think it looks like they know where the Cam is. They couldnt have placed themselves better for it.

#369 Fraser

Fraser

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:56 AM

Speaking of Birthday suit flying, has any one here ever done it? Years ago on a small island (Suavy Island), in the middle of the Columbia River, near Portland, Oregon, there was a nudist beach that used to organise a clothing optional kite fly each year. Gomberg's have flown at the event, and so has David Brittain. LOL

Now THIS is the direction modern kiting should be taking!! (As long as I don't have to do it...!) Woohoo! :kid_devlish:

#370 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:10 AM

Now THIS is the direction modern kiting should be taking!! (As long as I don't have to do it...!) Woohoo! :kid_devlish:

You kill me, Fraser! Lol!

This could be a wole new pervy topic which I won't even touch with 10 feet lines... ;D

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#371 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:48 AM

I don't know if this qualifies as a mystery photo or not, but I just caught this unknown flyer on a webcam a few minutes ago! Hee!

For the record, this would be mystery photo No. 36.
It is still open! Who is the mystery REV flier?
Troy Gunn is offering a prize to the winner. (refer to his message for details)

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#372 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:50 AM

Mystery photo no. 37.
What type of REV train is this?

Attached Thumbnails

• sm_199310_34.jpg

International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

#373 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:51 AM

uuuhhhhh...... a 3-stack masterpiece???

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#374 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:48 AM

uuuhhhhh...... a 3-stack masterpiece???

The train is from at least 10 years before the "masterpiece" time.
Look a bit more closely. There is something particular to this train, which might have been a first.

#375 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:06 AM

The train is from at least 10 years before the "masterpiece" time.
Look a bit more closely. There is something particular to this train, which might have been a first.

How about a Rev 1 a Rev 1.5 and a Rev 2 with the Rev 1 nearest the handles :blue_wink:
GARY

Posted Image

#376 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:12 AM

I think it's 3 x 1.5.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#377 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:25 AM

Could it have something to do with the 4 top lines connecting the revs? (I'm not sure if that's on all stacks. Never flown a stack before.)

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#378 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:25 AM

How about a Rev 1 a Rev 1.5 and a Rev 2 with the Rev 1 nearest the handles :blue_wink:

Gary's got it close enough!
It was a bit of an illusion as all REVs appear to be the same size. Below are two more pictures taken in the same sequence of photos.
This train is before the "REV 1.5" times. The second REV is a scaled down "REV I" built exclusively to fill the gap between a "REV II" and a "REV I" for my first progressive REV train.

Gary, you are up now for the next mystery photo.

Attached Thumbnails

• 199310_36.jpg
  • 199310_37.jpg

#379 FortFlyer

FortFlyer

Jimi Quadsticks

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:33 PM

Gary's got it close enough!
It was a bit of an illusion as all REVs appear to be the same size. Below are two more pictures taken in the same sequence of photos.
This train is before the "REV 1.5" times. The second REV is a scaled down "REV I" built exclusively to fill the gap between a "REV II" and a "REV I" for my first progressive REV train.

Gary, you are up now for the next mystery photo.

I think i've said this before about that particular pattern, I WANT ONE :kid_brooding:
Jim,
Ft. Taber Park & Brenton Point

Rev's are like a carbon framed out-of-body experience

Posted Image

#380 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:41 PM

I think i've said this before about that particular pattern, I WANT ONE :kid_brooding:

These weren't easy to build and to top it off, the pattern I used for design has been lost.
The material I used was Bainbridge spinnaker nylon. If I were ever to make this again, I would used either Icarex or Toray polyester spinnaker. The major problem is to get enough material of the same type, in 4 different shades.
The amount of material used and wasted was tremendous due to the pattern.
Nope, no plans to make another set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users