7 replies to this topic

#1 stevepigeon

stevepigeon

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:50 AM

Calling on all Rev Flyers in the Florida area!! Sunset Flyers Summer Festival is June 30th, Sand Key Park, Clearwater Florida.
We would love to get as many Revs in the air!!! There will be a Rev school. We invite you to come and fly with us in the demo field just showing simple manuvors as a team. If you can make it it would be great! Hope to see the skies filled with Revs and of course lots of Red, White and Blue the theme of the festival. For info you can email us at Sunsetflyers@msn.com
Steve & Sherri

#2 MrDenny

MrDenny

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:54 AM

Calling on all Rev Flyers in the Florida area!! Sunset Flyers Summer Festival is June 30th, Sand Key Park, Clearwater Florida.
We would love to get as many Revs in the air!!! There will be a Rev school. We invite you to come and fly with us in the demo field just showing simple manuvors as a team. If you can make it it would be great! Hope to see the skies filled with Revs and of course lots of Red, White and Blue the theme of the festival. For info you can email us at Sunsetflyers@msn.com

I will do my best to be there, with a R/W/B Rev for any wind. If you have anyone there that can fly a Blast with out embarrassing themselves I will bring a R/W/B Blast for them to fly too(I will learn one day). Here is my little heard of Revs made for your theme

Posted Image

Denny #12

.. .

Posted Image

#3 stevepigeon

stevepigeon

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:35 AM

I will do my best to be there, with a R/W/B Rev for any wind. If you have anyone there that can fly a Blast with out embarrassing themselves I will bring a R/W/B Blast for them to fly too(I will learn one day). Here is my little heard of Revs made for your theme

Posted Image

Thanks Denny. We're also doing a mass assention in Red white and blue as well. Look forward to seeing you there
Steve & Sherri

#4 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 05:58 AM

denny flying the blast is real eazy you just have to get use to the harder pull.. its a big step from the lighter pulling 1.5 kites i got minw down in 1 day . floating it and doin sideflies are so nice with the blast its a real good kite fpr light winds.. for how big it is it will suprize you
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#5 MrDenny

MrDenny

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:59 AM

denny flying the blast is real eazy you just have to get use to the harder pull.. its a big step from the lighter pulling 1.5 kites i got minw down in 1 day . floating it and doin sideflies are so nice with the blast its a real good kite fpr light winds.. for how big it is it will suprize you

If I remember right my big problem was it would loose air and either fall out of the sky or dive right at me. :angry: It was moving too fast to walk back and recatch the wind. I admit this was years ago and I was much more of a novist at Revs. I will have to try again. The Sunset Flyers Summer Festival will be a good time to take it out. With more Rev flyers, someone there can give me pointers, fly it, or we can all crash it taking turns at the walk of shame. Either way it will be fun. :lol:

Denny #12

.. .

Posted Image

#6 antman

antman

king of wildwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 08:35 AM

denny a few key things to remember with the blast

1 the kite has a curled LE ideal for floating.. whien you float the kite you have to start from 1 side left or right and thats the side you hold the float in if you dont the kite will fall out of the sky or just fall out of the float

2 holding the float gets eazier each time you do it and the better you get at it youll notice that you can hold it completly flat and you can float it from all diffrent heights i like doin it only inches from the ground its wso sick to watch

3 the float is best with a 1 to 3 mph wind to your back with those breezes you can hold the float for long peroids of time the best way to practice the float is a 3 to 5 wind that way the kite will float eazier and youll be able to see how to control it

4 last when you do float the kite keep in mind how much you slack the lines . too much and youll loss total control of the kite not enough and you wont float it at all.. remember as you learn the float youll know as you slack the lines how much slack youll need to keep control of the kite

another thing to do is the sideslides these are fun to do in a wind that 5 to 15 mph youll be able to do these just do them like you would on your 1.5 only the blast slides will be much faster
GOD PUT ME HERE. TO ENJOY THE WINDS

#7 stevepigeon

stevepigeon

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:55 PM

Thanks to all the Rev flyers that came out to the festival. We had great winds!! There were lots of Revs of up in the sky. Thanks again to those who travled to join us.
Steve & Sherri

#8 MrDenny

MrDenny

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 02:53 PM

Thanks to all the Rev flyers that came out to the festival. We had great winds!! There were lots of Revs of up in the sky. Thanks again to those who travled to join us.

I just glad that I learned about it here on the forum. I had a great time. The West coast is fantastic. I used to tell people that were going to Orlando to be sure to come to the East coast now I am not so sure. You srue have great big beaches. Gerat for Rev flying! :P

Denny #12

.. .

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users