54 replies to this topic

#1 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:10 AM

So what would you like to see comming out of Rev next year and what are you planning to get?

Personally I think I'd like a vented Blast more than anything.

I'm planning on looking into the Rev II / B2 side of things next year for a high wind toy. I love my Prism Micron dual line reflex tester, but I'm way better with 4 lines than 2 so a small rev in standard and vented are something I'm looking at.

So what would the rest of you like outta Rev ?

#2 Lolly

Lolly

Revolution Kites

• Forum Admin
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:42 AM

Hi-

Love this Topic !!! Great timing for 2011.

Make a Wish List flyers.

I will be watching.

Wishing you all the Merriest of Christmas', and a Wonderful New Year, and Happy Holidays for all our family.

Lolly
Lolly Hadzicki-Ryno
Revolution Kites

#3 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:24 AM

I'm going to skip letters to Santa and go straight to the source. Looking for 3 new kites, but they won't make it before Christmas. The order will though!

Bart

#4 mbro

mbro

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:38 AM

My wish??? B-series standard, aqua and black, race frame. pretty simple I know! But thats what I wish!!!!!
Michael
"But now, we are free. We are up; we are off..."

#5 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:52 AM

Well, I wish for some better colors on the Supersonics and Shockwaves. :) I think a vented Blast would be received a lot better than a Rev II. And for the ultimate wish list....a Masterpiece 4-8!!!! he he he he he....

#6 Guest_plod38_*

Guest_plod38_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:36 AM

Just curious, I have just bought a SUL, but why isn't it offered as a B series? Probably a simple reason, and may have been answered before, but as a new member..............

I do fancy a Blast, but more colour options would be nice, especially if I could get one in Lime and Black to match my B series kites

#7 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:20 PM

Well, I wish for some better colors on the Supersonics and Shockwaves. :) I think a vented Blast would be received a lot better than a Rev II. And for the ultimate wish list....a Masterpiece 4-8!!!! he he he he he....

Totally agree about the sonic and shockwave needing some prettying up ... there isn't a single current color choice I like.

I'm still not sure I would like one seeing as how I have a number of B's and Blasts, but the present colors is certainly something holding me back from trying one. I'd have to check again, but when I looked at the DVD that came with my Blast I recall wondering why the shockwave and sonic had a more complicated bridle than the Blast.

I still don't think i'll get into the power revs, but you got the right idea - if you're going to dream then you may as well dream big. Make it a Bazzer dragon masterpiece 4-8 and we have a winner. Unfortunately that will likely send the poor man into a breakdown at the mere thought of it.

I'm trying to think what other products I'd like rev to make... Anyone else for a vented blast???

#8 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:41 PM

Wouldn't a Rev 2 sized "B" series be a contradiction of intent??!!Posted Image If the Rev 2 design is for speed, not precision, then what is the purpose of trying to make them more precise?? Aren't there enough choices in the 1.5 series to keep us happy??:wacko: I happen to like the differences in the designs, use the right kite to fill the daily need!!:) IMHO!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#9 nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:55 PM

A new frame for my B series... oh hold it you mean what I want to see rev do this year, Other then flourish even more, there isn't much i could think of that the capable staff at Rev can do on their own.

Danny

#10 Andy S.

Andy S.

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:40 PM

I'd love to see the standard and vented B-Series Revs made available with with black centres.....Gold ones, in particular would be good! ;)

All the best
Andy S.
PS - I'd like to see a different graphic on the Blast 4~8.....The stealth bomber thing doesn't light my candle at all. :huh:

Attached Thumbnails

• Full-Sail.jpg
  • Full-Vent.jpg

Edited by Andy S., 14 December 2010 - 06:44 PM.

#11 jburka

jburka

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:45 PM

Just curious, I have just bought a SUL, but why isn't it offered as a B series?

Because there's not much weight difference between a standard B and an SUL -- polyester sails, 2-wrap frames.

#12 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:50 PM

Masterpiece 4-8!!!! he he he he he....

Why not go one step further and ask for a 6-12 :kid_devlish:

#13 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:52 PM

I'm trying to think what other products I'd like rev to make... Anyone else for a vented blast???

I have a Vented Blast, it is great fun, highly reccomended.

Becomes a precision kite in lower winds, still ripping fast in higher winds, just you can stand your ground a bit more. B)

#14 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:55 PM

Oh, just thought of another thing I would like to see come out of Rev in the New Year.

Ben with a good pair of feet.

Hope everyone has a good Christmas.

#15 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

Wouldn't a Rev 2 sized "B" series be a contradiction of intent??!!Posted Image If the Rev 2 design is for speed, not precision, then what is the purpose of trying to make them more precise??

My guess is the purpose would be to enhance the little bugger with the sail updates from the B series to make it smoother and prettier than it's present incarnation. Enhance the stability and precision, keep the speed, make it prettier and a general refresh all add up to a boost to sales for that model Posted Image

Perhaps some handles sized and shaped specifically for the size and 2 frames (race + something) and it sounds like a good idea to me. I don't get monster winds often enough to justify the cost of a Bazzer made Rev (Xtra Vent), but a factory made Rev II vented could make a welcome addition to my bag for those days.

#16 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:20 PM

I have a Vented Blast, it is great fun, highly reccomended.

Becomes a precision kite in lower winds, still ripping fast in higher winds, just you can stand your ground a bit more. Posted Image

I fly power kites, I don't mind the pull, I just want to be able to take it into even higher winds Posted Image

#17 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:19 AM

Because there's not much weight difference between a standard B and an SUL -- polyester sails, 2-wrap frames.

Bazzer will make your B-series Pro as an SUL if you order it that way, any of the configurations. Be patient and get what you want, maybe a nice Valentine's Day present?

#18 BAZ

BAZ

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:58 AM

This is an easy one
A Bazzer Dragon Masterpiece Rev

Maker of the ULTRA NO SNAG HANDLES

BAZ

ani_victory.gif

#19 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:04 AM

NOT gonna happen ... he has heart failure every time I make that suggestion.
I have an solution to that problem though ... I believe there are some nice gentleman on the other side of your pond who can print pretty much whatever you want onto a Rev Posted Image

#20 BAZ

BAZ

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:23 AM

NOT gonna happen ... he has heart failure every time I make that suggestion.
I have an solution to that problem though ... I believe there are some nice gentleman on the other side of your pond who can print pretty much whatever you want onto a Rev Posted Image

it wouldnt be the same as a Bazzer Masterpiece

Maker of the ULTRA NO SNAG HANDLES

BAZ

ani_victory.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users