22 replies to this topic

#21 sirrom

sirrom

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:07 PM

It is nice to have an assortment of frames that you can switch to match your flying skill and the wind conditions!!:) Nothing wrong with using a little bit stronger frame, if that's what makes you comfortable!!!:) I don't have a set of "greenies" yet, but I use all the frames I have to suit wind conditions!!:) There's lots of opinions that rods like the original RR can take more abuse than thought, but I agree, use the frame you're happy with!! Confidence in your equipment will let you take it closer to the edge!!!:w00t:

I agree Wayne. I used the Green RR in my new Vented Bazzer Eyes with the wind at 8mph and they were great. The sail loaded up just fine. I actually can't wait for some higher winds to test them out :)

1-1-2011 Vented Bazzer Eyes (13).JPG
BRETT
(Formerly sirrom2000)
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#22 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:54 AM

I feel that this is the advantage of having several frame sets!! Just because you've chosen a vented kite doesn't mean you're limited to 3 or 4 wrap frames!!:kid_smartass: You can fly vents in very low winds with the proper frame in it!!:kid_content: The rods are so strong, try different frames and see what works for you in your wind conditions!!!:) If you don't try 'em, you'll never know!!!:)

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#23 tommylurvebus

tommylurvebus

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:55 PM

Race Rod greenies Mid Vent 8 to 12mph. SMooooooth .
tommy harrison

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users