• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 STEPHEN11

STEPHEN11
  • Forum Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:40 AM

hi all
just got a supersonic off e-bay and the lines that are with it are 50lb lines am i right in thinking that these are wrong for it. as i have a shockwave and that has 90lb lines.
i would like to use longer lines as will as the standtard ones, dose any one know where in the uk i can buy 150ib by 120ft lines from.

#2 AldenMiler

AldenMiler

Bazzer P Wannabe

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:43 AM

hi all
just got a supersonic off e-bay and the lines that are with it are 50lb lines am i right in thinking that these are wrong for it. as i have a shockwave and that has 90lb lines.
i would like to use longer lines as will as the standtard ones, dose any one know where in the uk i can buy 150ib by 120ft lines from.

I think my Supersonic came with 150lb lines. I think you would quickly hear a snapping sound if you flew with 50lb lines.

-Alden
"Don't go in there!" RC

#3 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:44 AM

I would agree. Factory suggests minimum of 150lb line for both the sonic and the shockwave. 90lb will work unless you fly it in the stronger wind ranges, then I would be very worried. I fly both my Sonic and Shockwave on 200lb line - but normally I don't fly these kites unless the winds are above 10mph. For lighter/floatier flying, 90lb would work.

120ft x 150lb may be a bit difficult to find, but we have 150lb x 100 ft lines in stock and can custom make you a 120ft set if you need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users