26 replies to this topic

#21 Felix Mottram

Felix Mottram

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:58 PM

Watty - Have you tried them (green rods) in your vented sail, too?? Same conclusions?? Posted Image

Seems like a 'flex' issue...

Felix

#22 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:33 PM

I was asking because I already have 2, 3, 4, and regular race frames for my 3 sails, I have now!! Use the 2 wrap in my SUL, race in my mid-vent "B", 3 wrap in the full vent SLE, and have my 4 wrap if it blows like .........!!! Just wondering where they fit in that lineup, and if you already have a selection like mine, if you need "green rods" or are there others that provide as good a choice!! Also, I only have the 4 wrap and regular race frames for my Rev1, and am very impressed by how much I like the race frame in that sail!! Just am very careful about the wind range I fly that combo in, don't want to over-flex that frame and test it to destruction!!!

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#23 Watty

Watty

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:35 PM

Watty - Have you tried them (green rods) in your vented sail, too?? Same conclusions?? Posted Image

I have not, only the full sail and mid-vent. Once I get the full-vent out I will give it a go and get back to you.

Spence "Watty" Watson

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#24 sirrom

sirrom

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

I have not, only the full sail and mid-vent. Once I get the full-vent out I will give it a go and get back to you.

I have tried the green rods in my Custom full vent. I love them :clap; Although the wind was only at 10 to 15 mph.
BRETT
(Formerly sirrom2000)
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#25 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:58 PM

Thanks Watty, I'll be watching for your response!!Posted Image

Sirrom: Thanks for your input!!Posted Image

wayne from portland
You have 2 choices - live on or die!! I ain't the dying type!!!  Also known as "portland flyer" on some forums!

7346824786_f12fcda7bd_s.jpg7770032034_ebc85fc33e_s.jpg7776002900_89d33b664b_s.jpgLogoupdate.png

AKA member

#26 quaa714

quaa714

REVular poster

• Forum Member
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:23 AM

As one who will gladly test to destruction I have flown these green meenies in various conditions and in various sails and haven't broken one YET.

I will say this......
They are as stiff as a 3 wrap but lighter and easier to throw around, however not as flexi as regular race rods but equally as light.

Comparisons can be made and opinions like other things are many and varied (fill in the blank here) but my point is this......It comes down to your comfort level and what YOU are trying to get out of the experience. There are times I like to use this rod because it can take a pounding when the winds go up and down variably and I don't want to switch out to a 3. On the other hand, I like the soft feel of the black race rods when the wind is smooth and consistent and I just want to whip that puppy around and not worry the flex is gonna get me!!!!!

I guess the point is to go out and try to break the kite. If you don't, you're not flying the hell out of it. Besides, Rev stands behind their stuff and they'll happily sell you some more rods if you break em!!!!!

Seriously though.......you get out of your flying experience only what you put into it by taking things just a little bit further each time you're out there. Go experiment!!!!!!!!!!

Opinions made here are mine and yours, while they might be different, are yours, go forth and GRIN!!!!!!!!

"Cya in the Sand!....."

"Slack lines are fine lines!"

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" BD
"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" BM
av-1950.jpg

#27 stroke survivor

stroke survivor

Hard Core Kite Flier

• Forum Member
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:23 AM

quaa714 - Thanks for your descriptions!! I am with Katrina on this, all the early posts seemed to be centered around strength and not flex issues!! So I was also looking for some feedback on how people felt about the flying characteristics of these rods!! So thanks for describing when you use them, and I hope others will join in!!

PS : Got the grin factor covered!!!Posted Image

wayne from portland

AKA member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users