Photo

2011 wishlist

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_plod38_*

Guest_plod38_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:02 AM

I have an solution to that problem though ... I believe there are some nice gentleman on the other side of your pond who can print pretty much whatever you want onto a Rev Posted Image

If it's not an option already, then what about plain revs, specifically for people to get printed or painted? (i'm new, so don't know whether that is available already?)

#22 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:06 PM

My guess is the purpose would be to enhance the little bugger with the sail updates from the B series to make it smoother and prettier than it's present incarnation. Enhance the stability and precision, keep the speed, make it prettier and a general refresh all add up to a boost to sales for that model Posted Image

Perhaps some handles sized and shaped specifically for the size and 2 frames (race + something) and it sounds like a good idea to me. I don't get monster winds often enough to justify the cost of a Bazzer made Rev (Xtra Vent), but a factory made Rev II vented could make a welcome addition to my bag for those days.

Back in the late '90s, they came with 9" handles, now they have 11"! :) The graphics and frame options sound good, so do the sail mods, but didn't they just change sail colors to match the SLE colors! :wacko: And they do make a vented Rev 2!! Don't know the complete color options available!! I haven't flown any of the speed or power series yet, so maybe there is more to do over there!!:)

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#23 Jynx

Jynx

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Location:West Allis (Milwaukee) WI ...and... New Smyrna Beach FL winters

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:16 PM

Oh, just thought of another thing I would like to see come out of Rev in the New Year.

Ben with a good pair of feet.

Hope everyone has a good Christmas.

Good One! The best wish I've heard on this stream!

May Ben, and all, have a healthy and happy holiday and the very best in the New Year!

"When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power,

then there will be peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#24 Scott_of_melnsct

Scott_of_melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:20 PM

Good One! The best wish I've heard on this stream!

May Ben, and all, have a healthy and happy holiday and the very best in the New Year!

what they said
Scott A Koenig
Founding member: Tennessee Wind Militia
"We muster to fly at a moment's notice"

#25 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:41 AM

@Wayne
I think the SLE look on the rev ii doesn't look that great, but that could just be my opinion. As far as I know, the vented version uses the older pattern - Segwick style. You know how we all like our matching sets and that just don't match. The B pattern would allow vented and non vented to match as well as allow us to have matching Zens, 1.5 and 2's. The speed and power series are indeed another animal and rightfully deserve their own separate category.

@everyone else
I don't think we'll find a single person who doesn't want Ben back up and running :)

#26 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:24 AM

I actually like the older single color Rev 2s!! I know they don't match any other kites, but the single color is soooo clean!!:kid_smartass:

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#27 Stephen Hoath

Stephen Hoath

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:29 AM

NOT gonna happen ... he has heart failure every time I make that suggestion.
I have an solution to that problem though ... I believe there are some nice gentleman on the other side of your pond who can print pretty much whatever you want onto a Rev Posted Image

OK Baz, here's what we do. We take a picture of my Dragon Rev flying and then get Los Hermanos to print that onto a Rev. Job done, i'm sure that Bazzer wouldn't mind at all!!!! :ani_whistling:

Stephen Hoath

<a href="http://www.baidesign.net" rel="nofollow">Bai Design</a>

cappalatte-150x90.jpg

#28 BAZ

BAZ

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:48 AM

OK Baz, here's what we do. We take a picture of my Dragon Rev flying and then get Los Hermanos to print that onto a Rev. Job done, i'm sure that Bazzer wouldn't mind at all!!!! Posted Image

Its a very good idea
........................and
i will have to have a real good think again about it (I had had the same thought believe it or not)
thing is it just wouldnt be the same would it...................

Maker of the ULTRA NO SNAG HANDLES

BAZ

ani_victory.gif

#29 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:03 AM

No it wouldn't be the same, but thats the only way you or I will ever have one. If he does complain just ask him to make one instead Posted Image

#30 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:10 AM

I have another product wish for the Rev factory ... an outdoor version of my indoor frame.

