• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 STEPHEN11

STEPHEN11
  • Forum Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:20 PM

HI ALL
just got a Posted Image new shockwave to day with 90ib and 80ft long+13" handles.
here is like would like to know what is the diff between 13" and the 15" handles +is 90ib line good for the shockwave or do i need to get some better lines for it.
thank you all very much in adv stephen
Posted Image

#2 STEPHEN11

STEPHEN11
  • Forum Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:10 PM

hi
forgot to ask i have some 120 ft lines at 90ib is this ok for the exp and the full vented rev or do i need to up grade these.

thanks all stephen

Edited by STEPHEN11, 03 November 2010 - 05:11 PM.

#3 awindofchange

awindofchange

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:49 PM

The difference between the 13" and 15" handles...two inches. :) Actually, the longer handles give you more overall control of the kite. This is not always the best thing as longer handles can lead to over-correction which will cause one side of the wing to flap over backwards. Basically giving too much brake pull when only a little is preferred. Normally the 15" handles are used for light wind flying where the extra sensitive control is preferred and the wind is light enough to not cause the major over correction.

The Sonic is super fast and very responsive when flown in the higher wind ranges. Putting that kite on 15" handles would probably make it even harder to control and super sensitive. I wouldn't recommend it. Normally the 13" handles are the biggest you would want to go and even the 11" handles can be preferred by some.

90# line is plenty strong enough for your EXP and the full vented, but for your Sonic I wouldn't use it unless the winds are under 10mph. The Sonic can pull plenty hard and will power up in a second which can snap 90# line fairly easy. I would recommend at minimum 150# line and would probably prefer 200# line if flying in the stronger winds (above 13+ mph ranges).

Hope that helps.

#4 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:27 AM

Sound advice from Kent, as usual.

For the 1.5 type (SLE, EXP, B etc.) 90lb lines are good for most wind conditions. If you are finding it difficult to stand up in go for 150lb lines.

I dont currently have a Shockwave however fly my blast on 90lb in a breeze, go over to 150 if it picks up a bit. Then the vented Blast, then vented B to relax with. :)

Hope you enjoy SPEED and PULL cuz that is what you will get in a dacent wind with the Shockwave. It looks to have a small area, however it will pull your arms off if it gets a chance.

Let us know how you get on, if you can still manage to type that is. :kid_devlish:

#5 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:40 AM

Never flown a speed series Rev, but I'm telling you my 1.5 SUL just loves the 15" handles I got with it!!:kid_content: Pretty much use my 13" for everything else, but I still have my old 11" and the son's 9" handles just in case!! :lol: If you got any length handles, remember to change out the leaders to increase your differential from top to bottom lines!! :) All the 1.5 wings fly on 90# lines, unless you're determined to fly in a gale!! I've used my 150# sets for my Rev 1 when the wind is up or gusty!!:) I use a light wind set of 50'x50# if the conditions are right!!:lol:

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users