13 replies to this topic

#1 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:30 AM

Anyone from here going to be there next weekend by any chance?

I have my doubts, but if you don't ask .....

#2 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:52 AM

Geez, how I wish I was going to be there, that'd be fantastic! Have a great time!
David Hathaway, Revisionist
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

#3 Murph

Murph

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:14 AM

Nah sadly not. Posted Image

Just googling your previous festivals there..... Have you been to previous ones?
Seems to be quite popular with invited flyers from Germany and the US. You been in touch with the organisers to see whose coming?

Hopefully some of them will have a Rev or two stashed away in the bag (don't be afraid to ask) ...you might even get to do some team flying with other like minded, Rev-a-holics!

Either way, have a good one..... and don't forget to take a few pics or vids for us all.

Chris

#4 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:24 AM

Geez, how I wish I was going to be there, that'd be fantastic! Have a great time!

I'm sure jax made you well aware that you don't need a festival if you want to visit. Just let us know when you're arriving and we'll round up enough people to make our own festival/clinic ;)

@Chris
Haven't been before, but if sure if there is anyone there with a Rev they will come on over. I'm only taking my Revs with, but I will be piloting some power kites as well - for fun, teaching and if the conditions allow, to provide some jumping and scudding entertainment.

Now to cross fingers that the 'Cape of Storms' plays nice...

#5 Love2fly

Love2fly

All Revved up... where do you want to fly?

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:35 AM

Hi kwmf-

Sorry, not any time soon for me, either.

Have a great time.
Laura

*** Any day flying is a good day; have a great one! 
**** REVS: Fly it, you'll like it!
***** L.S.P. ... It's worth the trip!

Posted Image

#6 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:01 AM

I'm sure jax made you well aware that you don't need a festival if you want to visit. Just let us know when you're arriving and we'll round up enough people to make our own festival/clinic ;)

And I'm definitely pondering how to get down there, it'd be a great trip!

Have a great time, hugs to all from me!
David Hathaway, Revisionist
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

#7 jburka

jburka

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:11 AM

I know Dave and Suzy Gomberg will be there. Dave is theoretically a Rev flyer, and of course he had his limited edition Rev printed by Los Hermanos...but I doubt he'll have any along with him. He sometimes has other folks with him on the Cape Town trip, but I don't know who, if any, are along for this one.

#8 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:33 AM

Its easy Dave ... Buy a plane ticket and pitch up at the airport and let the pilot do the rest ;)

#9 Kiteland

Kiteland
  • Forum Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:40 AM

My wife is from Cape Town - now living in the UK.

We go out there atleast once per yer - never managed to be there for the festival though Posted Image

Enjoy - excellent winds Posted Image

Edited by Kiteland, 16 October 2010 - 07:40 AM.

#10 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:53 AM

Well I'm back home after a lovely time down in Cape Town.

On the revolution front, I lost track of how many people wanted to know where I got mine and/or where they could buy one from. I was the only manouverable on the field and only had space to fly on 50' lines. I used the opportunity to fly the back line closest to the crowd as much as possible and to move a little into them when it was safe to do so and provide an opportunity for engagement.

On the sunday I also finally got nailed down to do my performing chimp bit for one of the TV crews who were there. After being interviewed and filmed setting up (from digging thru my bag for everything to complete assembly) I proceded to fly around a bit, do some hovers and a few dive stops. It was somewhere into this where the presenter made some comment about the control, so I told her to go stand by the kite and put her hand out. After doing a some hand landings and flying around her and doing dive stops in front of her the damn camera guy wanted me to do it all again so he could be at another angle.

I think they liked it because she wanted to give it a try so I got her on the handles of my B and took her up for a some Rev time. Again the camera guy comes running over after and this time wants it done again because he was changing to a fresh tape.

I think everyone really loved the Rev because I was the only kite on the field that they could see themselves owning and flying. I don't know when this will air, but I will try find out. My time is likely to only be a small part of an overall segment on the event, an be in Afrikaans instead of english .... but I hope I did okay for the Revolution banner none the less. Those hand landings were tough since the difference in wind speed from ground level to 3' to 6' was essentially nothing to 6 to 12 mph. Posted Image

And a big thanks to the Gombergs for trusting my abilities enough to let me fly next to their awsome kite.

#11 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:56 AM

Uploaded a few of the Rev pics I got to the gallery - http://www.revkites....album&album=479

#12 mbro

mbro

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:24 AM

Great picture! Nice to see some of the lady flying also. looks like "good times"!
mbro
"But now, we are free. We are up; we are off..."

#13 kwmf

kwmf

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:29 AM

I missed out on taking photos of her on the Sunday because I was too blown away by her reverse precision and watching her work on cracking the inverted hover (which I rekon she's about 30 minutes away from getting).

We've still got a way to go, but its nice flying the same sky as her now ... I'm hoping we can be able to do a routine at the show next year

#14 Murph

Murph

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:22 AM

Aha! Got the taste for festivals now! .....say goodbye to the 'regular' holiday destinations. I'm sure not a problem if the missus flys kites too Posted Image

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users