Lolly,per phone conv.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jimt

jimt
  • Forum Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:47 AM

Hi to all, Iam new to the forum not good at computers or flying yet, but trying to learn both.I am retired and been flying Prism Nexus/
and Quantiym for about 3 years. I became discouraged by not being able to do some of the tricks, not having anyone to fly with or bounce ideas or info off of. Bought a rev 1.5 four months ago and have not flown a two string since !!!!!!THIS IS GREAT you can actually do something with the kite. My wife and I live in SanMateo CA. I fly on the bay side of the pen. Winds are usually between none to 12 to 16mph. I fly every day there is enough wind. Thanks to DAVE I now have a set of 50 ft lines. I want to learn to do the catch and throw,,any help or video,moral support would a great help. Thanks to all, till nex time. jimt

#2 mbro

mbro

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

Hi jimt, Welcome to the forum and the" DARK SIDE", there are lot of good and knowledgable people on here that can help and guide you so don't be afraid to ask. As for the catch and throw thats one I have not undertaken as I'm fairly new at this myself!! I'm sure someone will chime in with some help!Posted Image Again,Welcome

Michael
"But now, we are free. We are up; we are off..."

#3 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:17 PM

There is another topic on this forum that discusses the Catch & Throw and its technique.

Here is the link to it (just click the sentence below):
Catch & Throw Technique Topic

In that same topic, there is a link to a video tutorial that John B has done. The link to that is below:
Download page for the Tutorial - after downloading, read the instructions on the download page to open.

Hope that helps.

Edited by awindofchange, 15 February 2011 - 12:17 PM.

#4 beach

beach

Rev Staff

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:30 PM

Welcome to the forum and feel free to ask anything.... BenPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 jimt

jimt
  • Forum Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:40 PM

Hi BEN or who ever answers, I see the site you said to click on but can not down load???,as I said befor I am not good with computers,,some how I dont get it??. what do I do?. thanks again for your patients jimt.

#6 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:51 PM

Did you try the first link?? It should bring you to another place on the forum that this subject is discussed!! Not sure if you need to be a Kitelife subscriber to download the other tutorial!! Either way - Welcome to the family!!! :)

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#7 --Pete

--Pete

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

Jimt is right. You have to subscribe to download the tutorial videos. In fact that was the tipping point for me. I subscribed.
--Pete
(sesquipedalian man)

#8 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:58 PM

Heya Jim, There are two good tutorials you can watch, one is on Youtube by our very own Watty...

The Second is an official tutorial done by John Baressi, but you have to be a Kitelife subscriber to view it...
http://kitelife.com/...g-ipod-480x272/

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#9 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:12 AM

the catch doesn't have to be initiated from the top of the wind, that way it falls off of a table top and travels straight down (that's just pure gravity, you've positioned it and then jerked out of the sky).

Try it as the kite is moving forward, when reaching 2/3rds of the window's height, then it will arc over in a nice smooth path, particularly if it's not blowing very much. Indoors you can get the flight path perfectly parallel with the floor, even when initiating the technique from this starting position, but line lengths will be much shorter.

Keep practicing and it will appear magical eventually.

#10 jimt

jimt
  • Forum Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:41 AM

I new from my first look at the forum that you all of you would help, seems like this is a brother/sister hood group ,,,IREALLY like that aspect all for one and one for all . I guess I will have to subscribe to KITE LIFE. THANKS|||I think . I am about to leave for Tuscon AZ. so will be out of computer range for a few days ,but a BIG THANKS for your help so far and looking forward to a long and fruitful relationship.jimt

#11 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:47 AM

I am sure there have to be fliers there, check at the local kite store for regulars or clubs!!!:) Again, if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!!! Help is always here!!!:lol:

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users