7 replies to this topic

#1 katrina

katrina

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:38 AM

3.jpg Here are almost all the icarex colors available for the B series and the Zen. Theresa was kind enough to lend me her samples, so I watermarked the photos with her website address. I took this photo in full sun after first correcting the white balance with a grayscale card. I left the edge of the gray card in the picture, so you can check that your monitor is showing you the true colors. The grays should look like pure grays with no tints of other colors.

Now, the colors here have slightly different names than those listed on the (oh so awesome) colorizer. Dark blue = midnight blue, green =hunter green, grape = plum, violet = purple. Yellow = yellow, not "west coast." Teal is carribean blue. Rubine red is on the colorizer, but not in my samples. If anyone has a photo of a rubine red sample or a kite with rubine, please add it to this thread!

Edited by katrina, 15 October 2010 - 09:58 PM.

Just pretend all my statements are prefaced with IIRC, AFAIK, IMHO, and end with "Just my $.02," okay?
(And stop asking for cookies, all you new darkside converts! It was all just a ruse to get you here!)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 katrina

katrina

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:48 AM

Next, I took photos of each strip separately, tilted up a bit with white paper beneath, to show what they look like with a bit of light coming through.

Disclaimers: The colors should be close to true, but the brightness may vary from strip to strip, since they were separate photos. The white paper appears gray, and you may be tempted to fiddle with it in paint or photoshop to make it white, but don't! It actually appeared gray because the samples were laminated and they were thick enough to cast a bit of a shadow.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg

Edited by katrina, 14 October 2010 - 09:46 AM.

Just pretend all my statements are prefaced with IIRC, AFAIK, IMHO, and end with "Just my $.02," okay?
(And stop asking for cookies, all you new darkside converts! It was all just a ruse to get you here!)

#3 katrina

katrina

Occasional Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:18 AM

Against the sky (duh) Posted Image
Hope these are helpful!

Attached Thumbnails

• 3sky.jpg

#4 REVflyer

REVflyer

Rev Guru

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:48 AM

it would be more helpful if the colors were matched-up against the Pantone Reference manuals, for example "bright red" might equate to PMS 186.

Then software (like illustrator) could be used and even the translucent aspects of the fabric colors could be layered together accurately represented on your monitor!

#5 monkey

monkey

Rev Guru

• Forum Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:32 AM

The Hunter Green is also referred to as "Monkey Green" by Bazzer :D
David Hathaway, Revisionist
-~ REVisions
-~ www.simian-studios.ca
-~ www.teamiquad.com
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis!

#6 bartman

bartman

Frequent Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:35 AM

Thanks for doing this. I think I may need it... Posted Image

Bart

#7 andelscott

andelscott

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:25 PM

The Hunter Green is also referred to as "Monkey Green" by Bazzer :D

I'm guessing you use a ColorMunki to set up the colour profiles for your PC display and printers..... :kid_brooding:
Andy

#8 Theresa

Theresa

Regular Poster

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:53 PM

Good job Katrina!

FYI for everybody.....Stevie made these for me when he was staying at Bazzer's. So...they are actual scraps from Bazzer's sewing floor, labeled and laminated by Stevie :)

K...hope to see you Friday in Seaside! :)

Hugs,
T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users