22 replies to this topic

#1 hyzakite

hyzakite

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:11 AM

When I recently joined the Rev forum I hastly added info by filling in blanks, my user name HYZAKITE was too big and I've tried for 2 days to changes it to Hyzakite with no luck in finding the right place to change it. Is it possible for me to change it?

Also in Profile/Change Profile Information i did try Change Avatar and it worked, however above Change Avatar is Change Photo I tried Change Photo but it doesn't work for me though it uses the same steps as Change Avatar, is it me or the system that this feature isn't working?

One more question, When I view my profile I can see my first and last name, is this something that I only see as view others profiles I do not see first and last names?

#2 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:39 AM

i didn't see anything I wasn't supposed to when I clicked on your link.... you are safely obscure to us all!

#3 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:25 AM

When I recently joined the Rev forum I hastly added info by filling in blanks, my user name HYZAKITE was too big and I've tried for 2 days to changes it to Hyzakite with no luck in finding the right place to change it. Is it possible for me to change it?

Also in Profile/Change Profile Information i did try Change Avatar and it worked, however above Change Avatar is Change Photo I tried Change Photo but it doesn't work for me though it uses the same steps as Change Avatar, is it me or the system that this feature isn't working?

One more question, When I view my profile I can see my first and last name, is this something that I only see as view others profiles I do not see first and last names?

If I recall right you can't change your user name until you have created x amount of messages. However an administrator can change it.
When adding an Avatar you do have a limit on the size. Pay attention to any errors messages on uploading.
Normal users can not see your entered first and last name, but you can and the administrators can. Seems to me you can specify yes or no for users.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#4 hyzakite

hyzakite

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:35 AM

If I recall right you can't change your user name until you have created x amount of messages. However an administrator can change it.
When adding an Avatar you do have a limit on the size. Pay attention to any errors messages on uploading.
Normal users can not see your entered first and last name, but you can and the administrators can. Seems to me you can specify yes or no for users.

Oh great, Then you can change it for me to Hyzakite.

What about Change Picture just above Change Avatar, the Change Avatar works ok for me, but the Change Picture doesn't work for me.

#5 hyzakite

hyzakite

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:10 PM

I see now, the avatar I want to use will automatically downsize to fit, but the picture I want to use in my profile needs to be a smaller picture to begin with because it won't downsize to fit. So all is ok now that I understand how it works.

#6 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:23 PM

Would you still like your username CAPS changed? :)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#7 hyzakite

hyzakite

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

Would you still like your username CAPS changed? Posted Image

Yes if someone can do that, unless I knew the x in the amount of messages I have to create before I can change it on my own isn't too far in the future. If it's only x=10 messages created to change it, I can do that in 5 minutes. Seems like there's always an x-factor in the way! My normal is x=brickwall,,,

#8 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:43 PM

I haven't looked recently however the number I seem to recall is around 500.
Your Display name has been changed to hyzakite. Is this correct?

John M

International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

#9 hyzakite

hyzakite

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:21 PM

John M

looks great to me!!! thanks

mike

#10 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:47 PM

John M

Hi John, it might be that Mike is being polite, him being new to the Forun and all that. Or it might be that he is happy now and I am just butting in where I am not needed.

However, in his first post he did say he would like his display name to be Hyzakite with the capital H.

Mike, do please shout up, I am sure John will change it again for you if you would like.

Importand to get the little things right, then the big things will take care of themselves. :)

#11 hyzakite

hyzakite

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:06 AM

Hi John, it might be that Mike is being polite, him being new to the Forun and all that. Or it might be that he is happy now and I am just butting in where I am not needed.

However, in his first post he did say he would like his display name to be Hyzakite with the capital H.

Mike, do please shout up, I am sure John will change it again for you if you would like.

Importand to get the little things right, then the big things will take care of themselves. Posted Image

shhhh, everything is fine, I've had 3 welcomes to the "DARK SIDE" at this pace the Black Hole can't be too far away. Posted Image

#12 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:37 AM

I'll change your name to anything you want as long as it is reasonable, acceptable others and not profane.

#13 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:10 AM

Maybe a contest to pick a name for Mike?

He could supply the prize. Sounds like he has enough kites to offer a really good prize... Posted Image

Bart

#14 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:12 AM

Maybe a contest to pick a name for Mike?

He could supply the prize. Sounds like he has enough kites to offer a really good prize... :kid_devlish:

Bart

Sounds good to me .........:kid_devlish:

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#15 hyzakite

hyzakite

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:17 AM

Now wait a minute, Who! supplies the prize? How did it get from changing from caps to lower case to grand prizes giveaways in one request Posted Image

#16 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:20 AM

Now wait a minute, Who! supplies the prize? How did it get from changing from caps to lower case to grand prizes giveaways in one request Posted Image

That's what happens to you on this forum!!:kid_devlish: All in fun, and having plenty of it!!!:kid_smartass:

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#17 hyzakite

hyzakite

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:05 AM

That's what happens to you on this forum!!Posted Image All in fun, and having plenty of it!!!Posted Image

you know the ol' saying "it's all fun n games 'til someone gets knocked
up
down
or out
Posted Image

#18 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:06 PM

Good, now that we are all in agreement, Mike please post a photo of the prize package and we will all start with the name calling. Of course Mike will have to excuse himself from winning any prize. That just wouldn't be fair to the rest of us.

Bart

#19 hyzakite

hyzakite

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:22 PM

I'm so indecisive, this could take weeks, months, even years.Posted Image

#20 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:01 PM

Okay then, "Indecisive"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users