488 replies to this topic

#121 beach

beach

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

Hi Ben, think I mentioned now you are on your back for a while good chance for you to come up with some ideas :kid_devlish:

Then you will HAVE to come to Berck next year and show us :blue-cool: :blue_wink: :blue-grin: :blue-confused: :blue-sleepy: :blue-music: :blue-love: :kid_devlish: :blue-cool: :blue_wink: :blue-grin: :blue-confused: :blue-sleepy: :blue-music: :blue-love: :blue-love:

Simon don't start no trouble and there won't be nonePosted Image, me on my back I NEVERPosted Image....... As for ideas well my mind works a bit different than the rest of
of the planet so at time its hard for most to follow,Posted Image but I will give it some thought on on our next meeting...... Ben (whinge)Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#122 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:48 PM

Hi Ben, think I mentioned now you are on your back for a while good chance for you to come up with some ideas
Then you will HAVE to come to Berck next year and show us

I hope that everyone will feel able to suggest ideas. It is John who is translating into visuals which is the hard work.

Felix

#123 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:46 PM

Simon don't start no trouble and there won't be nonePosted Image, me on my back I NEVERPosted Image....... As for ideas well my mind works a bit different than the rest of
of the planet so at time its hard for most to follow,Posted Image but I will give it some thought on on our next meeting...... Ben (whinge)Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hey good to hear from you, Just missing you dude.  Keep well.

Hey sometimes new ideas work really well... Who ever thought of putting 4 lines on a kite ? That'll never work  :kid_devlish:

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#124 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:48 PM

Then we have four diamonds which could transform into pinwheels (left or right tips in), do a rotation, 180, reverse out and hit the traditional horizontal thread on the outward leg. On the return leg how about the dosey doe's (how should that be spelt...?) and then the next move <grins>

Great work John.

Thanks

Felix

You know this getting to be a bit of fun.
I think I will hang on variations of the Diamond for the next weeks. Next week in mind is the Diagonal thread which I seem to understand from some of your messages from last week. Then the four diamonds and variations there of you are mentioning above.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#125 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:34 PM

I am moving all the "Super 16" on to it's on web page at http://gyraphicdesign.com/Super16

This web page is extremely crude at this time. I guess there is not much expect with only 20 minutes work on it. I will clean it up as I take breaks from Flash and do a little bit of Dreamweavering. If you want to see some of my better web work, look at:
http://gyraphicdesign.com/imcp

There is also some inconsistencies between the animations such as page size and buttons sizes. This will also be corrected sometime soon.

International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

#126 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:49 PM

A prototype animation of the Diamond Diagonal is now available at:
http://gyraphicdesign.com/Super16
I visualize this to be rather difficult to call and execute from step 6 to the end.

#127 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:17 PM

A prototype animation of the Diamond Diagonal is now available at:
http://gyraphicdesign.com/Super16
I visualize this to be rather difficult to call and execute from step 6 to the end.

Hi John,

Everything looks OK except for the 'Felex' typo <grins>

What is the problem after step 6?

Felix

#128 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

Hi John,

Everything looks OK except for the 'Felex' typo <grins>

What is the problem after step 6?

Felix

Please excuse me for the typo in your name, it is now corrected.

OK, take step 6.
As team captain/caller, how would you call the turns so that the correct kite turns the correct amount in the direction they are each suppose to turn?

#129 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:41 PM

Please excuse me for the typo in your name, it is now corrected.

OK, take step 6.
As team captain/caller, how would you call the turns so that the correct kite turns the correct amount in the direction they are each suppose to turn?

How about "6" go.

If we/those that fly it practice this and watch your flash, then stick it should be OK.  Perhaps the music will be the key  :kid_devlish:

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#130 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:29 PM

How about "6" go.

If we/those that fly it practice this and watch your flash, then stick it should be OK.  Perhaps the music will be the key  :kid_devlish:

The way I am looking at this is that Super 16 probably does not fly together very often as teams would. Each person needs to know there position and what to do on "GO". The problem lies in whether you will always be in the same position when you fly this maneuver.

Maybe I making it a bit more complicated then it actually is, or am I?

Just wait until you see what I have coming up next! Maybe the prototype will be done later today. Then the question is whether this new idea is even possible in real life.

#131 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:50 PM

Just wait until you see what I have coming up next! Maybe the prototype will be done later today. Then the question is whether this new idea is even possible in real life.