That indoor rev must be sprinkled with some fairy dust or something because it just flies in nothing at all, seemingly against the laws of physics. I do find myself, from time to time, faced with such a lack of wind that my measly skill level will struggle even with my Zen. This afternoon was just such a day, so I gingerly put up my indoor on 5' lines in the shadow of my house and it was a joy to fly. I occasionally let it creep to where I could catch a feint sniff of wind and what a lovely machine it was.

Perhaps a green version of the indoor race rods would be what the doctor ordered so that I could take it out of the wind shadow and not be afraid of a sudden gust exploding my poor rev. I know the leading edge and sail are not made for things tougher than a basketball court, but I have enough skill now to not be dragging it around.

So pretty please can the Rev elves get to knocking out a vented Blast and an outdoor frame for my Indoor Rev to go along with the B2 Posted Image

#31 Scott_of_melnsct

Scott_of_melnsct

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 09:42 AM

I have another product wish for the Rev factory ... an outdoor version of my indoor frame.

That indoor rev must be sprinkled with some fairy dust or something because it just flies in nothing at all, seemingly against the laws of physics. I do find myself, from time to time, faced with such a lack of wind that my measly skill level will struggle even with my Zen. This afternoon was just such a day, so I gingerly put up my indoor on 5' lines in the shadow of my house and it was a joy to fly. I occasionally let it creep to where I could catch a feint sniff of wind and what a lovely machine it was.

Perhaps a green version of the indoor race rods would be what the doctor ordered so that I could take it out of the wind shadow and not be afraid of a sudden gust exploding my poor rev. I know the leading edge and sail are not made for things tougher than a basketball court, but I have enough skill now to not be dragging it around.

So pretty please can the Rev elves get to knocking out a vented Blast and an outdoor frame for my Indoor Rev to go along with the B2 Posted Image

the reason your indoor frame is in danger in the wind is mostly because there is no bridal to spread the load across the leading edge. That being said, bypassing the bridal on any rev will lower it's need for wind, but at a price of being twitchy.

what length lines were you not flying your Zen on? Shorter lines are easier in lower wind that longer lines are.
Scott A Koenig
Founding member: Tennessee Wind Militia
"We muster to fly at a moment's notice"

#32 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:31 PM

the reason your indoor frame is in danger in the wind is mostly because there is no bridal to spread the load across the leading edge. That being said, bypassing the bridal on any rev will lower it's need for wind, but at a price of being twitchy.

what length lines were you not flying your Zen on? Shorter lines are easier in lower wind that longer lines are.

That's very interesting, I hadn't thought of that. How much of a difference does it make in terms of low wind ease of keeping it in the air as well as increased risk?

I've read some old posts about people trying rev 2 without bridle and race frame for indoors and low wind outdoors, but never really saw any conclusions.

I've taken my Zen down to 12' lines but I'm not skilled enough to get the snappynes into it for such a small window. Longer than that I've had it on 30, 50 and 80' lines. I've just switched to a race frame so will have to evaluate again.

#33 Kitelife

Kitelife

Forum Guru

• Forum Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:17 PM

My guess is the purpose would be to enhance the little bugger with the sail updates from the B series to make it smoother and prettier than it's present incarnation. Enhance the stability and precision, keep the speed, make it prettier and a general refresh all add up to a boost to sales for that model Posted Image

Perhaps some handles sized and shaped specifically for the size and 2 frames (race + something) and it sounds like a good idea to me. I don't get monster winds often enough to justify the cost of a Bazzer made Rev (Xtra Vent), but a factory made Rev II vented could make a welcome addition to my bag for those days.

In addition to the sail cut refinements that come with the B, the B-2 is coming with Race rods and 11" handles with leaders, all recommended with 50# line in most reasonable conditions.

Still in the mill, but it may also come with a 2nd frame set.

