• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Taihapemike

Taihapemike
  • Forum Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:29 AM

Hi all!

Look , I know I'm going to be told to pop down to my local rev retailer and get some from the folks there but...

I live in new zealand - it a 4 hour international flight to anywhere from here! If any retailers are reading this and would like to help this kiwi to no longer be flightless I would be grateful

here is a list of things that can be use as spars if you are on a small southern ocean island with out parts...
8mm Ali tube ( just don't!)
Bamboo( better than you would think)
Carbon fibre fishing rod blanks ( you can choose you own amount of wraps)
Wooden dowel ( now THIS teaches you how to land soft!)
Fiberglass fence standards ( if you hold the brakes in just the right place it will osolate at about 100hz)
Car aerials ( for vert spars only- but they do pack down by themselves if you reverse into the ground)
Plywood ( needs a bit of wind)
Plastic electrical conduit

So please sell me some spars so I can stop abusing this poor old rev 1

Cheers mike

#2 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:12 AM

Think your cheapest option is to mail order them on the internet. Not sure where the closest place to you would be though.

Of course you could always book a holliday to the US or anywnere that has more Kite shops. Could buy LOADs of stuff then.

Best of luck.

#3 Guest_plod38_*

Guest_plod38_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:26 AM

From the retailers section, of the rev site, there is one listed for New Zealand

http://www.kites-rai...nz/kiteshop.htm

#4 Lolly

Lolly

Revolution Kites

• Forum Admin
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:27 AM

Think your cheapest option is to mail order them on the internet. Not sure where the closest place to you would be though.

Of course you could always book a holliday to the US or anywnere that has more Kite shops. Could buy LOADs of stuff then.

Best of luck.

Lolly Hadzicki-Ryno
Revolution Kites

#5 Lolly

Lolly

Revolution Kites

• Forum Admin
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:36 AM

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your list of replacement suggestion/ options along with their respective specs.
Webmaster- can you please add this to our information page :blink:

I see you need a Rev 1 part. The part is $16.00
The shipping is the killer.
May I suggest you order a couple extra parts, and sell them on the kite black market in New Zealand to pay for the shipping cost.

I sent you a PM. Mike.
Talk with you soon,
Lolly
Lolly Hadzicki-Ryno
Revolution Kites

#6 Taihapemike

Taihapemike
  • Forum Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:06 AM

Thank everyone
I've had no reply from the listed nz agent
I have a old rev 1 (t300 in yellow and pink!) I thought I would just get 2 complete sets of spars . One set tough/ one set light.
Would that be SLE and 3wrap?

M

#7 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:55 AM

You could do worse than go for a Race frame, most easily described as a frame with the weight of a 2 wrap (about) with the strength of a 3 wrap (about) it is quite a "snappy" frame to use, by that I dont mean it will snap easily, just that it snaps back to shape quickly.

I love the Race frame in my Rev 1 on fairly short (50ft) lines.

Then go for a heavier frame too as you suggested. I have not tried SLE in a Rev 1, I also have one of the old High Modulus 300 frames which seems fairly strong, not sure what "wrap" it would be.

Anyway it looks like Lolly is on the case. She will help sort you out. Best of luck.

#8 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:24 PM

If your dealing with Lolly, your directly with the Rev factory and can't go wrong. We have replacement spars in stock as well and we do ship world wide. As said, the international shipping costs are a killer. You will probably end up paying more for the shipping than what a couple rods will cost. The shipping costs will be the same if you order one rod or 10 though, so if you decide to have them shipped into you I would suggest ordering in plenty extras.

#9 Taihapemike

Taihapemike
  • Forum Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:21 AM

I've also been thinking... It costs the same to ship a vented rev 1 and some more spars so it would be wasting money to not get a new kite with my spar order ;)

And can anyone tell me where I find this forums search function if I'm viewing on a iPod touch?

#10 --Pete

--Pete

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:45 AM

Upper right corner of page has a Search Box; just to the right of the box is a link to Advanced (advanced search).
--Pete
(sesquipedalian man)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users