Race Rod Frame Help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 badinfluence

badinfluence
  • Forum Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:52 AM

Hello, Just received a new 1.5 race frame today. After examining the shippment, all the rods look fine except for the main leading edge rod had a pitted chip at the end( see photo). Does anyone think this is OK? Race frame costs alot of $$$$.

Attached Thumbnails

• spar.JPG

#2 Baloo

Baloo

Frequent Flyer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:17 AM

Best to ask the folks you bought it from I would think.

If it was a distance / internet sale I would be tempted to send an email with the picture.

Would be worried if it was my nice new Race Rods.

Oh and welcome to the Forum.

#3 badinfluence

badinfluence
  • Forum Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:02 AM

As an update, Dealer is sending out a new rod just to be safe and explained to me that it occasionally happens with the rods.I received great customer service from Rich at http://www.midwestkites.com/. Highly recommended!!

PS. Thanks for the welcome!

Edited by wind junkie, 18 October 2010 - 10:03 AM.

#4 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:39 PM

I think it would have broken on first use as it appears to have a crack.
It appears to me that the rod had something hard hitting it. It could have happened during transport.

5 stars for Rich at Midwest Kites for great Customer Support.

Long John (formerly Mr. R)

STACK International Executive Committee - 6/1996-6/2008
International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
World Sport Kite Championship Judge - 2004-2005-2006(Chief Judge)
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

Web Site - http://www.johnnmitchell.com/index.html Check it out today!

#5 badinfluence

badinfluence
  • Forum Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:19 AM

John, I am absolutly blown away at your Rev collection. Just awesome and amazing!! I have 5 kites and i thought i was getting a good collection until now. To think i have 55 less than you makes me speechless. I am curious though why you do not have a EXP or a Zen model?

#6 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

John, I am absolutly blown away at your Rev collection. Just awesome and amazing!! I have 5 kites and i thought i was getting a good collection until now. To think i have 55 less than you makes me speechless. I am curious though why you do not have a EXP or a Zen model?

Unfortunately, most of my collection was lost a few years back.
Concerning the EXP, I personally preferred the Polyester sails of the 1.5 over the nylon sails of the EXP. In fact I apparently have the very first REV 1.5 polyester sail ever made with an original Logo. Revolution printed the logo on white Icarex Polyester, back in early 1996 and I did the rest. In 1998 Revolution started making the REV 1.5 with polyester sails.
-43-19960416-b.jpg
Yes, I do have a ZEN of my own color scheme and there is a mirror that someone else who is well know has.
D100-20100531-0012.png
My latest creation can be seen in this Illustrator drawing.
REV-Historical-golden-sunset-noPDF-06b_front_of_cloud.png
A limited number of these are available directly from Revolution.

International Rules Book Committee and STACK International Head Judge - 6/2004-6/2008
13x 1st - 12x 2nd - 6x 3rd places in 37 overall Quadline individual competitions

#7 badinfluence

badinfluence
  • Forum Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:59 PM

john, that is the most beautiful Zen i have ever seen. I would buy that from you anytime if you ever sell it. That black and rainbow combination makes me jealous!! I wish i could order one from Rev like that. Thanks for the pictures.

#8 RevWizard

RevWizard

Rev Guru and Historian

• Forum Admin
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

john, that is the most beautiful Zen i have ever seen. I would buy that from you anytime if you ever sell it. That black and rainbow combination makes me jealous!! I wish i could order one from Rev like that. Thanks for the pictures.

You can have a Zen made to your color scheme as long as you stay with in the panel layout. Go to the Colorizer on www.revkites.com and start coloring what you want. Send the scheme to Revolution along with your order. I really have no idea how long it might take to make one these days, but it will take a while.

Now if you want one of those golden historical kites, I think it can be delivered much quicker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users