Trick is, the Rev II has always been a fun little kite, but with the straighter leading edge and normal cut, it's been a bit LE dominant in flight style.

The B-2 goal is to bring the B-Series performance to a smaller package... Enhanced precision and handling, but faster and even more agile. ;)

John Barresi

johnbarresi.com | kitelife.com | learnkites.com | teamiquad.comkitemap.org
youtube.com/kitelife | facebook.com/kitelifemagazine | KiteLife on Google+

President - American Kitefliers Association

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
(found in a fortune cookie - possibly an Einstein quote)

My full list of kite articles - kitelife.com/author/john-barresi

Please reward posts that are helpful, give positive reputation by clicking on "Like This" button on the right side of each post.

#34 ahofer

ahofer

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:38 AM

I'm not sure what products these imply, but here are some of the silly inconveniences i encounter-

I like to wrap my handles to the lines. Then they dont fit in the pouches on the individual kite sleeves. The supersonic sleeve is a little better.

I don't have a compact bag to hold three kites (full,mid,std) plus handles, spare frame and a few lengths of line.

Like most addicts, I fly sometimes until it's dark, then I wrap up my kites and the vertical spars slide out of the rolled up kite while I wind back to the staked handles. There is goose crap where they dropped, of course.

The rods could be marked a little better, for similar reasons.

Ever wonder whether bungee-tightening could be made easier? Those knots are a bear, and its hard to get the exact tightening you want.

Personalized kites would probably be a big seller.

How about offering matched sets (vents and STD) as a package?

Personally, I think the super leading edge is useless.
When I was young, my bologna had a first name. Now my bodywash has an "Objective".

#35 hyzakite

hyzakite

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:33 AM

New to this site i didn't know where to say hi to everyone, But new for 2011, I would like to see the B2 added to the colorizer, twins are nice, but triplets would make for a cool progressive stack. Hi all.

#36 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:08 AM

New to this site i didn't know where to say hi to everyone, But new for 2011, I would like to see the B2 added to the colorizer, twins are nice, but triplets would make for a cool progressive stack. Hi all.

WELCOME to the dark side!

I don't really see any urgent need for the B2 to have it's own colorizer seeing as it has the same panel layout as the other B's.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#37 hyzakite

hyzakite

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:48 AM

WELCOME to the dark side!

I don't really see any urgent need for the B2 to have it's own colorizer seeing as it has the same panel layout as the other B's.

John thanks for finishing my registeration this morning, i only suggested the b2 for a match to my zen and b pro colors, which probably wouldn't make a good progressive stack anyways, but 3 of a kind would still look cool.

#38 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:05 AM

John thanks for finishing my registeration this morning, i only suggested the b2 for a match to my zen and b pro colors, which probably wouldn't make a good progressive stack anyways, but 3 of a kind would still look cool.

I don't thing they are really intend as stack kites, however they would look very nice together.
I suspect the B2 won't be a pro at first, probably later if there is demand.

These are my personal opinions, I am not a Revolution employee, thus I don't have the inside information to confirm anything.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#39 Aerochic

Aerochic

Revadelic

• Forum Member
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:19 AM

I would love to see a redesign of the Rev Kite Bag. Something to hold 4 basic sails, 2 sets of handles, a stake, and maybe 2-3 linesets. I confess that I'm not a fan of the roll up bag. Personally, I thought Jynx's home made bag hits the nail on the head in a lot of ways.

Better Living Through Rev Flying...

Rev Themed Ts & Goodies: http://www.zazzle.co...ckarts/clothing
Aerostakes: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeshockArts
Rev Galleries: http://www.revkites....=user&user=1408
Flickr Pics: http://www.flickr.co...s/16896184@N05/

#40 Vince

Vince

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:32 AM

My 2011 is simple. Its not for a new sail, spars or handles - although they would all be welcome. It is simply to fly revs with friends old and new.

Merry Christmas
Vince

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users