My concept for the "Cross Thread" is now available at: http://gyraphicdesign.com/Super16
This one is for the teams to determine whether it is even possible.
I might suggest reducing down from 16 to 6 REVs with two pairs flying from the right and one pair flying up to see if this will even work.
I would appreciate feedback from teams so I can determine whether to continue with this concept or bin it.

#132 --Pete

--Pete

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:11 PM

I like the idea of calling routines like a square dance. Figures have standardized names and are concatenated into extended routines. Dope sheets are available at events to explain rare or new figures. Each person/position knows or can learn what is expected after hearing the name of the figure, and does it on the "Go".
--Pete
(sesquipedalian man)

#133 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:20 PM

I like the idea of calling routines like a square dance. Figures have standardized names and are concatenated into extended routines. Dope sheets are available at events to explain rare or new figures. Each person/position knows or can learn what is expected after hearing the name of the figure, and does it on the "Go".

Have you ever had a look at the Revolution team figures manual!
It is available on this forum.

#134 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:52 PM

Wow, Cross Thread looks scary, and I am not even a team flyer.

As for the different kite turns for the Diamonds, once a flyer has practiced the 2 basic positions, so that his kite is flying the 2 positions / directions in the grid that call for the opposite movements will this not enable them to fly at any point in the grid.

Or is it more complicated than that.

Once again, please excuse me if I am over simplifying the problem. As I said I dont fly team so may not understand the complexity.

#135 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:06 AM

Wow, Cross Thread looks scary, and I am not even a team flyer.

As for the different kite turns for the Diamonds, once a flyer has practiced the 2 basic positions, so that his kite is flying the 2 positions / directions in the grid that call for the opposite movements will this not enable them to fly at any point in the grid.

Or is it more complicated than that.

Once again, please excuse me if I am over simplifying the problem. As I said I dont fly team so may not understand the complexity.

Cross Thread is scary and certainly a notch up from the Sprocket. Great concept though. Thanks John!

I do not think that there is any great complexity in the Diamonds, just a shift in emphasis.

Felix

#136 --Pete

--Pete

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:31 AM

Have you ever had a look at the Revolution team figures manual!
It is available on this forum.

Yep; that is what suggested the idea of extending the system to grid flying. There are a LOT of showy evolutions or figures peculiar to grid flying that could be standardized, named, and be available as elements to be combined in extended routines made up on the spot by an experienced "Caller". I have seen good square dance callers who could extemporize and still end up with everyone back with their original partners, and in their original positions, at the end of the dance. (This would be similar to ending up with all wraps removed at the end of a grid routine.)

--Pete
(sesquipedalian man)

#137 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:20 AM

Yep; that is what suggested the idea of extending the system to grid flying. There are a LOT of showy evolutions or figures peculiar to grid flying that could be standardized, named, and be available as elements to be combined in extended routines made up on the spot by an experienced "Caller". I have seen good square dance callers who could extemporize and still end up with everyone back with their original partners, and in their original positions, at the end of the dance. (This would be similar to ending up with all wraps removed at the end of a grid routine.)

That pretty much sums up the objective of this thread. We are 'just' looking for the components, participants and leaders. It is early days yet but some of the elements are coming together. <grins>

Felix

#138 Simon

Simon

Rev Legend

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:12 PM

Cross Thread is scary and certainly a notch up from the Sprocket. Great concept though. Thanks John!

I do not think that there is any great complexity in the Diamonds, just a shift in emphasis.

Felix

Disclaimer !

I agree Felix, I think with the excellent work John is doing on the flash side, if those who coem to fly have seen the flash, will at least understand teh concept of where they or the figure is and where its going.

As these are 16's they can be broken down in to 2x8 or 4x4, both of these can be done pretty well just by The Decs & TFS.  (even if we use Super Sub - Stone in Shoe, plus the likes of Keith - good at position 1 in a line & Gee.  that gives us ? at Dunstable on any given Sunday, Then Decs have their "London" group so if we get organised we could do a 16 at almost any time.

Hey Felix, if you build it they will come  :kid_devlish:  PS not last week of November as there's a Pirate on board  :kid_smartass:

The Flying Squad

Posted Image

#139 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:59 PM

Another concept maneuver is now available at: http://gyraphicdesign.com/Super16
Again, will it work in real life? If it does then this one might be a better one to train on first, before trying the Cross Thread.

Sorry, this one is not completed at this time for the return to the original position. I will do it at a later date if it proves feasible.

#140 play365

play365

The Flying Squad

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:59 AM

In either of the diamond shapes why not dosy do also Posted Image
GARY

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users