Photo

Looking for a flying place in Portland, OR.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

Calling all family - Do any of you know of a good place to fly in the Newburg area?? Skyhook lives in McMinville and I'm in Clackamas, we'd like to find someplace close to the middle!!:) We've met at a park in Sherwood, but space is limited, and we'd like to invite others to join in on the fun!! :lol: So, we're looking for a good sized place, open to the wind, decent parking, and possibly facilities, to fly at!!! Anyplace like that exist in that area???:wacko:

Moved this question to it's own new topic!!:) HELP!!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#2 kitefantex

kitefantex

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:02 AM

Go to Google Earth and put in your address. Zoom in and out looking for an open area between the two of you or close.

Kitefantex aka Gumby

#3 katrina

katrina

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:22 AM

I asked a friend of mine who grew up in Newberg. I asked for a big open space without a bunch of trees to mess up the wind. The problem in Newberg is going to be trees. Lots of them. :kid_brooding: She couldn't think of any place without them. She did suggest looking into Bald Peak State Park, which is north of Newberg. She said it's always windy up there, and it's a west-facing slope. Good luck to you!

Just pretend all my statements are prefaced with IIRC, AFAIK, IMHO, and end with "Just my $.02," okay?
(And stop asking for cookies, all you new darkside converts! It was all just a ruse to get you here!)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:33 PM

Thanks Katrina, was looking for a place that was central to Skyhook and myself!! I'll check it out!!:)

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users