vented b

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 badinfluence

badinfluence
  • Forum Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:30 AM

when you guys suggest on the forum about your favorite combinations and say the way to go is a vented b with a race frame are you talking about a mid vented or a full vented b? i am talking about 8 to 15 mph winds maybe up to 25mph. Do most choose a full vented or a mid vented?? thanks

#2 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:38 AM

full vent for over 10 mph (steady) up to your higher wind speed numbers. I'd switch to a mid-vent immediately if the wind feel below a steady ten.

I'd swap-out the leading edge Race frame before arriving at 25 mph with a the full vented sail too. three wrap leading edge and maybe 3 or 4's for the down spars.

#3 badinfluence

badinfluence
  • Forum Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:05 AM

also, i use a regular b for 5 to 25 mph winds but around 15mph and up i feel you really have to start holding on to it and working the outer window more on the gusts. Very fun at higher winds but the tricks become a bit diffrent as with the strong pull of the kite. That is where i am hoping the vented comes in to help out with the strong pull. Our stronger winds around my area average 10 to 15 though and i hate to get a full vented and find out i am not going to get much fly time on it and should have went with a mid vent. Can you take a full vent down to 5-10 mph with a race frame in it?

Edited by wind junkie, 27 October 2010 - 06:06 AM.

#4 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:29 AM

depends on the pilot and the location,.. at a beach with nice smooth wind of off the ocean certainly,.... near my home, HECK no!

the snappy performance happens best on a full sail. The wind window is also larger with a full sail, venting slows everything down and revs are all about control not snapping it around, I like to dump air pressure and then re-power it back up again though!

You'll have all three models eventually but most folks acquire is a specific order. Full sail, full vent, mid-vent, indoor, Zen, masterpiece kites. You might like a speed series wing too, they are fast and furious. Traction kiting may hold your attention as well. Go big or go home!

#5 katrina

katrina

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 01:34 PM

When people refer to "vented" they usually mean full-vent. The reason to go standard first, then full vented is because you will then be able to fly in pretty much any wind.  When the standard starts to pull a little much, you switch directly to your vented, and you're covered into the higher wind ranges (until you need an Xtra Vent  :kid_smartass: ).  The mid overlaps the wind ranges for the standard and full vent.  

So to add to revflyer's order of buying, somewhere in there, you upgrade from the B series to the B series Pro.  They are spendier but worth it.  If you are sure you're going to keep up with this little hobby, you might consider going straight to pros for further purchases.  Saves $ in the long run, but not worth it if your kites might end up getting dusty in a closet. 

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7d6a219c-f09c-4ff7-bfe6-def4ee70537f.jpg 7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpg   9318e0ca-5fb4-4414-ba00-6101d95edf46.jpg   7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users