#121 SynTaks

SynTaks

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:59 PM

Tak, You just never know what 2011 may bring,, Mike

Mike: There's just no way it's going to happen...lol I will have to settle for the photo of me holding the kite at the rev HQ. I don't see me winning the lottery anytime soon, especially since we don't have a lottery up here.

But a guy can dream. :P

--TaK

Posted Image
AlasKiters kite club

There's two of us crazies here.... which one is this?
He's into the B series, choreography and coloring.
She's into a bridleless SUL and skiing with a Blast.

#122 windpoacher

windpoacher

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

you go to the park after DARK,with DIRTY wind and turn on the lights in the tennis court area,
put on headphones and fly in the turbulent, direction changing wind , 30 degree , snow filled sky,for hours !!!!!
Then wake up at 4:30 am, walk a mile, catch a bus , ride it for a half an hour, walk 1 more mile to work, then fly for 1 hour ,20 ish degree's , in the dark with the kite under a street light , then start work and hope for wind at lunch (half an hour).....
.........."I ONLY HAVE 2 REV'S......... SO I AM NOT ADDICTED"............Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image ........ RIGHT!!!!!!!!!??????????
..........................W I N D P O A C H E R..........................
...........................thank god for wind..........................
............................thank him often..........................

#123 SynTaks

SynTaks

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:42 PM

you go to the park after DARK,with DIRTY wind and turn on the lights in the tennis court area,
put on headphones and fly in the turbulent, direction changing wind , 30 degree , snow filled sky,for hours !!!!!
Then wake up at 4:30 am, walk a mile, catch a bus , ride it for a half an hour, walk 1 more mile to work, then fly for 1 hour ,20 ish degree's , in the dark with the kite under a street light , then start work and hope for wind at lunch (half an hour).....
.........."I ONLY HAVE 2 REV'S......... SO I AM NOT ADDICTED"............Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image ........ RIGHT!!!!!!!!!??????????

Flying under a street light? Nope. I do that everyday. (It's Alaska... Dark comes with Winter.)

Flying in 30 degrees? Nope. (Try 30 degrees BELOW zero. :P )

4:30am? Yep. That'll do it. lol
(I don't know how anyone can do anything before noon.)

I was addicted when I had my first rev, so if ya think ya git out of it by only having two of em...

Face it everyone...

Once you GET your hands on those handles, it's too late. If you go through all the work of learning to keep the thing in the air for 60 seconds, you are addicted.

Posted Image
AlasKiters kite club

There's two of us crazies here.... which one is this?
He's into the B series, choreography and coloring.
She's into a bridleless SUL and skiing with a Blast.

#124 FlyWithMe

FlyWithMe
  • Forum Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:37 AM

you go to the park for two hours but the wind only gives you 15 mins of flying time(and not all at once) but you keep hanging on staring at the leaves the grass the sky anything to see movement so you can get the kite up for another 5 mins.

#125 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:45 PM

you go to the park for two hours but the wind only gives you 15 mins of flying time(and not all at once) but you keep hanging on staring at the leaves the grass the sky anything to see movement so you can get the kite up for another 5 mins.

Been there, done that!!!Posted Image It SUCKS!!!:kid_brooding:

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#126 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:35 AM

Giving this a bump just because tomorrow will be 2 years to the day of my first rev flight .... and boy did I dive down that slippery slope to the dark side real fast.

This year I didn't match the pace of new revs that I did in my first year, but the collection DID grow :blushing:

With any luck, tomorrow I will be setting another on that slippery slope - he's already WELL hooked from flying mine and seeing YouTube videos. The force is strong with this one and with next to no kite experience, he's flown everything I've handed him (including a powered up vented B2 with 1.5 handles and my own leader settings) ... he'll catch me up in half the time.

Next year the kite buying will slow some more (unless Bazzer decides to do B2, Indoor-1.5 and Indoor-2 Pros :devil: ) and the focus will be even more on skills.

To get back to topic - you know you're addicted when you fly to the USA to attend the Rev Clinic :wacko:

#127 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:26 AM

you know you're addicted when
you buy identical replacement sails for the favorite kites you've beaten so hard (within an inch of their very lives in my case). You don't want any new design concepts, just crispy new colorful sails on the old rigs!

#128 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:08 AM

Iím it the same boat, but my problem is that my sail pattern has been retired. I have spent hours with the colorizer trying to work my colours into a new B series sail whist still retaining the spirit and soul of the old SLE design. I have even experimented with some homemade sails they fly great but I didnít quite achieve the look I was aiming for. I think I have finally cracked the cracked the colour layout, now I just have to raise the funds for a new set of custom sails.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#129 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:07 AM

I think I have finally cracked the cracked the colour layout, now I just have to raise the funds for a new set of custom sails.

You know you are addicted when you consider selling one of your kidneys for a new suite of custom sails Posted Image

I'm packing one of mine in ice right now.....

Have Rev, Will Travel

My YouTube Channel - Thanks for watching smile.png

#130 Stone in Shoe Bob

Stone in Shoe Bob

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:22 AM

Now thereís an idea, organ sale is not legal in the UK and Import Duty is horrendously high on personal imports. I was thinking of ordering and having kites shipped to a US hotel for personal collection to cut costs but Iím now thinking maybe a hospital would serve just as well.
Stone in Shoe Bob

It's Good to Share the Joy.

#131 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:46 AM

When not only do you think of a bigger, better kite stake so the iQuad fellas can gang up on it with their plethora of handles, but you follow through and actually make it.

Details to follow........ :sign_kitelife:
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#132 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:38 PM

Now there's an idea, organ sale is not legal in the UK and Import Duty is horrendously high on personal imports. I was thinking of ordering and having kites shipped to a US hotel for personal collection to cut costs but I'm now thinking maybe a hospital would serve just as well.

Excellent!

You know you're addicted when you can't wait to see someone else's brand new custom Revs.....

Have Rev, Will Travel

#133 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

You know you're addicted when you go and get a real 9-5 type part-time job to finance your quest to visit kite festivals and buy more Revs.

Posted Image

Have Rev, Will Travel

#134 makatakam

makatakam

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

I'm in denial.......
Mark

Posted Image

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go."
CSN&Y

#135 LS Kite Stakes

LS Kite Stakes

Make it Custom!

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

You know you are a Revaholic when you make and sell kiting accessories to help give reason to go to more festivals and finance more kiting purchases......

Oh heck, who am I kidding, I am having a heck of a lot of fun too!!! :sign_kitelife:
LS Custom Kite Accessories

Maker of the Original Marble Kite Stake
And Revolution Snagless Pro Handles
http://www.Kitestakes.com

Posted Image

#136 SkyPuppet

SkyPuppet

Reveller

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

You know you are a Revaholic when you make and sell kiting accessories to help give reason to go to more festivals and finance more kiting purchases......

You are on the right track my friend!
I believe in working smarter, and not harder. With my new part-time gig, I'm now working 3 different jobs, and none of them have to do with kites!!
I need to get involved, like you have, so I can find a way to make the travel to festivals and the kite purchases a tax write-off.

You know you are a Revoholic when you spend time thinking about how to explain your Revs to the I.R.S.

Have Rev, Will Travel

#137 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

Oh heck, who am I kidding, I am having a heck of a lot of fun too!!!

A sure sign you're doing it RIGHT !!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users